BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday WILL appeal the EFL -12 point deduction!

11 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

What do you want us to do ,"Oh we are so sorry that we tried to circumvent your stupid rules ,please relegate us we deserve it !"lol

Don't be silly. We are trying to deflect the blame wholly onto the EFL when it was entirely in our own hands to have dealt with the sale properly and avoided both the charge and the points deduction. All an appeal will do is to have it hammered into us just how inept Chansiri has been.

We should have the grace to accept the punishment and move on.

9 minutes ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Don't be silly. We are trying to deflect the blame wholly onto the EFL when it was entirely in our own hands to have dealt with the sale properly and avoided both the charge and the points deduction. All an appeal will do is to have it hammered into us just how inept Chansiri has been.

We should have the grace to accept the punishment and move on.

Chansiri has the money to get us out of this division, but can't spend it.

It's no different from the money gifted to the parachute clubs, yet they can spend.

Chansiri hates this, and so do I.

The EFL cannot wait to apply a punishment for maximum effect, something else which doubtless irks.

Unless clubs stick the boot into the EFL, repeatedly, then this unjust system will continue.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Animis said:

I agree with others, in let's shine the light on DC and his management team at the time. We are where we are because of them - period.

In terms of the club statement yesterday, who wrote it - what is the leadership team at Hillsborough? DC doesn't appear to be fully engaged, and that was two years ago. The other two Directors have resigned. Who put the statement together; who agrees these things at the club day-to-day. Are we being run by some faceless consortium from outside Hillsborough because no one appears to have any strips at the club.

My first thought when I read that statement was who has that come from 

Because it’s clearly not the owner 

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

My first thought when I read that statement was who has that come from 

Because it’s clearly not the owner 

Just a wild guess but I'd expect it to be drafted by our QC who has obviously the best viewpoint  given that he presented the case to the tribunal in the first place...why do people expect DC to draft it...oh yeah I get it so they can have another pop...oops

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Why would you expect DC to draft it when you're paying top dollar for a QC that has overseen the whole process ? Go on enlighten us

I'm not interested in this debate at all mate - I'm just interested in you repeatedly coming onto the site and telling posters they're posting stuff to beat the club with, beat the chairman with, have another go at the chairman, have another go at monk, have another go at the club.

I've asked you before not to do it - I'll just delete them from now on to keep the site friendly positive and welcoming 👍

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Just a wild guess but I'd expect it to be drafted by our QC who has obviously the best viewpoint  given that he presented the case to the tribunal in the first place...why do people expect DC to draft it...oh yeah I get it so they can have another pop...oops

As if anybody needs any more reason than the poo show outlined in the panel's report - on both parts. 

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I'm not interested in this debate at all mate - I'm interested in you repeatedly coming onto the site and telling posters they're posting stuff to beat the club with, beat the chairman with, have another go at the chairman, have another go at monk, have another go at the club.

I've asked you before not to do it - I'll just delete them from now on

Hang on we're discussing a club statement about the appeal and people are asking who has drafted it ? In this same thread people have been calling the chairman incompetent throughout the process and for appealing. Who do they think has been handling it his office cleaner ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri has the money to get us out of this division, but can't spend it.

It's no different from the money gifted to the parachute clubs, yet they can spend.

Chansiri hates this, and so do I.

The EFL cannot wait to apply a punishment for maximum effect, something else which doubtless irks.

Unless clubs stick the boot into the EFL, repeatedly, then this unjust system will continue.

What does this have to do with whether we should appeal or not?

We may not like the rules but until they are changed we have to abide by them. Chansiri found a way round it which in this instance would have worked but we didn't get the paperwork properly sorted even though we had every opportunity to do so. That is not the EFL's fault but our own.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Hang on we're discussing a club statement about the appeal and people are asking who has drafted it ? In this same thread people have been calling the chairman incompetent throughout the process and for appealing. Who do they think has been handling it his office cleaner ?

I think I would have more faith in the Office Cleaner running the club myself.
Been Amateur hour by both Wednesday and the EFL over all this.

I am sure it took chansiri some time to work out how to get 40m out of his savings to SWFC before he could officially buy the stadium .. that would have took time ... at the end of the day he was on the understanding this would be included in the 2017/18 accounts based on the EFL's response .... yes it's not good it took longer but I bet now he wishes he had just took the 12 points in 2018/19 and be £45m better off !

However, this does not account for the EFL taking different approaches with SWFC and DERBY and not applying the same rules also to club promoted to the PL and then simply giving them large fines from their parachute payments on relegation....

Clearly the EFL needs to be reviewed by the FA as they are a shambles - it does look like to me that there is a clear agenda from the EFL against certain clubs / owners (because they don't appear to follow their own rules) ..and many other owners who are just out there to vote to penalise clubs for their own gain as they know they cannot compete at this level !

Edited by S25OWL
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, S25OWL said:

£45m better off

Except that the report said Wednesday will pay £90m over 30 years for the use of Hillsborough to Sheffield 3 Ltd, owned by Chansiri.

He'll be ok financially I reckon.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not interested in this debate at all mate - I'm just interested in you repeatedly coming onto the site and telling posters they're posting stuff to beat the club with, beat the chairman with, have another go at the chairman, have another go at monk, have another go at the club.

I've asked you before not to do it - I'll just delete them from now on to keep the site friendly positive and welcoming 👍

Suppose it beats offering people out in the New Barrack Tav!!!

21 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Debate it with them then!

lol

Just leave out the 'just another stick to bash the club with' nonsense and everyone can get on just fine  👍

Owlstalk Shop

27 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I think our office cleaner would find that very derogatory

Especially as I tend to do ours on a Friday when I have had enough of the week.

But I know one thing, I would have prepared a better heads of term and something resembling a binding unconditional contract than what we actually did 

Does anyone know the outcome of the Derby case as the report yesterday eluded to the Derby case but did not say what the outcome was.

Have they been deducted any points or received any fines. 

I ask because if they have a negative start to the season like we do, it could be a good thing and give us a bit of competition getting the points down to positive, not to mention we would not always be bottom which for some of our players seems to be a mental issue.

9 minutes ago, vulva said:

Suppose it beats offering people out in the New Barrack Tav!!!

Yeah strange that...a lot of people on here came down  and had a beer with me but non of the I'm going to come down and sort you out turned up...anyone who knows me and what I did as work had a good idea as to what I'm about regardless of what posters like yourself may postulate 😎

• Thanks 1