New Stadium

1 minute ago, keepitsteel89 said:

dont talk about peoples family just because you got ya sen in a spin about trying and failing to make a point on some forum.

Insult me on hear, ok, talk about my girl, then fuking DM me lad. lets meet

Alright calm down, we’ve already arranged it haven’t we. Save your anger for later ffs.

1 hour ago, Animis said:

I don't agree with this. 

Many clubs, including our peers have moved grounds or re-developed in the last 20 yrs without a hope in hell in champions league football. I agree that the top six clubs have significantly moved away from the rest in terms of revenue. We were the equals of Tottenham and Man City in the early 90s but time moves on.

Everton's plans are fantastic - a move to the up an coming docks area nearer the city is a good move and will enhance the fan experience with external facilities near the ground allowing travel and the 'day experience' to be far better. We rely on the match to provide that - the before and after the match experience is none-existent unless you are happy crammed into the ever decreasing number of grubby local pubs around the ground.

A decision will have to be made about Hillsborough in the next 5 yrs or so. Clearly promotion to the PL will accelerate this decision and action. It of course takes money. No one can be happy that we have had to live with the ridiculous seat-restricting consequences of the leppings lane end for 20 years. Today will be a move from the norm, in that the away fans actually get to use the bottom tier. This happens what; three times a season? It's a nonsense and we have to move on and get stadium and facilities that are fit for the next 50 years; not stuck in the 1980s.

The only real new build at Hillsborough is the North Stand built more than 55 years ago.

All the rest are add ons to the foundations of much much older structures.

There is no simple solution to updating Hillsborough to modern standards.

I'd be amazed if looking at the longer term of his project that the chairman hasn't considered a stadium move. Hillsborough is sadly outdated and as I've posted before the stigma of the disaster is something the club can't move on from unless there's a stadium move. I'm not sure even a revamp of the Leppings Lane stand would help them with this. Our History shows we've moved stadiums before and prospered, there's no reason why we can't do this again?

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

I’d definitely be in favour of a move away as long as it’s not to somewhere like the ones at Leicester, Coventry, Stoke, Rotherham and Doncaster 

This is my fear.

Our chairman has a penchent for doing stuff on the cheap. 

You can get rid of a couple of ill advised managerial appointments.

You are stuck with a new stadium. 

4 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I’d definitely be in favour of a move away as long as it’s not to somewhere like the ones at Leicester, Coventry, Stoke, Rotherham and Doncaster 

TBF the location of the New York Stadium is excellent and the ground itself is better than the scrubbers deserve!

Guest Grez Bez
13 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Agreed. Rotherham isn't too bad, good location and nice for a small club.

I'd like us to move to Neepsend if we did move.

Outskirts of city centre.

Near Hillsborough.

Next to Kelham Island.

On a train line (that will become a tram train). Near existing tram.

1658844003_NeepsendRoad.png.13a1430574f87d0c659082a9361c56da.png

2 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Near Hillsborough.

Next to Kelham Island.

This would be my absolute limit in distance for any proposed relocation 

16 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Near Hillsborough.

Next to Kelham Island.

You could also look to acquire the various industrial units on the south side of the river - opposite Wicks. This area being so close to Kelham island and all that is developing around there; the city centre; and links back up to Hillsborough is best location for me moving forward. There have been many poor examples of re-location - Bolton, Stoke etc, and we would need to get it right. 

Clearly, any move would need to be measured against staying and re-developing Hillsborough. My worry for Hillsborough is the site area restrictions but perhaps a good architect can get all the complimentary and revenue-driving facilities designed into the overall stadium design.

2 hours ago, mogbad said:

DC had the chance to buy it but turned it down.  Planning permission has been submitted by the current owners & it will cease to be the Wednesdayite car park at the end of this season.

More evidence to me that he doesn't see our long term future here. Or he doesn't plan to stay around long enough for it to matter. 

Wouldn't have let such an opportunity go otherwise.