Westwood/Dawson sums up Monk

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

1 minute ago, Animis said:

Although - didn't he have an agreement with the club to live in London and train with QPR, and just travelled for the matches?

Seemed to work for everyone but I wonder what the club/players and fans thought at the time.

Hello mate. Yes you are right he did but it worked for us and him. We're talking a long time back and I suppose attitudes were different then. I'm biased,he was my first Wednesday hero.

2 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Hello mate. Yes you are right he did but it worked for us and him. We're talking a long time back and I suppose attitudes were different then. I'm biased,he was my first Wednesday hero.

I suppose the different era and attitudes meant this could be sorted without a second look.

Modern football, with the outrageous player salaries and social media scrutiny, have magnified everything to do with player/club relations.

1 hour ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

I’m guessing most of the people backing Dawson are politically correct indoctrinated under 30 somethings who would prefer a team full of ‘nice’ diverse gentlemen rather than a team of troublesome, hard to handle men who are winners 

You need to go see somebody as you've clearly gone stark raving bonkers.

I'm 43 missed a couple if games and Dawson would be dropped by now if Westwood had been fit for the bench no doubt.

Westwood has dropped several clangers and was rightly dropped at the time only somebody with Westwood tinted specs would think otherwise.

Also funnily enough the only time theres been rumours of attitude problems is the 2 times he's been dropped and asked to sit on bench, strange that mmmm

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
31 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

F.uck me, are our players not even allowed to laugh now. It’s called having a sense of humour, which is a good quality to have... especially in the face of adversity. Unless of course you wanted Dawson to drop kick a few of their fans.

lol 

Yes that would have been great at least it would show some boll0x

I want orrible bar stewards that want to win whichever way it takes 

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
7 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

You need to go see somebody as you've clearly gone stark raving bonkers.

I'm 43 missed a couple if games and Dawson would be dropped by now if Westwood had been fit for the bench no doubt.

Westwood has dropped several clangers and was rightly dropped at the time only somebody with Westwood tinted specs would think otherwise.

Also funnily enough the only time theres been rumours of attitude problems is the 2 times he's been dropped and asked to sit on bench, strange that mmmm

So if I start a rumour that coopswfc76 is the copper that assaulted our young fan last week should we take that as gospel bcos it’s a rumour posted on owlstalk?

3 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

What is the source of this information please

Here's one:

Many may have thought Hutchinson’s expulsion came down to poor form, as Wednesday had lost four out of their five league games before the Wigan clash, but Alex Miller of the Sheffield Star says an off-the-field altercation with Monk is the reason for his absence.

The Wednesday manager admitted as much in his latest press conference too, saying: “We’ll see (if Hutchinson is finished at the club). I make decisions. There are things you make decisions for, not just football, lots of things go on within squads and stuff like that.”

Hutchinson has made 24 appearances in all competitions this season, scoring and creating two goals. The 30-year-old was a regular before his falling out with Monk and may arguably be missed on the pitch given recent results. Wednesday haven’t won a league game since the midfielder was dropped and have only picked up five points from a possible 27.

Date: 14th February 2020 at 1:54pm
Written by: Crippy Cooke

Sam Hutchinson isn’t expected to feature when Sheffield Wednesday face Reading on Saturday, and it remains to be seen if he’ll play again before his contract expires this summer.

The 30-year-old was frozen out of the first-team by Garry Monk last month, causing him to miss Wednesday’s 2-1 defeat to Wigan Athletic (January 28), 0-0 draw with Millwall (February 1), 1-1 draw with Barnsley (February 8) and 1-0 defeat to Luton Town (February 12).

• Thanks 1

I’m guessing most of the people backing Dawson are politically correct indoctrinated under 30 somethings who would prefer a team full of ‘nice’ diverse gentlemen rather than a team of troublesome, hard to handle men who are winners 

He’s ginger. Doesn’t count for diversity. 

Try not to stereotype people. I don't fit any of your specifications and if I was Monk Westwood would be training on his own.

The manager has to be in charge. The problem we have is that the players have had it all their own way for far too long. They need to know who the boss is or we will continue to fail. If Monk is prepared to take them on then that's fine by me.

8 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Here's one:

Many may have thought Hutchinson’s expulsion came down to poor form, as Wednesday had lost four out of their five league games before the Wigan clash, but Alex Miller of the Sheffield Star says an off-the-field altercation with Monk is the reason for his absence.

The Wednesday manager admitted as much in his latest press conference too, saying: “We’ll see (if Hutchinson is finished at the club). I make decisions. There are things you make decisions for, not just football, lots of things go on within squads and stuff like that.”

Hutchinson has made 24 appearances in all competitions this season, scoring and creating two goals. The 30-year-old was a regular before his falling out with Monk and may arguably be missed on the pitch given recent results. Wednesday haven’t won a league game since the midfielder was dropped and have only picked up five points from a possible 27.

Sam Hutchinson isn’t expected to feature when Sheffield Wednesday face Reading on Saturday, and it remains to be seen if he’ll play again before his contract expires this summer.

The 30-year-old was frozen out of the first-team by Garry Monk last month, causing him to miss Wednesday’s 2-1 defeat to Wigan Athletic (January 28), 0-0 draw with Millwall (February 1), 1-1 draw with Barnsley (February 8) and 1-0 defeat to Luton Town (February 12).

WTF.

Wrong person, bad night last night, monster headache.

Soz

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
10 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Here's one:

Finally someone provides something close to some tangible evidence with regards to one of the frozen out players

Thank you. Although it’s still not fact it’s a as close as anyone else has managed to evidence.

Do you have anything similar for Westwood as that’s the player in question here?

18 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Finally someone provides something close to some tangible evidence with regards to one of the frozen out players

Thank you. Although it’s still not fact it’s a as close as anyone else has managed to evidence.

Do you have anything similar for Westwood as that’s the player in question here?

Sheffield Wednesday boss Garry Monk has offered a blunt response when asked about long-serving goalkeeper Keiren Westwood, which certainly raises question marks over his future at Hillsborough.

"Yeah he's fit" 

Cameron Dawson has been favoured between the sticks while both Paul Jones and another goalkeeper returning from injury, Joe Wildsmith, have been selected above him on the bench.

The veteran shot-stopper has another year on his current deal at Hillsborough, but his recent exclusion from the matchday squad despite being fit only raises doubts over whether or not he has a future at the club.

Monk’s frank admission doesn’t fill you with enough confidence to say otherwise either.

But it is Nixon reporting it, so make of it what you want.

2 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

If Westwood is such a winner then how come he has spent all his career in the lower leagues? The only time he has been at a premiership club where he has faced competition for his place he has left after being unable to hold down a number 1 spot.

4 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

So Westwood drops a couple of balls vs Swansea and gets dropped for his mistakes and is replaced by Dawson

Fair enough you might say (although personally I’d forgive someone the odd mistake who has been our best value and most reliable player over the duration of his time here)

Dawson drops absolute howlers vs QPR, Barnsley and Luton and continues to be out of form and have the kicking ability of a small girl

Also seen laughing and joking with the Luton crowd when they were mugging him off nicking the ball and then laughing and joking with the Luton players at full time and let’s not forget what he stood and allowed to happen with that free kick at Cardiff (my point being he’s far far too nice to be a top player you need to have an edge to you and be a horrible bar steward when needed)

Yet Monk doesn’t drop him and replace him like he did immediately with Westwood

Wheres the consistency from Monk? 
And for that simple reason alone is why I’d say he’s got no respect and probably lost the players respect and I’m done with him

The fact that I have serious wood for Westwood and think he’s our most important player (or on par with the Fletcher of this season) is merely an aside....

4 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

So Westwood drops a couple of balls vs Swansea and gets dropped for his mistakes and is replaced by Dawson

Fair enough you might say (although personally I’d forgive someone the odd mistake who has been our best value and most reliable player over the duration of his time here)

Dawson drops absolute howlers vs QPR, Barnsley and Luton and continues to be out of form and have the kicking ability of a small girl

Also seen laughing and joking with the Luton crowd when they were mugging him off nicking the ball and then laughing and joking with the Luton players at full time and let’s not forget what he stood and allowed to happen with that free kick at Cardiff (my point being he’s far far too nice to be a top player you need to have an edge to you and be a horrible bar steward when needed)

Yet Monk doesn’t drop him and replace him like he did immediately with Westwood

Wheres the consistency from Monk? 
And for that simple reason alone is why I’d say he’s got no respect and probably lost the players respect and I’m done with him

The fact that I have serious wood for Westwood and think he’s our most important player (or on par with the Fletcher of this season) is merely an aside....

To be honest I don't rate either keeper now, it's a position we need to strengthen but no-one seems to mention it.

7 hours ago, Lunny1968 said:

Westwood has made many more mistakes than Swansea.  Sent off at Reading, lost us the games at Millwall and West Brom.  Dawson has a long way to go before he matches that level of ineptitude and we have not even got on to his injury record.  Like it or not Dawson is the future.  Get off his back and get behind him.

I still nightmares about his performance at home against the blunts 2 seasons ago.

There were plenty of errors from him that season.

Terrible business to re-sign him.