Westwood/Dawson sums up Monk

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

I’m guessing most of the people backing Dawson are politically correct indoctrinated under 30 somethings who would prefer a team full of ‘nice’ diverse gentlemen rather than a team of troublesome, hard to handle men who are winners 

1 hour ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

So Westwood drops a couple of balls vs Swansea and gets dropped for his mistakes and is replaced by Dawson

Fair enough you might say (although personally I’d forgive someone the odd mistake who has been our best value and most reliable player over the duration of his time here)

Dawson drops absolute howlers vs QPR, Barnsley and Luton and continues to be out of form and have the kicking ability of a small girl

Also seen laughing and joking with the Luton crowd when they were mugging him off nicking the ball and then laughing and joking with the Luton players at full time and let’s not forget what he stood and allowed to happen with that free kick at Cardiff (my point being he’s far far too nice to be a top player you need to have an edge to you and be a horrible bar steward when needed)

Yet Monk doesn’t drop him and replace him like he did immediately with Westwood

Wheres the consistency from Monk? 
And for that simple reason alone is why I’d say he’s got no respect and probably lost the players respect and I’m done with him

The fact that I have serious wood for Westwood and think he’s our most important player (or on par with the Fletcher of this season) is merely an aside....

Absolute howler at Luton? 

What poo are you chatting. 

11 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

But how far do u let players rule?  Like I say its short term gains

If that's what's happening then it's wrong and the club should deal with it. It apparently happened with McGugan, FF and Hutch, now Westwood. We never had an explanation for any of them.

13 minutes ago, 9CFT said:

The main ingredients for promotion {as proven by United last season) are, good manager, top goalkeeper, creative midfielder and at least 3 regular goalscoring strikers.

Not so.

I've looked at this several times in the past and many promotion challenging teams struggle to have 1, never mind 3. Just as one example, when we came within half an hour of promotion a few years back, our top scorer had a modest 12.

7 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

I’m guessing most of the people backing Dawson are politically correct indoctrinated under 30 somethings who would prefer a team full of ‘nice’ diverse gentlemen rather than a team of troublesome, hard to handle men who are winners 

Im a 58 year old long suffering fan who would just like a squad full of players that are prepared to knuckle down and grind out results on a regular basis. Nothing to do with age or political correctness.

Guest Bulgaria
12 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

I am in my 50s, hate political correctness and I would have Dawson all day long. Yes he is in poor form, but long term he is our future. Westwood, although excellent in the past can do one.

Guest Bulgaria
52 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

It’s obvious there are serious issues. No manager will want to drop 2 senior talented pro’s for fun. 

Indeed.

17 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

You're taking after two-thirds of your username, that's for sure

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

Bet none of you had issue with Westwood’s alleged evil attitude when he was racking up club records for clean sheets and claiming man of the match at Wembley did you

Still let’s play Dawson and accept crap performances with no leadership and character just cos he’s nice and easy to handle

5 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Bet none of you had issue with Westwood’s alleged evil attitude when he was racking up club records for clean sheets and claiming man of the match at Wembley did you

Still let’s play Dawson and accept crap performances with no leadership and character just cos he’s nice and easy to handle

Given the vast gulf in ability you suggest there is, how do you account for the fact that Dawson's record of goals conceded this season is slightly better than Westwood's?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

I'm going to come and get a job working alongside you!

I'll be getting paid 4 times what you are on, don't worry though because I am marginally better than you...

And also you'll probably not have much interaction with me, because I'll ignore you pretty much all the time...

I'll be a right handful for our manager though, I'll call in sick whenever I want but I'll still be getting paid...

Don't worry though, because I'm a ''winner''... You'll love me!!

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I am in my 50s, hate political correctness and I would have Dawson all day long. Yes he is in poor form, but long term he is our future. Westwood, although excellent in the past can do one.

Why are you so sure Dawson is good enough and Westwood is past it ? 

4 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Oh for the days of Ron Springett, who would have sat on the cross bar in his pyjamas for ninety minutes if asked to,such was his dedication to Wednesday.

Although - didn't he have an agreement with the club to live in London and train with QPR, and just travelled for the matches?

Seemed to work for everyone but I wonder what the club/players and fans thought at the time.

2 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

So Westwood drops a couple of balls vs Swansea and gets dropped for his mistakes and is replaced by Dawson

Fair enough you might say (although personally I’d forgive someone the odd mistake who has been our best value and most reliable player over the duration of his time here)

Dawson drops absolute howlers vs QPR, Barnsley and Luton and continues to be out of form and have the kicking ability of a small girl

Also seen laughing and joking with the Luton crowd when they were mugging him off nicking the ball and then laughing and joking with the Luton players at full time and let’s not forget what he stood and allowed to happen with that free kick at Cardiff (my point being he’s far far too nice to be a top player you need to have an edge to you and be a horrible bar steward when needed)

Yet Monk doesn’t drop him and replace him like he did immediately with Westwood

Wheres the consistency from Monk? 
And for that simple reason alone is why I’d say he’s got no respect and probably lost the players respect and I’m done with him

The fact that I have serious wood for Westwood and think he’s our most important player (or on par with the Fletcher of this season) is merely an aside....

F.uck me, are our players not even allowed to laugh now. It’s called having a sense of humour, which is a good quality to have... especially in the face of adversity. Unless of course you wanted Dawson to drop kick a few of their fans.

lol