Jump to content
markg

EFL Statement

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we are found guilty and deducted points or even relegation personally I think DC would need to get out of this club ASAP. 

I'm sure he would like to get out too...as long as someone is willing to buy the club for enough money to get most of his money back.

 

Which would be how much do we think??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, trev said:

I'm sure he would like to get out too...as long as someone is willing to buy the club for enough money to get most of his money back.

 

Which would be how much do we think??

 

We were quite an attractive buying prospect when DC got us.

 

We are less attractive now than we've ever been, by a lot of millions.

 

Nobody is buying us until we are Premier League or in administration.

 

 

 

 

  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mkowl said:

 

In terms of the disposal of the stadium then possibly HMRC could get interested just in how loss rules work. However that is a bit technical shizzle 

Thanks mkowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Have come back to this thread after a few days and what is glaringly abundantly clear. Is that no one has a fuc**g clue about any of it. 111 pages going round & round in circles.

 

We’ve got the lot, bar room barristers, tap room tax experts, financial experts, clairvoyants, wise in hindsight experts, the lot!!

 

Hundred odd pages of assumptions, misinformation, in some cases complete boll**ks, rumour, scandal, libel & slander & ‘I know best’ opinion. 

 

Owlstalk at its bullsh**ng, panic ridden, bed wetting, hilarious best! 

 

 

Only thing missing from this post is a cunning plan mr b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Still an unfair advantage..we or other champ clubs overspend, points off / embargo.

Relegated club, spend what you want, push prices up, pay big wages for average players...etc etc.

Not reyt.

Same league, same rules for all.

 

I know things look a bit bleak right now (even without EFL charge I reckon we will struggle to stay out of embargo / avoid points deduction in future) but we really do need to stop this self pity over existing P&S rules.

 

Preston, Leeds, Forest and Bristol City all in top 6 right now and not a parachute payment between them.

  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

 

We were quite an attractive buying prospect when DC got us.

 

We are less attractive now than we've ever been, by a lot of millions.

 

Nobody is buying us until we are Premier League or in administration.

 

 

 

 

Agreed.

 

He would want easy double what he paid for us.

 

No chance of us getting sold unless he's willing to write off his losses.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billyblack said:

Well one things for sure. With Rhodes he didnt invest in quality anyway

 

 

Hindsight eh?  The football fans greatest friend. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, trev said:

Agreed.

 

He would want easy double what he paid for us.

 

No chance of us getting sold unless he's willing to write off his losses.


Might write off his losses rather than fund another go though,  who knows how he will be thinking after the EFL have worked there magic that they call ‘protecting’ clubs 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, prowl said:

The problem with the accounts was that we lost too much money for EFL rules. EFL can't jail people, they can take action against the club and fine them, dock points, relegate the club or throw them out of the league. I've not seen anything so far that suggests they can incarcerate the owner of a club. That is down to the financial conduct authorites, HMRC all of whom use the courts. I don't think HMRC are bothered unless the club are trying to defraud the tax man. That's not the case here, the sale of the ground was used to reduce a loss, if it was in the following year maybe it would have resulted in a profit but that would be offset by the prior year loss.

 

The other possible charge would be false accounting but I doubt that would fly in the circumstances. I don't see DC getting locked up.which was the point of the previous poster who I replied to. I think the suggestion was that DC would keep a plane fueled and ready at an airport in case he had to flee the country. My point was that was extremely unlikely and scaremongering.

 

I am not a lawyer or an accountant so I'm ready to accept I might be wrong. It doesn't appear you are either. I'll leave it there.


HMRC were one of the main reasons for the introduction of FFP.

 

Before FFP clubs were going into administration and millions in unpaid tax was having to be written off by HMRC.

 

HMRC isn’t deemed a preferential creditor and has to line up with other non-football creditors to share what’s left in the pot. So the taxman was only being paid 5-10% of what was actually owed when football clubs went into administration.

 

Leeds and Leicester were two of the worst culprits, they both had around £7 million in tax debts but only repaid about 700k.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vulva said:

What we don’t want is a points deduction early next season after a bad start. This league is absolute badger spunk so I’d be tempted to take the hit asap as we will have enough to stay up. 

 

EFL took 7 months to decide on Birmingham's punishment, they only had a meeting last Friday about Bolton postponing there game without asking EFL with Doncaster right at start of season, and guess what? No decision has been made yet. 

 

At these meetings they must sit drinking Coffee and eating Bourbon biscuits all time without deciding owt.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Just can't see our lawyers making a major mistake like that.....

Unless our chairman overruled em :sad:.

Brummies are making a big noise over this..we should get 9 / 12 pt deduction etc..

But this is an entirely different case.

If they / he has fooooked up, then it must be the biggest form of incompetence the world has ever seen.

Though i do remember dc saying we have to go up ( last season)..or in very big doo dah.

 

Me neither. I'm hoping both the accountants and lawyers haven't made a major mistake but the EFL haven't done this just to appease the other chairmen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, nilsson said:


HMRC were one of the main reasons for the introduction of FFP.

 

Before FFP clubs were going into administration and millions in unpaid tax was having to be written off by HMRC.

 

HMRC isn’t deemed a preferential creditor and has to line up with other non-football creditors to share what’s left in the pot. So the taxman was only being paid 5-10% of what was actually owed when football clubs went into administration.

 

Leeds and Leicester were two of the worst culprits, they both had around £7 million in tax debts but only repaid about 700k.

Tonight they stand on the verge of a take over by the Quatar group that own PSG. I think we're blinkin cursed, I really do.lol

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

Eh up Mr C. You back in Blighty?

How original!

 

:biggrin:

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marshy said:

Tonight they stand on the verge of a take over by the Quatar group that own PSG. I think we're blinkin cursed, I really do.lol

 

We have been for years.

 

It's not normal to get taken over by a rich businessman with no idea who then blows all his money on shiite.

 

It's a fix.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait til we play Middlesbrough live on sky last game of season in a relegation decider

 

Rhodes scores a 96th minute winner. 

DC runs up to Gibson ,snatches his £10k hairpiece off his head and takes a dump then wipes his bum on it 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Only thing missing from this post is a cunning plan mr b

Not from me mate.

 

I’m more from the ‘fingers crossed’, ‘it’ll be reyt’

’we’ve seen it all before’, ‘ que sera’ school of thought.

 

We moan it could be worse fully knowing it will probably get loads worse as it usually does.

 

Qualify for Europe & the scousers get us banned

 

When we were singing non stop at Wembley “we’re on our way” for an hour & a half . I pretty much knew we wouldn’t be “ on our way”! 

 

We’d have been far better singing a version of Sinatra’s famous ditty. “ we’ll fu*k it up OUR WAY”. 

 

No cunning plan I’m afraid, but at least I admit I know fu*k all about it. (Do the EFL)???

 

It’ll be reyt though.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nilsson said:


Rhodes scoring a winner is probably the most far fetched part of that post 

 

Rhodes scoring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

 

Rhodes scoring.

Who's his dealer ?........

 

-999x-999.gif.8278ff2df780dd1781df13f7889c6e83.gif

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bradowl said:

 

EFL took 7 months to decide on Birmingham's punishment, they only had a meeting last Friday about Bolton postponing there game without asking EFL with Doncaster right at start of season, and guess what? No decision has been made yet. 

 

At these meetings they must sit drinking Coffee and eating Bourbon biscuits all time without deciding owt.

 

I would have requested jammie dodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...