Well done today lads

I was surprised by how toothless Bristol City seemed today, considering they're in the playoff hunt. Our performance tailed off a bit in the second half but we never really looked troubled apart from Dawson's double save with ten minutes to go.

I was expecting a real battle today, but it never materialised. I suppose it's just the way of things in this division: many teams are capable of looking like world-beaters one week and then mediocre the next.

55 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

Hope you said he’s up for sale...........:biggrin:

With our potential financial difficulties Bannan might be for sale at the right price. Best Offers to Steve Bruce above £10M.lol

Edited by prowl

1 hour ago, Alan Robinson said:

As a Bristolian  I dont have the same angst towards the other club based in our fair City as you guys do. The Rovers have always been the poor relations but that’s not case in the steel city.

I think you'll find that the other team in Sheffield are also the poor relations.

30 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Thought BC were quite poor, maybe a bit of an offday for them or have they dipped in form? Didnt they smash the pigs away ? 

We were kinda due an away defeat and in recent times Hillsborough hasn’t been a happy hunting ground for us. Not so long back we were 2 up at lost 3-2..... I remember Johnson really losing it after that ............:laugh:

10 hours ago, Alan Robinson said:

Thats very true. In fact there’s a thread on otib right now discussing BB........

I think Bristol City and their supporters flatter themselves massively to think they could tempt Bannan away from Sheffield Wednesday. Most of them can't even spell his name correctly either.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fast Forward said:

I think Bristol City and their supporters flatter themselves massively to think they could tempt Bannan away from Sheffield Wednesday. Most of them can't even spell his name correctly either.

Not all of us are a fan of BB. 

Some argue that at 29 he could be a little too old. Others question whether he’d fit it to the Johnson way of playing. 

One thing for sure is that Johnson really rates him and who knows what’s going on behind the scenes? Add to that the fact City signed Jack Hunt and BB will know him.................  :rolleyes:

Edited by Alan Robinson

19 hours ago, Alan Robinson said:

As a Bristolian  I dont have the same angst towards the other club based in our fair City as you guys do. The Rovers have always been the poor relations but that’s not case in the steel city.

I do get the rivalry between the two Sheffield clubs tho but personally It doesn’t bother me but it’s you forum I visit and not the other one..........:rolleyes:

That said I’ve always detested dirty Leeds going back to the days of Revie, Bremner, Giles, Madeley and co, I love it when they get beat.

Aye, ever since he nicked that bottle of wine, I've not been too keen on him.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alan Robinson said:

Must be an ‘in’ joke! Completely lost on me............:wacko:

Richard Madeley off Richard and Judy, got 'done', then acquitted about 30 years ago of half-inching some booze from Tesco or Summat - a real up to date story, and much funnier when you have to explain it!

9 hours ago, Fast Forward said:

Many on here struggle with it too, to be fair. :Sid: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Richard Madeley off Richard and Judy, got 'done', then acquitted about 30 years ago of half-inching some booze from Tesco or Summat - a real up to date story, and much funnier when you have to explain it!

I vaguely remember that happening but I never like that particular show. Richard always tried to be ultra smooth and relaxed and made me instantly dislike him.........:mad:

I was of course referring to Paul Madeley, who was tbf a very decent footballer.