Chelsea and loans

Guest Theboylangers
23 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

He did improve and he is decent at this level but I wouldnt spend all our budget on him.The return of Westwood and Hutchinson were major reasons for our defensive improvement. 

I think it was a combination of a number of things, the main one being having a proper manager. But you make a fair point. 

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

There’s little doubt in my mind, that Hector will be available. I’m sure he will be realistically priced, and Wednesday will be aware  of that price. We have to decide whether we can pay that price, and then find a way to get the deal done. The longer we mess about, the more likely he’ll move elsewhere. That is something that Bruce will be concerned about, hence his intervention this week.

Intervention? What's he done mate? 

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Pretty much disagree with all of that, but hey, it’s just opinions We do need players with pace, especially in forward areas, but I think that can be achieved with loans. Practically all youngsters at big Premier League clubs, have pace as a prerequisite, so it shouldn’t be difficult to find the 3 players we probably do need

Agree. Pace is a great asset, but at centre half it's not essential. He reads the game well, and isn't easy to get past.

Lees improved a ton with this lad at the side of him.

There'll always be other options, but in today's market £4-5m on a 3y deal would be excellent business.

5 hours ago, agentwalker said:

I'm surprised the lampard situation hasn't been sorted yet as Derby are going to be well screwed this close to preseason.

That would be just terrible.  Perrenial under achievers. Doesn't matter who they employ in the hot seat, who they buy, year in year out, they falter towards the end of the season. 

They did go up once,  but we're relegated by February. 

Please don't think I'm bitter about that game at their gaff where we drew 3-3 when we were 3-1 up after 90 minutes. I'll get over it one day. That season we got relegated. 

:tango:

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Agree. Pace is a great asset, but at centre half it's not essential. He reads the game well, and isn't easy to get past.

Lees improved a ton with this lad at the side of him.

There'll always be other options, but in today's market £4-5m on a 3y deal would be excellent business.

My thoughts entirely. The other thing is, he is a good fit, all signings are a gamble, but we know what Hector can do for us, and he did it on a regular basis. I don’t agree with those who say he isn’t comfortable on the ball, on the contrary, he is very good at bringing the ball out of defence. Yeah, a few of those booming diagonals don’t come off, but with extra pace up front, he might be capable of launching rapid counter attacks

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

My thoughts entirely. The other thing is, he is a good fit, all signings are a gamble, but we know what Hector can do for us, and he did it on a regular basis. I don’t agree with those who say he isn’t comfortable on the ball, on the contrary, he is very good at bringing the ball out of defence. Yeah, a few of those booming diagonals don’t come off, but with extra pace up front, he might be capable of launching rapid counter attacks

At this level he is more than comfortable on the ball than most. Unfortunately, too many of us remember a guy call Warhurst and are looking for a replica. 

Emerson Thome always had a mistake in him. But we loved him anyway. For everything these type of players bring, there's an odd, costly mistake.

We could stick with Lees and Thornley as first choice, but they'd need a lot of protection and we'd end up playing the long ball too often. 

Go get Hector.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

That would be just terrible.  Perrenial under achievers. Doesn't matter who they employ in the hot seat, who they buy, year in year out, they falter towards the end of the season. 

They did go up once,  but we're relegated by February. 

Please don't think I'm bitter about that game at their gaff where we drew 3-3 when we were 3-1 up after 90 minutes. I'll get over it one day. That season we got relegated. 

:tango:

They were 90 mins from the Prem this season.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

This ^

Re-signing Hector, is in my opinion just as vital, as it was that we kept Westwood. Like you said, he was a good fit, we know what we'll get with him, which takes away some of the risk. I trust Bruce to find the players we need but if we can somehow bring Hector back it will improve our chances to do well and it will make Bruce's transfer recruitment easier. It will be tricky to find another centre back that fits in as well has he did and it will be tough for anyone else to replicate his impressive kind of impact.

Edited by The Night-Owl

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Buy Hector for 4 million and there will be no extra pace up front as we will have no budget left to bring anyone in. Rather have width and pace than hopefull punts upfield Sheff Utd/Wimbledon style early 80s. Hector is a decent player but we need to invest in other areas to move the team forward. The promise of we will bring them in on loans is pie in the sky. There arent lots of young pacey goal scoring forwards and wingers up for grabs.

10 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

And failed again...

Who cares if they failed again.

They held their nerve and beat others out, including us, to get 6th. The bottling days of McLaren's Derby are over, just look at that Leeds semi final.

They've been closer to the Prem than us in the last 10 years too.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Who cares if they failed again.

They held their nerve and beat others out, including us, to get 6th. The bottling days of McLaren's Derby are over, just look at that Leeds semi final.

They've been closer to the Prem than us in the last 10 years too.

I would imagine every Derby fan cares.  Like us they've lost in the Play-off final.  Don't know how that makes them closer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Seen as Chelsea are under a transfer ban I'm not expecting many to be loaned out 

They're still only allowed a squad of 25 and already have Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen and probably Tomori plus Kalas ahead of Hector.  And he's too old to play for u23s, so I imagine he will be shipped out on loan or sold. 

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

I would imagine every Derby fan cares.  Like us they've lost in the Play-off final.  Don't know how that makes them closer.

Not sure if you're being purposely obtuse or just thick, but I'll humour you.

Three reasons why they've been closer than us. One they've been in 2 play off finals, two they actually scored at Wembley and three they lost the first one in added time. They've been a lot closer to the big time than us, despite the fact that falter every year. Clearly, they don't.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

3 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Buy Hector for 4 million and there will be no extra pace up front as we will have no budget left to bring anyone in. Rather have width and pace than hopefull punts upfield Sheff Utd/Wimbledon style early 80s. Hector is a decent player but we need to invest in other areas to move the team forward. The promise of we will bring them in on loans is pie in the sky. There arent lots of young pacey goal scoring forwards and wingers up for grabs.

No problem, we use the loan system to bring in the pace we need. We can borrow much better than we could buy, and to be honest, how many quick front players could we buy for £3m-£4m

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Not sure if you're being purposely obtuse or just thick, but I'll humour you.

Three reasons why they've been closer than us. One they've been in 2 play off finals, two they actually scored at Wembley and three they lost the first one in added time. They've been a lot closer to the big time than us, despite the fact that falter every year. Clearly, they don't.

I'll ignore the ill mannered abuse.  However, I think that's what my dear old Dad called splitting a fart.

5 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Who says we've only got 4m to spend.

Who, let's hear it ?