BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday WILL appeal the EFL -12 point deduction!

19 hours ago, Jimbob1867 said:

One final thought and I’ll shut up and not post for another 4 years.

I fully expected to read the judgment today and either tear the panel/EFL a new one or at least find decent grounds for an appeal. Having digested the whole judgment - and I should note that the judgment is the opinion of the panel and we don’t get to see the extensive evidence filed by either side (although as mentioned before I do feel the panel has acted with intelligence and integrity) I was shocked - shocked I tell thee! at how badly we appear to have dealt with this, how clear it seems to be we were wrong and how removed the facts seem to be from the statements the club has made about their view of what actually occurred. 

That is all. UTO and - why not - FTB.

Read your interesting take on this thanks - but for me we have to be wary of the bit in bold 

Re you are shocked, I think there's a fair few of us that aren't even a little bit.

I strongly support the Club and by default Mr Chansiri through this, as you would family  

BUT You cannot continue to run the club like this, a change has to be made ..but it won't 

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And given we are part of the EFL that presumably includes Wednesday or is Chansiri - who asks us to pay some eye watering prices - a noble exemption from criticism? 

We’re a member club of the EFL, who are there to ‘govern’ and run the league we play in  , what effect does Dejphon Chansiri have on the running of football ? Does he sit on the EFL board ?   Does anyone from the club sit on the EFL board ? 

Charlton are now pestering the EFL to appeal. How much time is left for them to do so.

Don't forget charlton are a well ran club and are not shyte. They are part of the efl as we all are, to show solidarity, I think DC should request the efl appeal on charltons behalf.

After all we all voted for the rules.

If successful, charlton will remain in the championship and we will go down.

They would of course go down next year cos they are shyte and tin pot...but that's beside the point.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

What’s an embarrassment is the amount of people that still can’t see the EFL and football hierarchy as a whole for the corrupt, incompetent, money blinded leeches each and every one of them really are 

This one's confused me

What money does the EFL benefit from?

Owlstalk Shop

I don't get why we are so primed to play the victim. We are a member of the EFL. We are part of the EFL club. We broke the rules. They tried to help us not break the rules but we broke them all the same. Yes we can campaign to change the rules - and enlist other clubs in that quest because that's what we'll need to change the rules i.e. we will need the EFL to change the EFL. But until that happens we should just get on with it instead of bitching about other clubs. fizz me we haven't taken this very well - imagine if we'd been in Charlton's shoes how persecuted we would have felt then. 

We're lucky we're being punished next season. Hopefully an appeal will make us even luckier but part of me just thinks we should just slope off breathing a big sigh of relief that we've escaped a far worse punishment. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I don't get why we are so primed to play the victim. We are a member of the EFL. We are part of the EFL club. We broke the rules. They tried to help us not break the rules but we broke them all the same. Yes we can campaign to change the rules - and enlist other clubs in that quest because that's what we'll need to change the rules i.e. we will need the EFL to change the EFL. But until that happens we should just get on with it instead of bitching about other clubs. fizz me we haven't taken this very well - imagine if we'd been in Charlton's shoes how persecuted we would have felt then. 

We're lucky we're being punished next season. Hopefully an appeal will make us even luckier but part of me just thinks we should just slope off breathing a big sigh of relief that we've escaped a far worse punishment. 

Thing is Charlton may not exist as a football club in the near future

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Which would be terrible just like it was with Bury. 

Do you exonerate the EFL of any blame in that aswell ? 

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Can he sell the ground to himself then buy it back?  Asking for a friend.  

Sheffield 3 is it that owns the stadium now? They could sell back to SWFC for a nominal fee with an agreed future payment of £60m when we get back to the premier league,  club then sells the stadium again to Sheffield 4 for what ever number chansiri plucks out of the sky.  😂

EFL spontaneously combust.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Do you exonerate the EFL of any blame in that aswell ? 

Nope not all - why would I?

I don't exonerate the EFL of blame in how they dealt with us  - it should have been dealt with quicker and they should have looked properly into everything they were charging us with. But poor, poor pitiful me doesn't wash especially when it looks like the EFL were holding our hand to try and steer us out of the mess Chansiri had got us into. 

No-one comes out of this smelling of roses and we're the ones who suffer - I've shelled out almost a grand for 2 season tickets to watch a nailed on relegation battle.  So forgive me if I'm not up for lifting Chansiri shoulder high as an anti-EFL Che Guevara figure. 

• Like 2

On 17/08/2020 at 11:37, S36 OWL said:

The fact we breached FFP isn't in question. So we can only be appealing the number of pts deducted surely.? 

Appealing against being found guilty because accounts had been approved and that sanction should be in 2018/19 anyway. Top class lawyers.

On 17/08/2020 at 11:39, WalthamOwl said:

Just can’t see us winning said appeal. As has been said if we did it would open the floodgates for other clubs. As much as I would love it I just don’t think we will. Hope to God we don’t get docked more points. 

We can NOT get docked more points. We are already on MAXIMUM.

• Like 1

You can see why they want to delay Derby's potential punishment. Being deducted points at the end of a season when you aren't going up and are well clear of relegation becomes a total non-punishment in a division in which there is no prize money for places. There should be clear rules as to when points are deducted - like a transfer deadline. Before x date or x number of games it's this season, after it then it's the following season. Ignoring the date of any appeals  which should be dealt with quickly anyway. 

• Like 1

On 17/08/2020 at 11:39, WalthamOwl said:

Just can’t see us winning said appeal. As has been said if we did it would open the floodgates for other clubs. As much as I would love it I just don’t think we will. Hope to God we don’t get docked more points. 

We can NOT get docked more points!

Guest Grandad

You can really sense the embarassment amongst the TrueFan™'s over the last few days.

Got to admire em though for sticking at it.

On 17/08/2020 at 11:59, @owlstalk said:

This is more uncertainty for Monk and his team hanging over them

If we appeal and have the hope that we are going to get the deduction reduced and it doesn't happen that's another big hammer blow

Not saying DC shouldn't appeal by the way - he absolutely should

But it's just more uncertainty and clouds hanging over us this new fresh season which isn't ideal

We are not trying to get a points reduction. Either get conviction annulled or sanction put in 2018/19!