New Stadium

Even if we were to defy all expectations and creep into the play-offs this season and go up, a stadium move would still be something that would be at least 7 or 8 years away, if ever.

I couldn't see the need for it until we'd be competing in the Premier League for at least 5/6 seasons and were well established there and even then I'd still be against it.

• Like 1

If we were ever to build a New Stadium in the next 20 years,please make sure that they don't ever consider putting a Athletics track in it because Football and Athletics clearly don't mix.Just ask the West Ham fans at the London Stadium.:tango:

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

Kop is much trickier - literally built on a mound of rubble, so I can't see them being able to do much to it structurally (ie. concourses etc, which are completely impractical even for the crowds we get now) without basically pulling it down and starting over. And there's very little room to build into, with the roadside being so close. I do wonder if they'd be better trying to build exits up and over, but we don't own the land on the other side AFAIK, and can't see the council agreeing to it. Even if they did, it'd be hellishly expensive. Not sure what the best solution is tbh.

Plenty of space at the kop end if the stand is flattened and the hill removed, which is what needs to happen.

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I think both city clubs will eventually move, us, probably for the reasons stated on here, and the piggies, because of the value in owning a city centre site, they will want to cash in at some point. I know it doesn’t happen in this country, but I wouldn’t be adverse to sharing a, state of the arts, City of Sheffield stadium. A flagship stadium with parking, and proper transport links.

Could also be used for concerts and other events, especially if it had a retractable roof. We could make the stadium self sufficient with solar panels ect.

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

As much as they go on about being in the city centre, as if the ground was bang next to the cathedral or something, it's not really, it's a trek from the centre in a run down grotty largely residential area.

But the lane is worth a fortune as prime lane for student apartments .

Hillsborough is by no means perfect and have to admit the Leppings Lane end being still largely the same since 1989 is embarrassing.

But if up to me wouldn't dream of moving. Sheffield Wednesday is Hillsborough and vice versa.

I honestly think Chansiri plan is for the club to move stadiums if we are a Premier Club for a few seasons.

Not going to make bold statements and say I would never set foot in a new stadium but I don't think I would be a regular.

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I think both city clubs will eventually move, us, probably for the reasons stated on here, and the piggies, because of the value in owning a city centre site, they will want to cash in at some point. I know it doesn’t happen in this country, but I wouldn’t be adverse to sharing a, state of the arts, City of Sheffield stadium. A flagship stadium with parking, and proper transport links.

Relatively speaking to other real estate in Sheffield there may be some added value in this but is there really that much additional vale in a site that it outside of the heart of a city centre that itself is woefully lacking in proper investment?

Who would be looking invest in that particular site at a premium price? 

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

I don't think I'd want to sit with people who couldn't be bothered to go and support the team before but suddenly decide to because it's a new stadium. Leave that to the plastic majority at Brighton and Hull who didn't want to know before they got new grounds.

I wouldn't want to turn away paying supporters but I get what you mean to an extent. I find it baffling that 'supporters' suddenly choose to go on watch their local team just because they have a new stadium. 

15 hours ago, jamthesun said:

There has been lots of discussion on here about a potential new stadium. Lot’s of people feel that new stadiums are soulless and characterless. 

I’ve seen some footage of the new Spurs ground and I have to say I think it looks fantastic. 

Thoughts?

Would love a new ground

16 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Could also be used for concerts and other events, especially if it had a retractable roof. We could make the stadium self sufficient with solar panels ect.

Shush. People dont like exploring other revenue options. Might ruin our lovely pitch

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

But the lane is worth a fortune as prime lane for student apartments .

Surely we will reach saturation point with that before long? There will be more student accommodation than residential dwellings soon!

No need to move stadium as the stadium is more than big enough for our needs. Only needs a lick of paint and maintenance. Hillsborough is one of the last proper football stadiums left. 4 big stands in a rectangle. Lets not change it until we are in the champions league every year and we suddenly need 60,000 seats. So that will be..........................................never. lol

Just now, tarn owl said:

No need to move stadium as the stadium is more than big enough for our needs. Only needs a lick of paint and maintenance. Hillsborough is one of the last proper football stadiums left. 4 big stands in a rectangle. Lets not change it until we are in the champions league every year and we suddenly need 60,000 seats. So that will be..........................................never. lol

Lick of paint..  .......

A forest fan I know said he was choosing to go to the sheff. Utd v forest game instead of the owls v forest because of how much hassle it is to get to Hillsborough. So there is a case of it putting people of going. 

• Haha 1