Westwood/Dawson sums up Monk

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

24 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

So Westwood drops a couple of balls vs Swansea and gets dropped for his mistakes and is replaced by Dawson

Fair enough you might say (although personally I’d forgive someone the odd mistake who has been our best value and most reliable player over the duration of his time here)

Dawson drops absolute howlers vs QPR, Barnsley and Luton and continues to be out of form and have the kicking ability of a small girl

Also seen laughing and joking with the Luton crowd when they were mugging him off nicking the ball and then laughing and joking with the Luton players at full time and let’s not forget what he stood and allowed to happen with that free kick at Cardiff (my point being he’s far far too nice to be a top player you need to have an edge to you and be a horrible bar steward when needed)

Yet Monk doesn’t drop him and replace him like he did immediately with Westwood

Wheres the consistency from Monk? 
And for that simple reason alone is why I’d say he’s got no respect and probably lost the players respect and I’m done with him

The fact that I have serious wood for Westwood and think he’s our most important player (or on par with the Fletcher of this season) is merely an aside....

Oh dear. 

It’s nothing to do with form.

Read between the lines.

Any self respecting manager (even Monk) has to have control and cannot have players that don’t toe the line.

Its basic common sense. 

We have a group of players that are too comfortable and had a nice easy ride for far too long whilst failing to produce time and time again. 

Let’s clear out the deadwood, trouble makers, etc and bring in well researched hungry players that will run through brick walls for each other and the club. 

Sadly, Wilder has proved that you need character and togetherness as much as talent. 

Whether Monk is here or not, no manager will succeed with this group. Their mindset, desire and attitude is just not good enough. 

Edited by RichSheffWeds

Reading - Sent off

Millwall - fault for goal
Fulham - fault for goal

Swansea - fault for 2 goals 

Blackburn - fault for goal

West Brom - gives away pen

In 14 appearances this season. Hopefully our supporters one day realise players don’t get better going into their mid 30’s. 

Edited by 0114
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, KernowOwl said:

What’s with all this laughing talk, managers laughing, players laughing, it doesn’t mean they’re not as disappointed as the fans after a lost. It could mean unlike some fans they understand it’s just a game of football. Let’s not forget Luton wanted to win as well. 

He had to jump into the crowd to get the ball from some d1ckhead fans - at which point some 'hard Dads' were jumping up and pointing in his face. He managed the situation well in laughing (at) with them.

Why is it a lot of prem teams have big stars but the decent managers seem to be able to handle these personalities...

Westie has been at this club for many years.  What happened last year with dros, he dropped Westie for Dawson and got sacked because of poor performances, income Westie and we have decent form...  This year we had decent form at the start of the season with Westie in goal, he gets swapped out for Dawson and we have an appalling run again.  Dawson I think is a good keeper but he is way too prone to mistakes and does not command the defence enough for my liking, plus his kicking is worse than average.  He would make a solid league one keeper, if he were as good as some people think on here other clubs would be trying to tempt him away.

I feel sorry for Wildsmith, he had a run in the team, seemed to do nothing much too wrong but even with Westie and Dawson on poor form still cant get a look in..

2 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

And your primary evidence as proof of this is?

Reda, Westwood and Hutchinson both have proven ability but it has become apparent that they are not the best dressing room influences. It's not just Monk that's come to this conclusion. Do you not think they would be the first names on the team sheet if their professionalism was not in question ?

14 minutes ago, Lunny1968 said:

Westwood has made many more mistakes than Swansea.  Sent off at Reading, lost us the games at Millwall and West Brom.  Dawson has a long way to go before he matches that level of ineptitude and we have not even got on to his injury record.  Like it or not Dawson is the future.  Get off his back and get behind him.

Injuries really ? How many times do you honestly believe Westwood has been genuinely injured ? I reckon it’s a hell of a lot less than has been reported 

2 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Why is it a lot of prem teams have big stars but the decent managers seem to be able to handle these personalities...

Westie has been at this club for many years.  What happened last year with dros, he dropped Westie for Dawson and got sacked because of poor performances, income Westie and we have decent form...  This year we had decent form at the start of the season with Westie in goal, he gets swapped out for Dawson and we have an appalling run again.  Dawson I think is a good keeper but he is way too prone to mistakes and does not command the defence enough for my liking, plus his kicking is worse than average.  He would make a solid league one keeper, if he were as good as some people think on here other clubs would be trying to tempt him away.

I feel sorry for Wildsmith, he had a run in the team, seemed to do nothing much too wrong but even with Westie and Dawson on poor form still cant get a look in..

Who are these problem players with great managers that can handle them? 

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
5 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Oh dear. 

It’s nothing to do with form.

Read between the lines.

Any self respecting manager (even Monk) has to have control and cannot have players that don’t toe the line.

Its basic common sense. 

We have a group of players that are too comfortable and had a nice easy ride for far too long whilst failing to produce time and time again. 

Let’s clear out the deadwood, trouble makers, etc and bring in well researched hungry players that will run through brick walls for each other and the club. 

Sadly, Wilder has proved that you need character and togetherness as much as talent. 

Whether Monk is here or not, no manager will succeed with this group. Their mindset, desire and attitude is just not good enough. 

And your primary evidence that confirms Westwood is not towing the line is?

Well researched hungary players like Windass and Da Cruz who are weaker than the players they’ve replaced you mean?

4 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

What are you on about ??  Give the posts that list all Westwood’s errors this season before he was dropped a read , he was horrendous and deserved to be dropped 

from that, he’s spat the dummy out claimed to injured and doesn’t wanna sit on the bench 

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

Who are these problem players with great managers that can handle them? 

How about Cantona, Beckham, Rooney.  There are a whole plethora of players that over the years have had mardy spells.  I am not disagreeing that his attitude may be an issue im just saying other managers seem to be able to handle it.  While he is frozen out of the team and we keep losing to the likes of Luton questions have to be asked.

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
5 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

Reda, Westwood and Hutchinson both have proven ability but it has become apparent that they are not the best dressing room influences. It's not just Monk that's come to this conclusion. Do you not think they would be the first names on the team sheet if their professionalism was not in question ?

Still waiting for that primary evidence rather than your supposition and hearsay 

Gray, Carlos, Bullen and Bruce didn’t seem to have these problems with these players

34 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

So Westwood drops a couple of balls vs Swansea and gets dropped for his mistakes and is replaced by Dawson

Fair enough you might say (although personally I’d forgive someone the odd mistake who has been our best value and most reliable player over the duration of his time here)

Dawson drops absolute howlers vs QPR, Barnsley and Luton and continues to be out of form and have the kicking ability of a small girl

Also seen laughing and joking with the Luton crowd when they were mugging him off nicking the ball and then laughing and joking with the Luton players at full time and let’s not forget what he stood and allowed to happen with that free kick at Cardiff (my point being he’s far far too nice to be a top player you need to have an edge to you and be a horrible bar steward when needed)

Yet Monk doesn’t drop him and replace him like he did immediately with Westwood

Wheres the consistency from Monk? 
And for that simple reason alone is why I’d say he’s got no respect and probably lost the players respect and I’m done with him

The fact that I have serious wood for Westwood and think he’s our most important player (or on par with the Fletcher of this season) is merely an aside....

Westwood did mee thandrop a few balls againstswansea he was crap this year thst why he got dropped

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

What are you on about ??  Give the posts that list all Westwood’s errors this season before he was dropped a read , he was horrendous and deserved to be dropped 

from that, he’s spat the dummy out claimed to injured and doesn’t wanna sit on the bench 

I agree he was in poor form but Dawson has also shown poor form, in his two stints this year and last year the results were relegation form.  Westward might have been dropping us points but we were still in and around the playoffs.  Football is a results game.  Are you happy with our performance over the past month and a half?

1 minute ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Still waiting for that primary evidence rather than your supposition and hearsay 

Gray, Carlos, Bullen and Bruce didn’t seem to have these problems with these players

OK , I confess I have no primary evidence and look forward to Westie n Hutch having long runs in the first team before the end of the season.

Enjoy the game today :blink:

3 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

How about Cantona, Beckham, Rooney.  There are a whole plethora of players that over the years have had mardy spells.  I am not disagreeing that his attitude may be an issue im just saying other managers seem to be able to handle it.  While he is frozen out of the team and we keep losing to the likes of Luton questions have to be asked.

The fact you’ve named 2 players that go back 23 years and 17 years since they played in the Premier League doesn’t exactly back up your point “a lot of prem teams have big stars that a decent manager can handle”.

It’s just not that common. 

Guest The Horse
6 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

I just KNEW that players posted on Owlstalk.

What are you up to today, Westy?

Off to Boots at Meadowhall for some hair gel and Deep Heat for that nigglesome injury that's keeping you out of the squad?

18 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

You can have a neg for the ridiculous overuse of the word Westie never mind that you’ve completely ignored the fact that since Dawson replaces Westward our goals per game conceded has reduced.....even during the last 5 games we’ve conceded a goal on average every 90 minutes....which is better “form” that both Westwoods and Dawson’s season king stats