How good was Trevor Matthewson’s perm?

10 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Whilst we have random threads about random players. Let’s cast our kind back to Trevor Mathewson and his perm hair do.

What are your memories of this, and should our current team honour this and all have one? I think it would suit Bannan.

Think Mark Smiths was better tbf

59 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

Trev's my brother in law. You lot better be careful here :ph34r:

Just honouring his perm. I bet he’d love this thread 😀

Oh ask him about the question and answer piece he did in a program from the 1981/82 season. Every game they would ask a player various questions- fave meal/ fave band etc.

I always remember when it came to dislikes, he answered - cheeky kids 😂 

Edited by sexpistol

8 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Just honouring his perm. I bet he’d love this thread 😀

Oh ask him about the question and answer piece he did in a program from the 1981/82 season. Every game they would ask a player various questions- fave meal/ fave band etc.

I always remember when it came to dislikes, he answered - cheeky kids 😂 

'll let him know about the thread mate. Im sure he will be pleased some remember him.

Always remember him making his debut under Big Jack against QPR in 91 and Simon Stainrod running us ragged , scoring a hat trick. Wasn't the best start for him. :biggrin:

27 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

'll let him know about the thread mate. Im sure he will be pleased some remember him.

Always remember him making his debut under Big Jack against QPR in 91 and Simon Stainrod running us ragged , scoring a hat trick. Wasn't the best start for him. :biggrin:

I was at that QPR game. I think he played once the season before. I remember him playing against Southend in one of those cup replays in 1983 and that piece in the program I mentioned.

Ive checked and he played 5 times for us.

8 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I was at that QPR game. I think he played once the season before. I remember him playing against Southend in one of those cup replays in 1983 and that piece in the program I mentioned.

Ive checked and he played 5 times for us.

Moved around a bit after leaving us. I have a couple of colleagues who are Brum fans and he's remembered quite fondly down there.

18 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I thought I knew my Wednesday stuff but I've never heard of him.

With us early 80's mate. Came through the academy with the likes of Mel Sterland, Mark Smith and Charlie Williamson.

Edited by Justbeanz