Well done today lads

The win was well deserved. City just couldn’t handle Barry ‘bloody’ Bannan. He was top drawer. Scored a screamer and created the second with a lovely dink ball to Joao. No surprise Johnson really likes him, I daresay all Championship managers do. He’s just the type of midfielder we’ve lacked all season.

Your now not too far off the pray offs - if you win the last two you might just creep in if other results go your way. Hope its not at our expense.......:sad:

We have a crunch match coming up with Derby County. That’s a must win for us as Boro got stuffed today.

Good to see dirty Leeds getting beat at Griffin Park...........:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

The win was well deserved. City just couldn’t handle Barry ‘bloody’ Bannan. He was top drawer. Scored a screamer and created the second with a lovely dink ball to Joao. No surprise Johnson really likes him, I daresay all Championship managers do. He’s just the type of midfielder we’ve lacked all season.

Your now not too far off the pray offs - if you win the last two you might just creep in if other results go your way. Hope its not at our expense.......:sad:

We have a crunch match coming up with Derby County. That’s a must win for us as Boro got stuffed today.

Cheers Alan,

Good luck on your run in 

Owlstalk Shop

47 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I was desperate for dirty leeds to win ;(

As a Bristolian  I dont have the same angst towards the other club based in our fair City as you guys do. The Rovers have always been the poor relations but that’s not case in the steel city.

I do get the rivalry between the two Sheffield clubs tho but personally It doesn’t bother me but it’s you forum I visit and not the other one..........:rolleyes:

That said I’ve always detested dirty Leeds going back to the days of Revie, Bremner, Giles, Madeley and co, I love it when they get beat.

1 hour ago, Alan Robinson said:

Thanks for posting. We are out of it but good luck for the remainder of the season.

Yeah our season is over. Was surprised by you lot today though. Was expecting a tough game but you never seemed to get going. Decent spell after we scored and I daresay if your left back? had put that chance away it'd have been a different game. I fully expected changes and an onslaught at half time. Either we're better than I give us credit for or you just didn't have it in you. Like I say, surprising as my pig mates were telling me how good you were. 

If you could draw with fldc then all of you stuff the next couple of games that'd be great cheers. :biggrin:

Edited by latemodelchild

1 hour ago, Alan Robinson said:

I thought that Kasey Palmer looked decent when he came on how's he done for you this season.

23 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

As a Bristolian  I dont have the same angst towards the other club based in our fair City as you guys do. The Rovers have always been the poor relations but that’s not case in the steel city.

I do get the rivalry between the two Sheffield clubs tho but personally It doesn’t bother me but it’s you forum I visit and not the other one..........:rolleyes:

That said I’ve always detested dirty Leeds going back to the days of Revie, Bremner, Giles, Madeley and co, I love it when they get beat.

I saw that the gassheads had scored today and wondered if it bothered you at all

The hatred in this city is something else..especially from them and especially on derby day..wilder represents them perfectly and they know it..difference is we try to remain dignified

5 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

I thought that Kasey Palmer looked decent when he came on how's he done for you this season.

He isn’t one of the regular midfielders that’ll be Pack and Brownhill who are first choice. Palmer is used as an impact sub. He’s got good vision but according to Johnson Palmer isn’t yet accustomed to the way City like to play. He's on loan from Chelsea so I doubt he’ll be at AG next season.

Bristol City were sort of what I expected tbh, having seen you a few times under Johnson. 

Decent footballing side, but I always feel like we can cause you a few problems. 

Today, the game was largely over once Joao put in the 2nd. 

You huffed and puffed in the second half and of course, Dawson made that brilliant double save, but I thought we saw the game out relatively comfortably. 

Oh, and no, you can't have Bannan.