Iorfa  Lees  Börner

Odubajo                                    Reach

Luongo.  Hutchinson

Bannan

Fletcher.   Winnall

Based on who is available.

Edited by McRightSide

2 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I have to disagree. We have looked defensively solid until he came back into side. His defensive positioning has led to quite a few of our goals against. 

Look at where he is v Stoke where ball gets recycled into our box and he's 10 yards behind rest of defence playing them onside.

Great, 2 goals scored and 5 conceded in 2 games.

Borner and Iorfa at CH every day of the week.

I would also prefer Borner and Iorfa together - that’s a strong pairing.

Guest Willow Owl
3 hours ago, kernowl said:

Playing with Iorfa, Lees has to be a left-sided centre back which is not his natural position. Seems better with Borner. Iorfa so reminds me of Carlton Palmer when he goes forward that I am surprised they haven’t tried him in a central midfield holding role.

This, absolutely 100% 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Really attractive idea imo.

Reach and Harris are real workhorses. The thought of them getting the ball wide from a CB is really exciting. They can both defend, especially being covered by those 3 strong CBS. 

Borner and Iorfa are both good at bringing the ball forward 

I have seen another team do quite well doing this 

maybe they had better players?

Guest Willow Owl
46 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

How ? 

Lees and Palmer for their first goal looked like they had never played football in lives Tom Lees was more at fault than Palmer it was keystone cop levels of ineptness

Where was Iorfa for the first goal ?. Right centre back giving a free kick away on the left touchline then jogging back. Palmer is actually the one who misses the ball first not Lees.

Second goal, Fox was miles away from his man when initial cross field ball was played. You can actually hear on commentary Monk shouting get there. From then on Fox leaves the runner and Lees does get caught with ball over top. Cover in box not existent, and who picked up Hoilett’s run from midfield

Bad defending all round.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I wouldn’t consider which pairing. I would pick my best defence.

Iorfa Lees Borner Fox

But if you were to just pick your best cb pairing in isolation who would you go for?

I personally would pick Iorfa and Borner tho I hear Iorfa has had some poor games of late.

Revisionism or not Iorfa and Borner are our best CH pairing.

Playing Lees at the LCB berth over Borner is not a bright move. Borner is naturally left footed, also a natural organiser and leader.

The back line in terms of positioning and communication looks to be shambolic at the moment. 

This could also be a good time to bring back Westwood as without Borner and WW comms and organisation we're conceding around 2 goals per game at the moment, simply not good enough...

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Comms

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

How ? 

Lees and Palmer for their first goal looked like they had never played football in lives Tom Lees was more at fault than Palmer it was keystone cop levels of ineptness

Iorfa haplessly chases his man and gives a crap free kick away

Lees has to then try and get across to cover Iorfa’s position. Which he almost does but then can’t get enough power in the challenge.

Meanwhile the hapless and lazy Palmer is jogging round like he’s going for a light run in the park on a warm Summer evening 

1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Revisionism or not Iorfa and Borner are our best CH pairing.

Playing Lees at the LCB berth over Borner is not a bright move. Borner is naturally left footed, also a natural organiser and leader.

The back line in terms of positioning and communication looks to be shambolic at the moment. 

This could also be a good time to bring back Westwood as without Borner and WW comms and organisation we're conceding around 2 goals per game at the moment, simply not good enough...

Westwood has chucked his dummy out or he is bollaxed 

either way he is not available