How good was Trevor Matthewson’s perm?

12 hours ago, sexpistol said:

2nd cousin and his brother in law on this thread. I’m just waiting for Trevor himself to appear now.  

More chance of seeing Trevor walking his dog in the rivelin area.

A mathewson (Dot??) worked also in the laundry room or similar at the club for years.

Dave 'Cyril' Cusack had a bloody big perm too.

On 26/02/2020 at 18:09, sexpistol said:

Just honouring his perm. I bet he’d love this thread 😀

Oh ask him about the question and answer piece he did in a program from the 1981/82 season. Every game they would ask a player various questions- fave meal/ fave band etc.

I always remember when it came to dislikes, he answered - cheeky kids 😂 

On 27/02/2020 at 12:25, alanharper said:

I may well have that programme, I'll try and dig it out and upload a photo if I get time. I remember once they'd got through the main squad players for those pieces, towards the end of the season they'd have to move on to the reserve and youth players. For some reason I remember Richard Beaumont having one, although I don't think he ever actually made a first team appearance.

Here you go, it was from the programme for the Easter Monday 1982 game against Newcastle. 

Sadly the accompanying colour photo is missing, I used to cut those out and stick them on my bedroom wall. God imagine that, having Trevor Matthewson (2 first team appearances at that point, both defeats) with his dodgy perm on your bedroom wall! In my defence I was only 9 and those were the only colour photos of Wednesday players you could get unless you bought them from the club shop. I also found the programme for the Bolton game previously mentioned with Richard Beaumont - his photo was still in there, obviously deemed not worthy of my wall!

20200228_173853.thumb.jpg.0531aca7f2bc9c4ed4e0bd65a4110717.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

More chance of seeing Trevor walking his dog in the rivelin area.

A mathewson (Dot??) worked also in the laundry room or similar at the club for years.

Dave 'Cyril' Cusack had a bloody big perm too.

The laundry lady was Dot Mathieson.

She lived on one of the roads off Penistone Road (the houses are no longer there). There were quite a few of the players who used to lodge with her.