Fans intelligence

10 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Absolute crape if you play well against a good team you can still get hammered. If you don’t turn up, anything will beat you and that is where we are. We are not turning up for games. 

I for one am totally frustrated how often we play crape lol

1 hour ago, Pale Rider said:

For many years I have questioned the ability of football fans to judge reality. People who are highly intelligent people with bags of common sense, seem to lose it all when thinking about their football team. 

Recently we have beat Charlton, the worst team I can recall visiting Hillsborough in many years. Yet many fans couldn’t see that and thought it was the road to recovery.

We only lost by one to City, some fans applauded, even though City were clueless by their standards. 

Why can’t fans judge their own teams performances by the level of the oppositions level of performance? 

Brentford fans sang “ you’re not fit to wear the shirt” which suggests even on a good day for them, they still could see our players hadn’t turned up. 

Which do you think has the most intelligent fans regarding reading a game. 

I think they’re being generous, how many fans are highly intelligent with common sense. 

A lot of people on here are on similar wavelengths in terms of opinions with slight variations on a theme. Every now and again though you get a totally left field poster and think that’s what the OP is referring to?

Take the Charlton and City games for example. We beat a really poor Charlton side in injury time and lost to City by putting everyone behind the ball and creating no goal threat at the other end. Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge knows it’s FAR easier to set up defensively than it is to try and break down the opponent so the enthusiasm felt from both games was a little misguided.

A team like City are set up to kill you on a counter when you try and attack and we tried to nullify that completely. Brentford are a lovely footballing side and play a similar way to City in terms of attacking but in the Championship and as soon as we tried to open up we got mullered.

We did have a togetherness against City but all that was again lost within the next 90 mins. I’m at a loss to know how we can recover this season.

43 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

A lot of people on here are on similar wavelengths in terms of opinions with slight variations on a theme. Every now and again though you get a totally left field poster and think that’s what the OP is referring to?

Take the Charlton and City games for example. We beat a really poor Charlton side in injury time and lost to City by putting everyone behind the ball and creating no goal threat at the other end. Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge knows it’s FAR easier to set up defensively than it is to try and break down the opponent so the enthusiasm felt from both games was a little misguided.

A team like City are set up to kill you on a counter when you try and attack and we tried to nullify that completely. Brentford are a lovely footballing side and play a similar way to City in terms of attacking but in the Championship and as soon as we tried to open up we got mullered.

We did have a togetherness against City but all that was again lost within the next 90 mins. I’m at a loss to know how we can recover this season.

There was a bit of togetherness back, I really thought we'd come back to league stronger, but unfortunately Brentford not the best team to play at the minute (although I am not sure who I do fancy our chances against right now!)