Why a new manager is a must and why that would work

6 minutes ago, swinners said:

A new manager who is appointed early is, in my opinion, a must. 

Here's why I think it would work.  

A top manager (let's say Pearson) is needed to come in and recruit well.  How many times have we heard a manager say "this squad is inherited and they are not my players" early manger appointment would avoid this. 

How many times have we heard "I needed a pre-season with the full squad and then things will be better" Early recruitment is needed to avoid this. 

A new manager would get at least the first season as a virtual 'free hit'.  If we struggled or went down it would be that a 12 point (hopefully less on appeal) deduction was root cause and now the new manager has has a year with the squad it is time to build upon that.  If we come mid table or even (dare to think) do well and push for play offs the man would quickly become a legend.  

In my opinion a new manager would get this transfer window, the winter one and at least the next summer one to build his squad and this could bring us the success we need to build and go forward.   If Monk stays (again, in my opinion), recruitment wouldn't be of enough quality, tactics would be poor bringing around a sacking in November / December.  A new manager would then say "these aren't my players, we need time and of course a preseason with the squad to make this better". 

I believe that Chansiri needs to act just like if it was a business (a failing business with lots of vacancies need key and quality personal to get that business going again).  Our key personnel are obviously quality players, but the number one key personal is without a doubt the manager and we need a good one and fast. I don't subscribe to "we can't pull a decent manager" theme.  Money talks and one would come if the terms were right, especially if the above is right.. A free season to work with (hopefully a good one) and building opportunities to embed a playing philosophy (hopefully, free flowing and entertaining) knowing they had time on their side.  A perfect opportunity for a top, top manager.  

Come on Chansiri, make it so. 

images.jpeg-6.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

A new manager is a must.

In the future we will look back at this moment and think there was a golden chance to change the direction the club is heading in.

Nothing will change, sadly.  

And to add, a chairman who genuinely can't understand why fans won't pay top dollar to watch utter dross still amazes him. He needs to learn we are a working-class city with in the main working-class folk. However, the fact he appears to want to do it his way imho shows very little inkling for change. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Garry Monk inherited players - they're not his players

Garry Monk didn't get a pre-season with the full squad

Garry Monk didn't get his own management structure

What you've said above basically screams out that Garry Monk has been totally screwed over and should be given the three above points!

He’d take 3 points from anywhere. Above or below. 

• Haha 1

Starting next season on -12 points will put off any established Championship manager from considering the Wednesday manager job.

We’re a poisoned chalice right now.  We need to get this idea that decent coaches are queuing up to manage us, out of our heads.

Even if Garry Monk resigns tomorrow (hardly impossible, Monk might want to avoid having a relegation on his CV), the likes of Paul Cook, Danny Crowley, Nigel Pearson, Pep Clotet, Mick McCarthy, Lee Johnson, Tony Pulis, etc will not want to touch us for the foreseeable future.

Dark days for us right now.

Edited by Westfield Owl
  • Like 3

Guest Jack the Hat

A new manager such as Pearson would be awesome, but it’s not gonna happen. We are just gonna have to hope Monk is better than we all think.

21 minutes ago, swinners said:

A new manager who is appointed early is, in my opinion, a must. 

Here's why I think it would work.  

A top manager (let's say Pearson) is needed to come in and recruit well.  How many times have we heard a manager say "this squad is inherited and they are not my players" early manger appointment would avoid this. 

How many times have we heard "I needed a pre-season with the full squad and then things will be better" Early recruitment is needed to avoid this. 

A new manager would get at least the first season as a virtual 'free hit'.  If we struggled or went down it would be that a 12 point (hopefully less on appeal) deduction was root cause and now the new manager has has a year with the squad it is time to build upon that.  If we come mid table or even (dare to think) do well and push for play offs the man would quickly become a legend.  

In my opinion a new manager would get this transfer window, the winter one and at least the next summer one to build his squad and this could bring us the success we need to build and go forward.   If Monk stays (again, in my opinion), recruitment wouldn't be of enough quality, tactics would be poor bringing around a sacking in November / December.  A new manager would then say "these aren't my players, we need time and of course a preseason with the squad to make this better". 

I believe that Chansiri needs to act just like if it was a business (a failing business with lots of vacancies need key and quality personal to get that business going again).  Our key personnel are obviously quality players, but the number one key personal is without a doubt the manager and we need a good one and fast. I don't subscribe to "we can't pull a decent manager" theme.  Money talks and one would come if the terms were right, especially if the above is right.. A free season to work with (hopefully a good one) and building opportunities to embed a playing philosophy (hopefully, free flowing and entertaining) knowing they had time on their side.  A perfect opportunity for a top, top manager.  

Come on Chansiri, make it so. 

Before i answer you,show me your posts from Xmas or before,where you thought we didnt have a 'decent manager'? Why WHY  can you not see the problems at S6 allegedly lay 4square with the Players & elsewhere...NOT the incumbent Manager....what you havnt mentioned is we could face a Rotherham type situation where you recruit a Manager in good faith,and than for whatever reason they leave without finishing the job....

OH hang on a minute.......what was the blokes name again who came here? I just cant remember his name....Truce or somethting,with 'Right said Fred' as his assistants...?he only stayed 2 minutes so i dont suppose that counts?...

• Like 2

Guest Jack the Hat
1 minute ago, Westfield Owl said:

Starting next season on -12 points will put off any established Championship manager from considering the Wednesday manager job.

We’re a poisoned chalice right now.  We need to get this idea that top managers are queuing up to manage us, out of our heads.

Even if Garry Monk resigns tomorrow (hardly impossible, Monk might want to avoid having a relegation on his CV), the likes of Paul Cook, Danny Crowley, Nigel Pearson, Pep Clotet, Mick McCarthy, Lee Johnson, Tony Pulis, etc will not want to touch us for the foreseeable future.

Dark days for us right now.

This I don’t agree with at all. Hopefully Chansiris purse strings are now unlocked and we are still massive. Way, way too negative stuff like this.

Bloody hell how many more times is this idea going to do the rounds? We are what we are, and we are where we are, new manager (if we could get one) will not change anything. We stick with what we've got and hopefully build enough to fight our way past the -12. The good times will come back but not anytime soon. There's no easy fix and we may have more pain than joy in the next few seasons but, we are Wednesday and that's still a great thing to be. I love Wednesday and always will, come on you shandy drinking snowflakes get behind this car crash great club of ours. WAWAW!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

This I don’t agree with at all. Hopefully Chansiris purse strings are now unlocked and we are still massive. Way, way too negative stuff like this.

Agree?  your prerogative,but if you imagine massive pots of money,perhaps you would tell me where from?we are still paying out big money to Rhodes & Westwood in wages,(1.5,-2 Million a Year,between the two?..ish?) we are still bound by FFP rules on a rolling 3 Year average(accounts anyone?)..we have no ground to sell(gone) no significant Player assets to sell,& no new sponsorship deals that I am currently aware of.

On top of that (as we saw at snooker) we COULD  be faced with a continuing supporter ban,as it is only 25% of capacity will be allowed,and thats in October,not September.(1 months reciepts gone,before we even start)

Lets have some realism now,

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

I’m not being negative on purpose.  It’s just an honest appraisal of where we are.

Any manager worth their salt will be eyeing up the Bristol City or Watford jobs.

What have SWFC got to offer a potential manager candidate that those clubs can’t?

I'd favour a new manager as Monk hasn't convinced me of his abilities, and has significantly underperformed with the squad he had.

But, whoever the manager is, there has to be a proper infrastructure and plan in place for the manager to succeed. And that plan has to be robust enough to withstand first team managerial change, which in modern day football is the norm - sadly.