6 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Couple of points. 

The level of player you are doesn't have a huge Influence on your coaching ability imo. It may gain respect for what you're saying but doesn't mean you're a good coach. 

Secondly, if you disagree with the above. Did you ever see Bullen play? He made Dean Smith look cultured

Fact is they would both have still been in FAR more defensive coaching scenarios in training over the years so are better placed to coach Iorfa than some others. Not saying they are the best options but the best we have.

Personally I'd wait til he hits some form and cash in. He's good enough to fetch 5-6mill plus add ons and could be replaced, he's not vital to us. 

We need to learn to do this better, same as imo we should have cashed in on FF, Bannan, Reach when we had good offers on the table for them

22 hours ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Iorfa has been amongst our better players this season and last season. I see him as a huge part of the squad rebuild.

He and Borner need to be the CB pairing. I’m old enough to remember when those two were the CB first picks and we had the third best defence in the league for months. It all went to the dogs when Lee’s came back in and there was constant CB rotation.

Borner is a good CB, and can recover from his bad form in future games. Lees, while he has been good previously and I have respect for what’s he’s done here, looks completely shot and needs to be moved on

If we had any brains 3 CBs next year would be Hutchinson Iorfa and Borner 

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Has the attributes to be a premier league player.

Needs to add consistency to his game and to be fair did well, bar a handful of games. Looked the real deal since moving to CB. 

A steal for what we paid for him. 

What? with his heading ability. You're kidding yourself that a PL team would even look at him.

2 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

I would envisage he'd done the groundwork behind the deal before he left.

His team might well have done, the likes of Dean Hughes and David Downes. Bruce himself was probably already in Newcastle before any bid was made.

9 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

What? with his heading ability. You're kidding yourself that a PL team would even look at him.

He’s not great in the air, reminds me a bit of Carlton Palmer back in the day, who was a fairly effective top flight centre back when used there Maybe Iorfa, like Carlton, can switch to midfield

If we got a decent offer I would sell him. We never sell when the offer is at it's highest.

I like him but he isn't indispensable. He is brilliant some weeks and then awful others which isn't great for that position when you are looking for steady consistency throughout, 

10 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

Disagree, attributes like pace, power as well as being a big unit are the attractive elements for PL clubs. Technique can be coached. Still only 24. 

Dont think he'd be on the radar yet, but after another good (full) season? 

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

He’s not great in the air, reminds me a bit of Carlton Palmer back in the day, who was a fairly effective top flight centre back when used there Maybe Iorfa, like Carlton, can switch to midfield

He's not good enough on the ball to play midfield IMO. He looks like with a good CB next to him he could become a top player in that position (my choice would be Hutchinson) possibly in the prem.