Why a new manager is a must and why that would work

7 hours ago, Manwë said:

Are you suggesting that a new manager would overrule Paxo?

That's not how it works.

What I am suggesting is that DC needs to make structural changes to the club whether he likes them or not.  Given that he is losing more and more support by the day.  

One way that would rectify that would be to bring a new manager in who will be in charge of transfers.  It would unite the fan base as well as show that DC is listening.  More control for the manager and better to have football people making the decisions where it matters. 

Or we can carry on as we were on the downward trajectory that we have witnessed this year and still feeling the brunt of and see how that unfolds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slinger208b said:

Who?

How do you know so much about a manager that hasn't been appointed?

Another example of taking a reply out of context by not reading the OP just to drive an agenda...

Disagreeing with you,isnt taking a post 'out of context' What about the context of 'failure' itself(in football?) Pearson,who many(including me) if Monk left,would be my obvious first choice for Wednesday manager...yet he was removed from Watford,and his Club were relegated..Failure?

Warnock too,(barely) able to keep Boro up,failure?..Boro dont think so,he remains... Eddie Howe at Bournemouth, took them through the divisions from obscurity,and in the premier League for 6 years..GONE....Failure?..The 'issues' at Wednesday(the main alleged ones...remain dont they?) Some of the alleged problems in the dressing room have now gone,the points deduction remains.as do the currrent 'advisors'../Club ownership.alleged 'issues' remain..FFP remains(though suspended i believe for this season,rolling 3 year program of 13 Million limit on loss remains)

accounts due & pending....and so on....Agenda? whats my agenda?...I just dont agree the manager is the issue,he needs a back room team,a pre season,& his own players....If he fails after that,than we would agree a change required.

I referenced multiple issues/reasons in my post,why i felt Monk hadnt 'failed'..how many have you responded & contradicted in your reply? refuted? and the same q back to you? How do YOU know so much,about a manager who hasnt been appointed?..

Edited by parajack

25 minutes ago, Ronio said:

What I am suggesting is that DC needs to make structural changes to the club whether he likes them or not.  Given that he is losing more and more support by the day.  

One way that would rectify that would be to bring a new manager in who will be in charge of transfers.  It would unite the fan base as well as show that DC is listening.  More control for the manager and better to have football people making the decisions where it matters. 

Or we can carry on as we were on the downward trajectory that we have witnessed this year and still feeling the brunt of and see how that unfolds.

Mate,cant you see how pointless it is repeating what 'DC' needs to do?.....We know what he needs to do,but he isnt allegedly showing any sign at all of doing it!!

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Mate,cant you see how pointless it is repeating what 'DC' needs to do?.....We know what he needs to do,but he isnt allegedly showing any sign at all of doing it!!

May be pointless in the grand scheme of things, but I will say it anyways.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ronio said:

May be pointless in the grand scheme of things, but I will say it anyways.  

Its fair enough mate,no ones opinion on here,is any more worthy than another...we are all just passionate Wednesdayites who care enough about our Club,to debate.Ive been right before,ive been wrong before...but I have always had my Clubs best interests at heart.

Lived down 'Sarf' when we had the great cup run with ARSEenal..whilst we were 3rd Division....In Germany for 2 years,used to follow the Owls anyway i could,and have the 'Star' sent over.......wearing our replica shirt,on nights out and playing 'footie'& generally ripping,& having the p*ss ripped out of me,by other squaddies,who had teams in higher divisions.

I was a SWFC supporter & i didnt give a flying f**K..WAWAW.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, swinners said:

A new manager who is appointed early is, in my opinion, a must. 

Here's why I think it would work.  

A top manager (let's say Pearson) is needed to come in and recruit well.  How many times have we heard a manager say "this squad is inherited and they are not my players" early manger appointment would avoid this. 

How many times have we heard "I needed a pre-season with the full squad and then things will be better" Early recruitment is needed to avoid this. 

A new manager would get at least the first season as a virtual 'free hit'.  If we struggled or went down it would be that a 12 point (hopefully less on appeal) deduction was root cause and now the new manager has has a year with the squad it is time to build upon that.  If we come mid table or even (dare to think) do well and push for play offs the man would quickly become a legend.  

In my opinion a new manager would get this transfer window, the winter one and at least the next summer one to build his squad and this could bring us the success we need to build and go forward.   If Monk stays (again, in my opinion), recruitment wouldn't be of enough quality, tactics would be poor bringing around a sacking in November / December.  A new manager would then say "these aren't my players, we need time and of course a preseason with the squad to make this better". 

I believe that Chansiri needs to act just like if it was a business (a failing business with lots of vacancies need key and quality personal to get that business going again).  Our key personnel are obviously quality players, but the number one key personal is without a doubt the manager and we need a good one and fast. I don't subscribe to "we can't pull a decent manager" theme.  Money talks and one would come if the terms were right, especially if the above is right.. A free season to work with (hopefully a good one) and building opportunities to embed a playing philosophy (hopefully, free flowing and entertaining) knowing they had time on their side.  A perfect opportunity for a top, top manager.  

Come on Chansiri, make it so. 

In a word, rounduns.

If we get a new manager/  coach, they will need time to ajudge the players here and decide where and who we need to enlist.

And if you think just 2-3 windows will achieve the necessary improvement's, then I am sorry, but you are very much wrong.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, parajack said:

Disagreeing with you,isnt taking a post 'out of context' What about the context of 'failure' itself(in football?) Pearson,who many(including me) if Monk left,would be my obvious first choice for Wednesday manager...yet he was removed from Watford,and his Club were relegated..Failure?

Warnock too,(barely) able to keep Boro up,failure?..Boro dont think so,he remains... Eddie Howe at Bournemouth, took them through the divisions from obscurity,and in the premier League for 6 years..GONE....Failure?..The 'issues' at Wednesday(the main alleged ones...remain dont they?) Some of the alleged problems in the dressing room have now gone,the points deduction remains.as do the currrent 'advisors'../Club ownership.alleged 'issues' remain..FFP remains(though suspended i believe for this season,rolling 3 year program of 13 Million limit on loss remains)

accounts due & pending....and so on....Agenda? whats my agenda?...I just dont agree the manager is the issue,he needs a back room team,a pre season,& his own players....If he fails after that,than we would agree a change required.

I referenced multiple issues/reasons in my post,why i felt Monk hadnt 'failed'..how many have you responded & contradicted in your reply? refuted? and the same q back to you? How do YOU know so much,about a manager who hasnt been appointed?..

I wasn't talking about Monk.

You were disagreeing with something I didn't say because you didn't read what I was replying to, so took my comment out of context...

Edited by slinger208b

21 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

I wasn't talking about Monk.

You were disagreeing with something I didn't say because you didn't read what I was replying to, so took my comment out of context...

Well ime happy to apoligise if ime wrong but heres what you replied to:

Quote:  

If we struggled or went down it would be that a 12 point (hopefully less on appeal) deduction was root cause

Your reply@:Or it would disguise the fact the manager has failed...

Where in that have i misunderstood your reply to the original post,as an alleged implied critique of our manager? Post you replied to,said a points deduction would be the cause of any relegation,you replied  'or it would disguise the fact the manager had failed'....but you wernt referring to Monk? Who were you referring to than mate?...

20 hours ago, swinners said:

A new manager who is appointed early is, in my opinion, a must. 

Here's why I think it would work.  

A top manager (let's say Pearson) is needed to come in and recruit well.  How many times have we heard a manager say "this squad is inherited and they are not my players" early manger appointment would avoid this. 

How many times have we heard "I needed a pre-season with the full squad and then things will be better" Early recruitment is needed to avoid this. 

A new manager would get at least the first season as a virtual 'free hit'.  If we struggled or went down it would be that a 12 point (hopefully less on appeal) deduction was root cause and now the new manager has has a year with the squad it is time to build upon that.  If we come mid table or even (dare to think) do well and push for play offs the man would quickly become a legend.  

In my opinion a new manager would get this transfer window, the winter one and at least the next summer one to build his squad and this could bring us the success we need to build and go forward.   If Monk stays (again, in my opinion), recruitment wouldn't be of enough quality, tactics would be poor bringing around a sacking in November / December.  A new manager would then say "these aren't my players, we need time and of course a preseason with the squad to make this better". 

I believe that Chansiri needs to act just like if it was a business (a failing business with lots of vacancies need key and quality personal to get that business going again).  Our key personnel are obviously quality players, but the number one key personal is without a doubt the manager and we need a good one and fast. I don't subscribe to "we can't pull a decent manager" theme.  Money talks and one would come if the terms were right, especially if the above is right.. A free season to work with (hopefully a good one) and building opportunities to embed a playing philosophy (hopefully, free flowing and entertaining) knowing they had time on their side.  A perfect opportunity for a top, top manager.  

Come on Chansiri, make it so. 

I was replying to this, countering that instead of the 12 point deduction being the root cause of struggling or going down it might just be the new manager has failed and this would be disguised.

28 minutes ago, parajack said:

Well ime happy to apoligise if ime wrong but heres what you replied to:

Quote:  

If we struggled or went down it would be that a 12 point (hopefully less on appeal) deduction was root cause

Your reply@:Or it would disguise the fact the manager has failed...

Where in that have i misunderstood your reply to the original post,as an alleged implied critique of our manager? Post you replied to,said a points deduction would be the cause of any relegation,you replied  'or it would disguise the fact the manager had failed'....but you wernt referring to Monk? Who were you referring to than mate?...

You replied to my comment by referring to Monk...

Edited by slinger208b

The most important thing right now is who is choosing players coming in. Monk should have gone already if we could get any decent manager he has to go but probably will now mess everything  up as getting in quality manager and players going to be tough. Might yet appeal the decision.....

Why do people think a new manager needs to come in to sign the players? It seems most clubs now have a recruitment department that is above the manager. The manager is consulted but he doesn't sign the players. 

To be honest the signings since Downes and Hughes have come in have been decent on the whole.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

Why do people think a new manager needs to come in to sign the players? It seems most clubs now have a recruitment department that is above the manager. The manager is consulted but he doesn't sign the players. 

To be honest the signings since Downes and Hughes have come in have been decent on the whole.

You are right. So any manager who fails can use the excuse they are not my players.

27 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

I was replying to this, countering that instead of the 12 point deduction being the root cause of struggling or going down it might just be the new manager has failed and this would be disguised.

You replied to my comment by referring to Monk...

And?  who were you referring to in yours?

• Haha 1