New Stadium

6 minutes ago, Animis said:

I don't agree with this. 

Many clubs, including our peers have moved grounds or re-developed in the last 20 yrs without a hope in hell in champions league football. I agree that the top six clubs have significantly moved away from the rest in terms of revenue. We were the equals of Tottenham and Man City in the early 90s but time moves on.

Everton's plans are fantastic - a move to the up an coming docks area nearer the city is a good move and will enhance the fan experience with external facilities near the ground allowing travel and the 'day experience' to be far better. We rely on the match to provide that - the before and after the match experience is none-existent unless you are happy crammed into the ever decreasing number of grubby local pubs around the ground.

A decision will have to be made about Hillsborough in the next 5 yrs or so. Clearly promotion to the PL will accelerate this decision and action. It of course takes money. No one can be happy that we have had to live with the ridiculous seat-restricting consequences of the leppings lane end for 20 years. Today will be a move from the norm, in that the away fans actually get to use the bottom tier. This happens what; three times a season? It's a nonsense and we have to move on and get stadium and facilities that are fit for the next 50 years; not stuck in the 1980s.

name me one team in the top 2 divisions that have moved or done large scale redevelopment who didn't meet one of the following criteria A. Consistently max out capacity B. Are a stable top flight club C. Looking to attract elite players 

We don't meet any of those criteria and the others do...simple as that

Teams div 1 or lower obviously are an exception die to increased room for growth (more divisions to rise) 

Edited by keepitsteel89

I mean SWFC is a business, our aim right now is to sort out FFP and challenge for promotion, its not to increase capacity, its not to attract better players with upgraded facilities, our sole aim is to improve the squad to get out of this league, everything else is a luxury that would be a nice thing to have but ultimately wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference, when its your own money your spending on these things you just dont do them unless you really need too

9 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

I mean SWFC is a business, our aim right now is to sort out FFP and challenge for promotion, its not to increase capacity, its not to attract better players with upgraded facilities, our sole aim is to improve the squad to get out of this league, everything else is a luxury that would be a nice thing to have but ultimately wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference, when its your own money your spending on these things you just dont do them unless you really need too

Improved facilities aren’t just a luxury. They attract more supporters and increase revenues. Increased revenue allows for a bigger playing budget. I’m not saying this is possible or likely for us right now, but it’s pretty obvious stuff.

Edited by Sonny

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Improved facilities aren’t just a luxury. They attract more supporters increase revenues. Increased revenue allows for a bigger playing budget. I’m not saying this is possible or likely for us right now, but it’s pretty obvious stuff.

Right now you actually are starting to annoy me because thats complete bs :laugh:

I mean you are right, is a sense. Would upgrading to a slightly more expensive aftershave attract more attention from my missus? probably... 

I assume your talking about upgraded ground facilities as apposed to the training ground seen as you mentioned attracting more supporters?

What would you suggest? because I reckon cba's have already been done by people at the club who know more about it than you or me, and they probably haven't decided to improve them much for a reason, they probably agree with your statement about attracting more support and increasing revenue, they just think it would be an increase of basically nowt..

40 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

name me one team in the top 2 divisions that have moved or done large scale redevelopment who didn't meet one of the following criteria A. Consistently max out capacity B. Are a stable top flight club C. Looking to attract elite players 

We don't meet any of those criteria and the others do...simple as that

Teams div 1 or lower obviously are an exception die to increased room for growth (more divisions to rise) 

Cardiff, Stoke 

Edited by casbahowl

17 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Right now you actually are starting to annoy me because thats complete bs :laugh:

I mean you are right, is a sense. Would upgrading to a slightly more expensive aftershave attract more attention from my missus? probably... 

I assume your talking about upgraded ground facilities as apposed to the training ground seen as you mentioned attracting more supporters?

What would you suggest? because I reckon cba's have already been done by people at the club who know more about it than you or me, and they probably haven't decided to improve them much for a reason, they probably agree with your statement about attracting more support and increasing revenue, they just think it would be an increase of basically nowt..

I’m sorry it’s such a difficult and annoying concept for you.

7 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Haven't they been in the top flight 2 or 3 times in the last 10 years? And they do max cap.

They hadn’t been in the premiership at all ever until after they built their new stadium, which increased revenues and attendances.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

They hadn’t been in the premiership at all ever until after they built their new stadium, which increased revenues and attendances.

well like I said the old stadium capacity was around 21,500 which I believe unlike their current one they maxed out regularly.

I'll let you get back to straining to make your point, enjoy the match

Just now, keepitsteel89 said:

well like I said the old stadium capacity was around 21,500 which I believe unlike their current one they maxed out regularly.

I'll let you get back to straining to make your point, enjoy the match

No problem, if you want any more examples of things you said there weren’t any examples of then will be happy to oblige. Same goes for your sub standard wife.

• Haha 1

Just now, Sonny said:

No problem, if you want any more examples of things you said there weren’t any examples of then will be happy to oblige. Same goes for your sub standard wife.

listen fella.. if you want to get personal ill be at crosspool tavern at 2pm. otherwise STFU. fa**ot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1