New member, first post

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Hi everyone, after many years as a viewer of the forum, I've decided to join in the fun 😏. In fact I've been trying to register for about 18 months but the computer kept saying no. In the end I had to join Facebook to do it that way which is a pain.

Re my username. Tommy Crawshaw as most of you will know was a Wednesday legend, playing over 400 games for the club between 1894 and 1908. He played in our first FA Cup final winning team in 1896 and captained the team to win the Cup for a second time in 1907. In between he captained Wednesday when winning consecutive League championship titles in 1902-03 and 1903-04. He was a local lad from the Park area and along with players like Ambrose Langley played a great part in that successful early era of the club.

Since choosing the username I've become aware that Tommy's great grandson also called Tommy is alive and well. I'm not sure is he frequents this forum but if obviously if he isn't happy with me using the name I will change it.

As a long time viewer, I feel I know a lot of you well already so go easy on me to start with ☺️.

Anyway I'm off now to learn how to those Sid James and Blakey face thingies. Cheers

Welcome to the madness. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Hi everyone, after many years as a viewer of the forum, I've decided to join in the fun 😏. In fact I've been trying to register for about 18 months but the computer kept saying no. In the end I had to join Facebook to do it that way which is a pain.

Re my username. Tommy Crawshaw as most of you will know was a Wednesday legend, playing over 400 games for the club between 1894 and 1908. He played in our first FA Cup final winning team in 1896 and captained the team to win the Cup for a second time in 1907. In between he captained Wednesday when winning consecutive League championship titles in 1902-03 and 1903-04. He was a local lad from the Park area and along with players like Ambrose Langley played a great part in that successful early era of the club.

Since choosing the username I've become aware that Tommy's great grandson also called Tommy is alive and well. I'm not sure is he frequents this forum but if obviously if he isn't happy with me using the name I will change it.

As a long time viewer, I feel I know a lot of you well already so go easy on me to start with ☺️.

Anyway I'm off now to learn how to those Sid James and Blakey face thingies. Cheers

Welcome to the site mate and thanks for joining this nutty forum

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just a brief resume of my history of following the Owls. First game dad (who funnily enough was a Blade) took me to as a nipper was in 1970 (relegation season). Started going regularly in the early/mid 70's when old enough to go on my own. So my early years were pretty dismal times until resurgence when Big Jack, Wlko then Big Ron came along. Had many season tickets over the years but not in recent times as work hasn't allowed.

Still get to games when I can POTD but I'm afraid won't be a season ticket holder again until I retire.

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Just a brief resume of my history of following the Owls. First game dad (who funnily enough was a Blade) took me to as a nipper was in 1970 (relegation season). Started going regularly in the early/mid 70's when old enough to go on my own. So my early years were pretty dismal times until resurgence when Big Jack, Wlko then Big Ron came along. Had many season tickets over the years but not in recent times as work hasn't allowed.

Still get to games when I can POTD but I'm afraid won't be a season ticket holder again until I retire.

I bet going from rubbish to Big Jack's wonderstuff was fantastic

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I bet going from rubbish to Big Jack's wonderstuff was fantastic

Ha Ha, well after the hellish days of the mid 70's when we were truly crap and almost folded it was certainly welcome believe me, most thought he was our saviour.

To all our new members:

Go to the main page of Owlstalk and scroll down to these sections

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/forum/75-non-sheffield-wednesday-forums/

When logged in you will see a load more forums that are hidden to readers who aren't logged in.

Thousands if not millions more posts on all kinds of things and a massive bonus for those who have joined the site and logged in!

Enjoy!

Owlstalk Shop