Parking for Stoke

4 minutes ago, Anus said:

Happy Christmas all.

Never driven for Stoke away before, any tips on best places to park for the ground?

Cheers in advance.

Normally, places that advertise "matchday parking £5, £7, £10 or even higher"... Depends on the Christmas spirit really... How much you want to be goosed by or how much they want to drop all charges and let you park for free. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

Normally, places that advertise "matchday parking £5, £7, £10 or even higher"... Depends on the Christmas spirit really... How much you want to be goosed by or how much they want to drop all charges and let you park for free. 

Cheers buddy. 

Cost wasn't the issue sorry, should have been clearer but I'm already on the port.  My girls are going to want a beer, so was more where is good for parking and a pint?

1 hour ago, Anus said:

Cheers buddy. 

Cost wasn't the issue sorry, should have been clearer but I'm already on the port.  My girls are going to want a beer, so was more where is good for parking and a pint?

probably nowhere near stoke as its shocking for away supporters to drink ,heard some go to leek ,ashboune for drinking be4 heading to stoke . you don't realise how lucky you are living in Sheffield after a trip to stoke. bloody awful place . top of a massive hill surrounded by motorway/a roads and give the local pubs a miss unless you try to get to stoke accent sorted before going in them ,its worse than reading at least that bloody place is flat. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ginner said:

A lot of the residential streets within 15mins walk are now restricted parking on match days. Google Grove Road. 

Stoke FC website offers advice to away fans. 

Are there any residential streets within 15 minutes walk?

I was going to try to park across the A50 from the ground (Grove Road) or across the railway/canal/A500 on the industrial estate.

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

I was going to try to park across the A50 from the ground (Grove Road) or across the railway/canal/A500 on the industrial estate.

I think there is parking on Grove Rd but you'll need to be there early, the bowling club is just of Grove Rd, accross the little road from Heron Cross school.

1 minute ago, lt109 said:

I think there is parking on Grove Rd but you'll need to be there early, the bowling club is just of Grove Rd, accross the little road from Heron Cross school.

just had a look on google maps the little road is called Claud Street.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Did you park on the street on at the club? If club, do you recall the cost?

we parked in the bowling club, it says on here  https://www.awaygames.co.uk/away-day-guides/stoke-city-away/#1467752466853-8bcf3018-3343

that it's only £2.50 but I can't remember it may have gone up, it could have been £3, if it was more than a fiver I would have remembered [I'm from good Yorkshire stock].

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Anus said:

Cheers buddy. 

haven't been in but you can get a pint in the bowling club, seem quite a friendly bunch from our visits.

3 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

Yeah, Grove Road is actually 20 mins walk according to Maps. Grove Road is now restricted parking on match days - you can Google the story. 

The school on Claud Street seems like the nearest pay option, but bear in mind that all Stoke fans are in the same boat with regard no longer being able to park on those residential roads so it could be full early on. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Anus said:

Happy Christmas all.

Never driven for Stoke away before, any tips on best places to park for the ground?

Cheers in advance.

Ask @vulva. But there shouldn't be too much difficulty parking around Hillsborough today unless SYP'n'SAG are Closing Penistone road for our away matches too, FFS  :bullen:

Been to stoke many times 

I usually park behind the away end I think it’s Stanley Mathews way 

if you come from the derby side a50 take the turn off Left about a mile and half before the ground this takes you round to the away end 

it’s not the cheapest although all priced different the further you walk the cheaper it is 

the main tip is to come out the ground spot on final whistle and there is no hold up with police as you are parked directly behind it and if you can get a head start you can be out the area very quick the downside is you can get stuck there for absolutely ages if late out the ground but I have always managed to get away 

there also is a pub you can walk to as you enter the Stanley Mathews way no hassle 

just my take on it hope it helps 

12 hours ago, handworth52 said:

probably nowhere near stoke as its shocking for away supporters to drink ,heard some go to leek ,ashboune for drinking be4 heading to stoke . you don't realise how lucky you are living in Sheffield after a trip to stoke. bloody awful place . top of a massive hill surrounded by motorway/a roads and give the local pubs a miss unless you try to get to stoke accent sorted before going in them ,its worse than reading at least that bloody place is flat. 

Just call everyone Duck and you'll be fine.