Iorfa has been amongst our better players this season and last season. I see him as a huge part of the squad rebuild.

He and Borner need to be the CB pairing. I’m old enough to remember when those two were the CB first picks and we had the third best defence in the league for months. It all went to the dogs when Lee’s came back in and there was constant CB rotation.

Borner is a good CB, and can recover from his bad form in future games. Lees, while he has been good previously and I have respect for what’s he’s done here, looks completely shot and needs to be moved on

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

For you to praise a Wednesday player he would have to be better than Messi by a factor of ten.

Up to Christmas couldn't fault him 

Part of defence that has shipped 5 goals twice and average of 3 on a few occasions 

Not gonna praise that am I 

Dom is 25 in a month. He has the potential to be an unreal CB. 

Strengths:- 15 foot tall, 9 foot long legs, rediculous speed, huge stride, brilliant engine, gives his all, loves bringing the ball out, eye for a goal. 

Weaknesses:- dreadful control, dodgy positional sense.

These two weaknesses can easily be worked on. Those strengths are enormous and priceless. 

I’d love to see Dom given another season. His value soared up to Christmas but plummeted thereafter. Now is not the moment to sell this prize asset. 

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Strengths:- 15 foot tall, 9 foot long legs, rediculous speed, huge stride, brilliant engine, gives his all, loves bringing the ball out, eye for a goal. 

These two weaknesses can easily be worked on. Those strengths are enormous and priceless. 

I’d love to see Dom given another season. His value soared up to Christmas but plummeted thereafter. Now is not the moment to sell this prize asset. 

Some very good points.

I can't think of many central defenders who have the attributes you mention in such abundance.

Plenty of fast ones, plenty of strong and tall. But usually they don't have both.

Dom is a really unique player who has serious potential.

I'm just not sure we have the coaches to get the best out of him.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I disagree with you here. If they can easily be worked on why is he nearly 25 and still has them. At the level he’s playing they aren’t easy to work on which has to be why Wolves him go. He’s a decent player but let’s not build him up to be something he’s not. He’d probably work well with a Loovens type player alongside him organising him and pulling him into position at times.

8 hours ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Iorfa has been amongst our better players this season and last season. I see him as a huge part of the squad rebuild.

He and Borner need to be the CB pairing. I’m old enough to remember when those two were the CB first picks and we had the third best defence in the league for months. It all went to the dogs when Lee’s came back in and there was constant CB rotation.

Borner is a good CB, and can recover from his bad form in future games. Lees, while he has been good previously and I have respect for what’s he’s done here, looks completely shot and needs to be moved on

Myth. 

Prior to being 3rd at Christmas Julian Borner started 2 games out of 8, both defeats at WBA and Blackburn. The previous 4 wins before Christmas all had Lees and Iorfa as CB.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trev said:

Some very good points.

I can't think of many central defenders who have the attributes you mention in such abundance.

Plenty of fast ones, plenty of strong and tall. But usually they don't have both.

Dom is a really unique player who has serious potential.

I'm just not sure we have the coaches to get the best out of him.

Monk and Bullen are career CBs so if they can’t then maybe Iorfa has found his level.

2 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

I disagree with you here. If they can easily be worked on why is he nearly 25 and still has them. At the level he’s playing they aren’t easy to work on which has to be why Wolves him go. He’s a decent player but let’s not build him up to be something he’s not. He’d probably work well with a Loovens type player alongside him organising him and pulling him into position at times.

I agree that next to a Loovens type, with a Westwood type behind them, Iorfa would prosper. 

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

Myth. 

Prior to being 3rd at Christmas Julian Borner started 2 games out of 8, both defeats at WBA and Blackburn. The previous 4 wins before Christmas all had Lees and Iorfa as CB.

Totally agree with you.

I pointed this out at the time but so many fans were proclaiming Borner to be a God and Lees to be ready for the scrap heap.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, Swiss Toni said:

Monk and Bullen are career CBs so if they can’t then maybe Iorfa has found his level.

Just because they have played most of their career as centre backs does not necessarily mean they are good coaches. Monk is failing to get the best out of a lot of the players and many posters think Bullen is also part of the long standing issues at Hillsborough. 

Guest LittleG

Although his form dipped after Xmas ( like the majority of the players), Iorfa for the most part had been a beacon of hope this year. Get some proper coaches in and he'll be a great asset going forward. One we need to keep.

24 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Just because they have played most of their career as centre backs does not necessarily mean they are good coaches. Monk is failing to get the best out of a lot of the players and many posters think Bullen is also part of the long standing issues at Hillsborough. 

I’m not his biggest fan but in all fairness Monk hasn’t been able to use his usual coaching staff. Both he and Bullen will have been in defensive scenario training more than anyone else so best suited to coach our CBs.

Iorfa is poor in the air.

Misjudges the flight all the time and rarely gets any distance on the header. 

Good defender outside the box with his pace but his weakness in the air is a problem when sides put balls into our box

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Totally agree with you.

I pointed this out at the time but so many fans were proclaiming Borner to be a God and Lees to be ready for the scrap heap.

Borner for me has been average. I’ve seen many people seem to incorporate our downturn of form with Tom Lees coming into the team, which isn’t true.

20 hours ago, trev said:

So what we thinking for a fee worth selling for?

North of 5 mill? 10?

It's a tricky one as he could be great. But we've been here before and not sold at the right time.

Was he nearly out of contract at Wolves? If not and he's worth anything like that then that's one of the all time misjudgements.

lol

9 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Was he nearly out of contract at Wolves? If not and he's worth anything like that then that's one of the all time misjudgements.

lol

No idea tbh.

I would be disappointed if we sold him for less than 5 million though.

Although as others have mentioned, transfer costs are about to change dramatically.

On 09/05/2020 at 18:28, trev said:

One of the few shining lights of this season. Been awesome at times (and equally terrible at other times) and at one point was apparently attracting prem interest.

Do we think he could leave this summer to try and balance the books a bit and if so how much could we/should we ask for/get?

I really like Iorfa. Thankfully his terrible games is pretty few and far between. 

He's certainly one I think who could play higher. 

10 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

Couple of points. 

The level of player you are doesn't have a huge Influence on your coaching ability imo. It may gain respect for what you're saying but doesn't mean you're a good coach. 

Secondly, if you disagree with the above. Did you ever see Bullen play? He made Dean Smith look cultured