New Stadium

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Leaving Hillsborough will be a horrible, gut wrenching day, but I think it's absolutely delusional to think the club shouldn't consider moving or that Hillsborough will be our home forever. It's possible to be both emotionally attached to Hillsborough and hate the idea of leaving it, while also recognising that almost all logic points to us being better off if we moved.

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

In the dizzy heights of our Premier League days, we never achieved an average attendance figure of 30,000, so why not look at replacing Leppings Lane, smartening up the Kop and building a state of the art training facility?

Build a world renowned physio suite where players are immersed in water sourced from Lourdes. Fix Abdi and co and sell them for a huge profit. Reinvest the money into D-parking charging £20 a match. FFP sorted in months few. Club needs a blue-sky thinker like me! :duntmatter:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Build a world renowned physio suite where players are immersed in water sourced from Lourdes. Fix Abdi and co and sell them for a huge profit. Reinvest the money into D-parking charging £20 a match. FFP sorted in months few. Club needs a blue-sky thinker like me! :duntmatter:

See the source image

• Haha 4

Guest Grez Bez
27 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

The Kop is not square to Penistone road. You would have no space at all to do this at the corner of the Kop and North.

Exactly

You don't need space near the North as there's tonnes near the south.

You can fit 4/5 stories given the height.

This image shows all the free space around our ground. Stands don't need to be square to the pitch.

post-22045-0-31494200-1430850297.png

Edited by Grez Bez

35 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Loads of room behind the kop if we built to Penistone Road

5.thumb.png.55c9adcce2bbd346ad306b6e111d8369.png6.thumb.png.087a2e613e1e9dfabc4249637d9f8161.png7.thumb.png.006e003681e51187773288d90be00d19.png

Nothing says forward thinking like hover people.

6.png.9dcb91aceb87df484a95061d27b08ddf.png

Edited by NYCOWL
  • Haha 5

Guest Grez Bez
6 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Nothing says forward thinking like hover people.

6.png.9dcb91aceb87df484a95061d27b08ddf.png

Disclaimer. I am not an artist of any kind!

39 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

I was with you till the "Fix Abdi" bit.

lol

• Haha 2

I would hate to leave Hillsborough and I would welcome any plans which could bring it up to scratch. 

On the stadium tour we were told Chansiri is considering all options but has identified two sites, one in Carbrook and another between J34 and J35 of the M1. 

Would be a gut wrenching day should we ever leave. Couldn't bare to hear the final final whistle. 

We can improve our current stadium to make it more modern without losing any character.

Replace the Leppings Lane with a bigger stand, sort out the corners, remove Kop Pillars whilst extending the Kop back a bit further and we could get 47,500 or so.

All ready for when we go up.

2 hours ago, LSOwls said:

Exactly

You don't need space near the North as there's tonnes near the south.

You can fit 4/5 stories given the height.

This image shows all the free space around our ground. Stands don't need to be square to the pitch.

post-22045-0-31494200-1430850297.png

It helps though...

Image result for weird football ground stands away from the pitch

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, shandypants said:

Tottenham’s new stadium is a middle-class twerp’s wet dream. Fvvck that! Football should be tribal not comfortable! Double Fvvck that! Give me Hillsborough any day. 

The word "twerp" is not used nearly enough these days.  "Chump" is another one. Bring back twerp and chump I say.

And, for what it's worth I agree wholeheartedly with you.

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Yet the average premier league attendance has gone from 30000 in 1999 to 38000 today. Not unrealistic to think our average would reflect that increase.

Its not about capacity anyway, it’s about having a stadium that secures a prosperous future for the club (and that the authorities will actually allow us to fully utilise).

That last sentence is key There seems to be no sign of the stigma surrounding Hillsborough, even starting to abate. That shapes the thinking regarding any decisions needed to made about the site

2 hours ago, Eastern said:

We can improve our current stadium to make it more modern without losing any character.

Replace the Leppings Lane with a bigger stand, sort out the corners, remove Kop Pillars whilst extending the Kop back a bit further and we could get 47,500 or so.

All ready for when we go up.

47500? Why would we need that. We're probably a 30/32000 attendance club if we got back in the Prem. If we could modernise and get a 35000 capacity then that should be good enough. Going for 47000+ would be a total waste of money. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

47500? Why would we need that. We're probably a 30/32000 attendance club if we got back in the Prem. If we could modernise and get a 35000 capacity then that should be good enough. Going for 47000+ would be a total waste of money. 

You get a 30/35000 average by big crowds balancing out the lower ones . Don’t you think we would get 45/50000 for big games in the premier league of which there are more than when we last played in it. A stadium isn’t just for games against Burnley, Bournemouth etc but also Man U , Liverpool and the other big clubs. Also any success would see our fan base grow in what is a much bigger competition than what it was the last time we played in it