BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday WILL appeal the EFL -12 point deduction!

Guest Hornsby
3 hours ago, mkowl said:

I think our office cleaner would find that very derogatory

Especially as I tend to do ours on a Friday when I have had enough of the week.

But I know one thing, I would have prepared a better heads of term and something resembling a binding unconditional contract than what we actually did 

You also said the stadium external valuation wouldn't be based on rental yield. It is (para 122 refers).

We are paying Sheffield 3 company three million a year annual rent,  a five per cent gross return

19 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Appealing against being found guilty because accounts had been approved and that sanction should be in 2018/19 anyway. Top class lawyers.

But the accounts shouldn't have been approved. 

"if (which is the case, as we have found) the Annual Accounts for the Club for the 14 months to 31 July 2018 were not in accordance with the Financial Reporting Standards, then they are not “Annual Accounts” as defined in the Regulations and thus no compliant “Annual Accounts” have been submitted. "

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

But the accounts shouldn't have been approved. 

"if (which is the case, as we have found) the Annual Accounts for the Club for the 14 months to 31 July 2018 were not in accordance with the Financial Reporting Standards, then they are not “Annual Accounts” as defined in the Regulations and thus no compliant “Annual Accounts” have been submitted. "

Accounts were wrong end of, it's obvious the at the 3 August meeting the impression was given to the club that the heads of term agreement could be backdated a month and signed off in july.

We have failed here, the EFL have failed in their dealings with the club and club should have been deducted 12 points in a season they finished 24 points clear of relegation.

12 points can't be backdated, but given it was found in our favour that we had acted in good faith all along and the charges should have happened in 18/19 season (forget timing of accounts published, if EFL hadn't given false impression at August meeting the charges would have been in that year) could see there's a possibility the points deduction may be reduced together with a fine given to the club.

Am surprised the EFL haven't made a statement in response to our appeal yet

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

I would be gobsmacked if we got a reduction, total waste of time. What is the point of the independent panel if their final outcome gets drastically altered? 

We need to accept the appeal will be dismissed and carry on from today as if we will be on minus 12.

Let's move on

We are not asking for a reduction, but an annulation, if not annulled then sanction put in 2018/19!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Its my understanding the money didnt have to change hands at the time. I'm happy to be corrected.

That's correct but it was a "binding" contract that he couldn't back track on based on the EFL requirements so he would need to ensure all monies were in place to be able to purchase before he issued that letter of intent surely ?

4 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Hang on we're discussing a club statement about the appeal and people are asking who has drafted it ? In this same thread people have been calling the chairman incompetent throughout the process and for appealing. Who do they think has been handling it his office cleaner ?

Drafted by our lawyers would be obvious supposition.  

3 minutes ago, S25OWL said:

That's correct but it was a "binding" contract that he couldn't back track on based on the EFL requirements so he would need to ensure all monies were in place to be able to purchase before he issued that letter of intent surely ?

He hasn’t paid for it has he. It’s being “paid” in instalments. 

1 hour ago, mike84 said:

Sheffield 3 is it that owns the stadium now? They could sell back to SWFC for a nominal fee with an agreed future payment of £60m when we get back to the premier league,  club then sells the stadium again to Sheffield 4 for what ever number chansiri plucks out of the sky.  😂

EFL spontaneously combust.

But surely it is in Sheffield 6 ?

23 minutes ago, johnnyfoxhill owl said:

The EFL benefit from the gate receipts from the league cup.( caraboo cup ).they get 10% of the home gate money.if we beat Walsall,and get drawn at home,we should boycott the match.don't give them a single penny..that's is if anyone is allowed in by then

The first 4 rounds are played before the end of September. Doubt we will be back in the ground in any significant numbers by then and if you expect us to go beyond round 4 I admire your optimism! 

2 hours ago, daleblue said:

Hope your missus dunt know your doing the cleaner, (if it's only Fridays, whats she doing rest of week), asking for a friend.

I have done the cleaner on several occasions and the wife has never complained 

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

You also said the stadium external valuation wouldn't be based on rental yield. It is (para 122 refers).

We are paying Sheffield 3 company three million a year annual rent,  a five per cent gross return

You are right I presumed it would be on depreciated replacement cost - the same as Derby had done. That was an option that I thought unlikely - haven't actually checked if it said a valuation has been done or not. Tbh I presumed we would not want a 3m debit for FFP purposes to start each year. 

The accounts for July 19 if ever published will give more clarification i am sure, certainly more than the 2018 ones ever did

3 hours ago, steelowl said:

Read your interesting take on this thanks - but for me we have to be wary of the bit in bold 

Re you are shocked, I think there's a fair few of us that aren't even a little bit.

I strongly support the Club and by default Mr Chansiri through this, as you would family  

BUT You cannot continue to run the club like this, a change has to be made ..but it won't 

I’d love it if it turns out the panel didn’t take into account some relevant evidence but I doubt it. There doesn’t seem much room to apply a different interpretation of the evidence they do appear to have considered. The panel members seem to have decent credentials. 

On the being shocked point, I was pretty sure we weren’t up to Man City standards but I didn’t realise we were the equivalent of the mechanical bird Homer Simpson puts on his control panel to hit Cancel when he’s in the boozer 

• Like 1