June 1964

This could have been interesting ?  Following the decision not to renew Vic Buckingham's contract at the end of the 1963/64 sesaon ( after only finishing 6th in the 1st Division 3 seasons running !!!) Wednesday were on the hunt for a new manager and this name popped up in June!

Revie.thumb.jpg.a78e3aee7d6c16e0d84283474ef48f6b.jpg

Edited by dunsbyowl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This was news to me I admit. Another "what if" example that have littered my 60+ years of supporting the Owls particularly before 2000. He wasn't everyone's cup of tea but he would have ensured we would have stayed at the top of the English game. Sadly, we've not really been relevant since Atkinson's removal in May 1998. Having said that I do believe Bruce's appointment could be a game changer for the club. 

• Like 1

Like Colin Dobson says, that’s a new one on me too. Don’t think I’ve ever heard that before.

Perhaps we could have been the team that was revered and hated in equal measure.

Dirty Wednesday ?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Like Colin Dobson says, that’s a new one on me too. Don’t think I’ve ever heard that before.

Perhaps we could have been the team that was revered and hated in equal measure.

Dirty Wednesday ?

That book and film could have ended up being called The Damned Wednesday instead....

A great film that by the way, watched it again the other night. Michael Sheen had Cloughie to perfection.

• Like 1

that sums up our board that they were considering jimmy Scoular who had just been sacked by the mighty Bradford park avenue …...fred was right that ken taylor should have been opening the batting for England …..