Dirty tactics

Is cheating a legitimate part of the game that you'd be happy for us to practise on the training ground if it got us promotion?

The question comes to mind after noticing an incident around the 56 minute mark when Barnsley had a corner. They tried a clearly pre-planned routine where their number 6 grabbed hold of Borner as the ball came over and quite literally dragged him away from his position to open up the space behind him. You can't expect the referee to always catch that kind of business, but if you can get away with it is it something you would want Wednesday players to do?

I remember Sheffield United tried a very similar move last season and it had me absolutely raging.

Just now, Dan™ said:

Is cheating a legitimate part of the game that you'd be happy for us to practise on the training ground if it got us promotion?

The question comes to mind after noticing an incident around the 56 minute mark when Barnsley had a corner. They tried a clearly pre-planned routine where their number 6 grabbed hold of Borner as the ball came over and quite literally dragged him away from his position to open up the space behind him. You can't expect the referee to always catch that kind of business, but if you can get away with it is it something you would want Wednesday players to do?

I remember Sheffield United tried a very similar move last season and it had me absolutely raging.

and we did something similar last week at Reading

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

If you think that is cheating maybe football is not the game for you 

When we had Megson I recall seeing a routine a few times where we had a unit at the front post who would turn and run into the defenders just before delivery. Defenders would lose half a yard and the likes of Reda, Jones, Batth would have a free header. 

Was glorious

• Like 1

Just now, hugeowl said:

If you think that is cheating maybe football is not the game for you 

I think you need to check the rulebook if you think purposely fouling off the ball isn't cheating - or maybe a dictionary!

I was genuinely interested to see if other people don't think this kind of rule-bending is a problem though, it seem a few are fine with it. Fair enough.

Just now, Dan™ said:

I think you need to check the rulebook if you think purposely fouling off the ball isn't cheating - or maybe a dictionary!

I was genuinely interested to see if other people don't think this kind of rule-bending is a problem though, it seem a few are fine with it. Fair enough.

Dont need to check anything , you name me one player who has never cheated going on your logic .

35 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

I’m not fine with it at all it Mars the sport for me , at what point do the “oh it’s part of the game “ brigade , actually think it’s gone too far , minor I can stomach but out and out cheating no not for me