James Beattie's first interview after joining Wednesday

Guest Mcguigan

Pep Clotet was the football brain within that trio. Monk should swallow his pride and get him involved, I'd be pretty confident of a mid table finish this season.

The main reason we performed better in 18/19 to lastseason was coaching. The loss of Agnew Clemence and Bruce was not remedied last season. Monk did not have a great deal of back up and I am delighted he has refreshed coaching team and the 3 coaches brought in all have form. 

It has been said many times on here Bullen was a bag carrier or cone jockey. In JL and last season had more prominent role and Monk moving hm suggests he was not raed. In addition goalkeeping has slowly deteriorated since Andy Rhodes left and think this is an area which required addressing.

Thompson has proved himself as useful coach in past and did wellwith yooung players so could be useful with tnexperienced squad.

Due to Covid I thnk league will be weak next season and hopefully a good coaching team will see us ok.

#

• Like 1

Matt Busby, the legendary Manchester United manager played for only two clubs throughout his playing career - Manchester City and Liverpool. The Man Utd fans seemed happy with Busby. 

Beattie spent maybe two seasons (possibly less) at the pigs - he’s hardly Captain Blade (or whatever he’s called) is he