New Stadium

What we need is a ground that caters for your modern fan.

Food outlets with lots cod Yorkshire slogans on the chalk boards. "Be reyt have a Sunday dinner tortilla wrap mi love"

All locally sourced etc etc. 

Our own brewery that makes beer with no malt in. Because even though hops were originally a preservative, that's become  all people are bothered about these days. Beer that tastes like out of date Opal Fruits and has the appearance of flat lager.  It should also have a farmers market 4 times a week. 

It should have a tattoo parlour too and a hairdressers and beard trimming shop decked out in 1800's furniture and offering a shoe cobbling service while you wait.  

It should definitely have some chump playing decks in every corner of the ground. Because nothing quite says match day like jazz blended with drill.

There should be a concert room for annual festivals of music.  There should be loads of interactive stuff too like ironic table football games scattered all around the place. 

A spa and where folks can relax and drink gin (made of site) and prosecution bar for the ladies. 

There should also be a knitting room because knitting it like, really a thing now, and it's for men and women and is brilliant for wellness. 

There should be a huge car park with plenty of room for VW campervans and converted Leyland Daf transits. 

There should also be a burlesque bar for tattooed lasses with big hips. It's about women taking ownership of the image of women's sexuality and empowerment , unlike common strippers who bring areas down.

It should also have some big industrial brick chimneys built in, even though it's a new build, preferably in the twisted Victorian styling as an irrelevant nod to the cities past.

All the concourse walkways should have all their cabling and tray Wark on show and not have a dropped ceiling in sight.

These cavernous areas should be lit in every part of the ground by fairylights to create that ambiance so loved these days. 

All ale should be served in those dimpled tankards they used to sup out of on all Creatures Great and small.

I know that some people might say proper glasses shouldn't be allowed in the ground for safety reasons but that can be negated by not having a pitch or a football team and merely watching young people play FIFA ON giant TV screens on match day. 

Should also save on the wage bill and FFP by having no actual human players on the books.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

What we need is a ground that caters for your modern fan.

Food outlets with lots cod Yorkshire slogans on the chalk boards. "Be reyt have a Sunday dinner tortilla wrap mi love"

All locally sourced etc etc. 

Our own brewery that makes beer with no malt in. Because even though hops were originally a preservative, that's become  all people are bothered about these days. Beer that tastes like out of date Opal Fruits and has the appearance of flat lager.  It should also have a farmers market 4 times a week. 

It should have a tattoo parlour too and a hairdressers and beard trimming shop decked out in 1800's furniture and offering a shoe cobbling service while you wait.  

It should definitely have some chump playing decks in every corner of the ground. Because nothing quite says match day like jazz blended with drill.

There should be a concert room for annual festivals of music.  There should be loads of interactive stuff too like ironic table football games scattered all around the place. 

A spa and where folks can relax and drink gin (made of site) and prosecution bar for the ladies. 

There should also be a knitting room because knitting it like, really a thing now, and it's for men and women and is brilliant for wellness. 

There should be a huge car park with plenty of room for VW campervans and converted Leyland Daf transits. 

There should also be a burlesque bar for tattooed lasses with big hips. It's about women taking ownership of the image of women's sexuality and empowerment , unlike common strippers who bring areas down.

It should also have some big industrial brick chimneys built in, even though it's a new build, preferably in the twisted Victorian styling as an irrelevant nod to the cities past.

All the concourse walkways should have all their cabling and tray Wark on show and not have a dropped ceiling in sight.

These cavernous areas should be lit in every part of the ground by fairylights to create that ambiance so loved these days. 

All ale should be served in those dimpled tankards they used to sup out of on all Creatures Great and small.

I know that some people might say proper glasses shouldn't be allowed in the ground for safety reasons but that can be negated by not having a pitch or a football team and merely watching young people play FIFA ON giant TV screens on match day. 

Should also save on the wage bill and FFP by having no actual human players on the books.

It's a fair stretch from running out of pies before halftime...to that.

40 minutes ago, VBQ24 said:

More evidence to me that he doesn't see our long term future here. Or he doesn't plan to stay around long enough for it to matter. 

Wouldn't have let such an opportunity go otherwise. 

To be fair to DC the land was sold pretty soon after he arrived so I suspect he was still in the process of assessing our infrastructure & his options.

I do agree with you though that the lack of any real work on Hillsborough would suggest he sees our future at another stadium.  Personally I would have thought the time to redevelop Hillsborough would be before we reach the Premier.  If we redevelop in the Premier we're going to have a reduced capacity for at least 2 or 3 years, at a time when we should be maximising our income.

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It's a fair stretch from running out of pies before halftime...to that.

Won't run out of the new pies though.

Locally sourced pies Costello.

With lashings of relish.

Sorry. I mean.

"Hendos"

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Won't run out of the new pies though.

Locally sourced pies Costello.

With lashings of relish.

Sorry. I mean.

"Hendos"

giphy.gif

The world belongs to the young m'lud.

Accept it like I've done and enjoy your own amused bewilderment.

Btw..The 2 Ronnie's (Pickering) have had me in gales .. keep it up lads...:tango:

Edited by Costello 77

A colleague went there for the first match and says it’s fantastic.

Providing the architects/designers get it right it can make a huge difference.

Hillsborough has been a great but it’s in a tired state, needs a lot of work etc.

If we did stay the Leppings Lane and the Kop both need a complete rebuild.

Otherwise a move elsewhere would be a good thing imo.

A decade ago very few people would have been willing to move away from Hillsborough, but the last 10 years of minimal renovation has significantly increased the number of people who can see a future elsewhere.

If we still haven't carried out major upgrades to the stadium in another 10 years I expect the vast majority of fans will be open to a move.

This is not a criticism against Mr. Chansiri, he's put more money into our facilities in the last 3 years then we've probably spent every other year since '96 combined.

1 minute ago, Dan™ said:

A decade ago very few people would have been willing to move away from Hillsborough, but the last 10 years of minimal renovation has significantly increased the number of people who can see a future elsewhere.

If we still haven't carried out major upgrades to the stadium in another 10 years I expect the vast majority of fans will be open to a move.

This is not a criticism against Mr. Chansiri, he's put more money into our facilities in the last 3 years then we've probably spent every other year since '96 combined.

who pays for it?

1 hour ago, keepitsteel89 said:

well in my defense the guys randomly slagged off my girl, so I gave him an opportunity to say it to my face. If I have to fight this guy due to an owlstalk discussion ill get someone to video it and maybe we could have fight club section added to the forum haha

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

No problem, if you want any more examples of things you said there weren’t any examples of then will be happy to oblige. Same goes for your sub standard wife.

3 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

listen fella.. if you want to get personal ill be at crosspool tavern at 2pm. otherwise STFU. fa**ot

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Deal - will look forward to it.

Will you be wearing your cheap aftershave?

Dm me ill give you my number we can have a lil straightener yh? 

dont talk about peoples family just because you got ya sen in a spin about trying and failing to make a point on some forum.

Insult me on hear, ok, talk about my girl, then fuking DM me lad. lets meet

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Alright calm down, we’ve already arranged it haven’t we. Save your anger for later ffs.

2 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

dont act bad pal

Old Ladies Fighting GIF - OldLadies Fighting Old GIFs

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Its funny you should ask because a mate of mine asked me the same question the other day.

I told him to leave me alone.

Then a few minuets later I asked him why he was ignoring me..

I'll try that with the wife