Chelsea and loans

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11567752/fifas-proposals-to-overhaul-loan-system-set-for-2020

Does anyone know if this is def coming into force next season?  Would obviously have a big impact on our ability to sign the likes of Hector.  If Chelsea can no longer ship so many players out on loan they'll surely have to have a fire sale and Hector is one of the candidates to be sold as he's too old now to be in the "potential" bracket and nowhere near their first team.  Kalas might become available for similar reasons. 

hopefully this will lead more youngsters to look for pastures new at Championship clubs or abroad like sancho has done at Dortmund. Sitting in the reserves of a big PL club compared to becoming a legend at a good football club doesn't seem like much of a decision to make for me. Plus if it means we can force a deal through for Hector then all the better.

There’s little doubt in my mind, that Hector will be available. I’m sure he will be realistically priced, and Wednesday will be aware  of that price. We have to decide whether we can pay that price, and then find a way to get the deal done. The longer we mess about, the more likely he’ll move elsewhere. That is something that Bruce will be concerned about, hence his intervention this week.

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Well a lot will be in reserve teams.

The others will be promoted to the first team if lamps gets the job.

There will still be a massive overspill of players. Otherwise who played in their reserve teams this season.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

There’s little doubt in my mind, that Hector will be available. I’m sure he will be realistically priced, and Wednesday will be aware  of that price. We have to decide whether we can pay that price, and then find a way to get the deal done. The longer we mess about, the more likely he’ll move elsewhere. That is something that Bruce will be concerned about, hence his intervention this week.

Doubt very much hes coming here. 4 million is well out of our current price range. Likes of Fulham flush with PP are much more likely to be in for him and can easily afford the fee. 

2 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Doubt very much hes coming here. 4 million is well out of our current price range. Likes of Fulham flush with PP are much more likely to be in for him and can easily afford the fee. 

It’s whether we can afford it, it doesn’t matter that it’s easier for others, if we can afford, we need to do it. Think that is the reason Bruce was frustrated that we hadn’t yet got players out. We obviously need to sell before we can buy

33 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s whether we can afford it, it doesn’t matter that it’s easier for others, if we can afford, we need to do it. Think that is the reason Bruce was frustrated that we hadn’t yet got players out. We obviously need to sell before we can buy

Wouldn't pay 4 million for Hector would rather invest in 3 players with pace. In reality he had a good second half to season but was poor first 4 months. His distribution is poor and there will be better cheaper options available. 

4 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Wouldn't pay 4 million for Hector would rather invest in 3 players with pace. In reality he had a good second half to season but was poor first 4 months. His distribution is poor and there will be better cheaper options available. 

Pretty much disagree with all of that, but hey, it’s just opinions We do need players with pace, especially in forward areas, but I think that can be achieved with loans. Practically all youngsters at big Premier League clubs, have pace as a prerequisite, so it shouldn’t be difficult to find the 3 players we probably do need

Guest Theboylangers
17 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Hector wasn't very good under Jos granted, but neither was anyone else.

Vastly improved under Bruce with Westwood calling the shots at the back. Think that says it all really. 

Edited by Theboylangers
Punctuation

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Pretty much disagree with all of that, but hey, it’s just opinions We do need players with pace, especially in forward areas, but I think that can be achieved with loans. Practically all youngsters at big Premier League clubs, have pace as a prerequisite, so it shouldn’t be difficult to find the 3 players we probably do need

We need width and pace we are sterile going forward. These forward loan players rarely arrive here and even fewer are a success. Conor Wickham being the last 1 in my memory. Hector is good at this level but not good enough too blow all our transfer budget on.

5 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Hector wasn't very good under Jos granted, but neither was anyone else.

Vastly improved under Bruce with Westwood calling the shots at the back. Think that says it all really. 

He did improve and he is decent at this level but I wouldnt spend all our budget on him.The return of Westwood and Hutchinson were major reasons for our defensive improvement. 

Edited by ZicoSterland2