Why a new manager is a must and why that would work

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

You are right. So any manager who fails can use the excuse they are not my players.

Yes. But we should be appointing managers that can and want to work with our squad. Jos was bizarre because he tried to make them play in a way that didn't suit them. I'll accept the injuries were also bad at that point but still it's baffling that he was appointed.

17 hours ago, vulture_squadron said:

Yes. But we should be appointing managers that can and want to work with our squad. Jos was bizarre because he tried to make them play in a way that didn't suit them. I'll accept the injuries were also bad at that point but still it's baffling that he was appointed.

Alleged bad 'eggs' & bad attitude issues led to his appointment i believe...Jos 's rep was as a disciplinarian..Think the hope was Jos could turn that around..Obviously that didnt happen.You forgot how Jos had to turn to the youngsters? 

I'm all for a new manager coming in getting shot of bannan,rhodes,reach,westwood& Lee's. Replace them with good hungry players on a fraction of there wages that can get us into the play offs ... .struggling to name one though  

Most supporters know that it is highly likely that what we have seen under Monk will continue if he is kept on.

Lack of a way of playing. zero tactics, strange selections and substitutions, dreadful perfoprmnaces and even worse results.

He has to go to give us a fighting chance of survival.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I am still waiting for that one piece of evidence from what we have seen of Monk and his style of football to suggest that he should be kept on.

Heres three: Monks team & coaching got us to third in the Championship,and challenging for an automatic playoff spot.(without a back room team of his own,no preseason, & no transfer windows) (2) Monk harvested enough points from the season to leave us well clear of relegation in our own right.(3) Monk has shown that,he is capable of tackling the alleged prima donna's & according to our latest signing from Man City,was one of the reasons he wanted to come to Wednesday.

There,now you can disagree if you like,evidence? well we are not in court,but these are facts,not just opinion.So please state your own to disagree,but dont post there isnt 'evidence' that he shoul;d be kept on.

Given we start -12 perhaps you would identify which Championship Manager,has more experience of dealing with such successfully,than Monk?

• Thanks 1

On 01/08/2020 at 20:16, @owlstalk said:

Garry Monk inherited players - they're not his players

Garry Monk didn't get a pre-season with the full squad

Garry Monk didn't get his own management structure

What you've said above basically screams out that Garry Monk has been totally screwed over and should be given the three above things!

This 100%

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Most supporters know that it is highly likely that what we have seen under Monk will continue if he is kept on.

Lack of a way of playing. zero tactics, strange selections and substitutions, dreadful perfoprmnaces and even worse results.

He has to go to give us a fighting chance of survival.

978CC183-F318-46A9-B812-1B4AC18F1BE7.gif

Owlstalk Shop

On 01/08/2020 at 20:07, swinners said:

A new manager who is appointed early is, in my opinion, a must. 

Here's why I think it would work.  

A top manager (let's say Pearson) is needed to come in and recruit well.  How many times have we heard a manager say "this squad is inherited and they are not my players" early manger appointment would avoid this. 

How many times have we heard "I needed a pre-season with the full squad and then things will be better" Early recruitment is needed to avoid this. 

A new manager would get at least the first season as a virtual 'free hit'.  If we struggled or went down it would be that a 12 point (hopefully less on appeal) deduction was root cause and now the new manager has has a year with the squad it is time to build upon that.  If we come mid table or even (dare to think) do well and push for play offs the man would quickly become a legend.  

In my opinion a new manager would get this transfer window, the winter one and at least the next summer one to build his squad and this could bring us the success we need to build and go forward.   If Monk stays (again, in my opinion), recruitment wouldn't be of enough quality, tactics would be poor bringing around a sacking in November / December.  A new manager would then say "these aren't my players, we need time and of course a preseason with the squad to make this better". 

I believe that Chansiri needs to act just like if it was a business (a failing business with lots of vacancies need key and quality personal to get that business going again).  Our key personnel are obviously quality players, but the number one key personal is without a doubt the manager and we need a good one and fast. I don't subscribe to "we can't pull a decent manager" theme.  Money talks and one would come if the terms were right, especially if the above is right.. A free season to work with (hopefully a good one) and building opportunities to embed a playing philosophy (hopefully, free flowing and entertaining) knowing they had time on their side.  A perfect opportunity for a top, top manager.  

Come on Chansiri, make it so. 

any NEW manager coming in wouldn't have the knowledge that monk has picked up over the last season, so wouldn't know the clubs needs, or are we on here going to advise him?

the latter might be an ideal opportunity for those who didn't like his appointment to get in early with the back stabbing.