We have a chance...

Pre Christmas we were miles away in every aspect.. 

Now we've momentum, we're 7 unbeated,players beginning to regain form, looking solid at the back and strikers beginning to find the back of the net again as Bruce's plans and tactics get integrated were only going to get better. If we can win the next two, confidence high and we'll be one of the form teams in the league, so why not?, we've given ourselves a chance, but now the players need to step up and grasp that chance with both hands and see where we can go from here. 

Nobody knows what the result will be. Nerves, mistakes, flashes of brilliance or bad refereeing can all affect the result. Before Christmas I wouldn't have fancied our chances but now it's all to play for.

Hillsborough will be rocking, get off on the front foot and it stay rocking. Bring it on.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stoop said:

We need Reach to show abit of aggression on Monday night, all too often he’s the most polite player on the pitch. No room for that in a derby

No way will that happen. It's not in his nature. 

3 hours ago, Nut said:

That's very true..he saves himself for smacking screamers in and other important goals... and doing the nuts and bolts jobs all over the park... he's got a very good chance of sinking dem blades tonight imo.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

when did sheff utd become barcleona of the north ,lets not do a carlos the clown and let the opposition worry about us 

4 hours ago, Nut said:

41 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

That's very true..he saves himself for smacking screamers in and other important goals... and doing the nuts and bolts jobs all over the park... he's got a very good chance of sinking dem blades tonight imo.

Better said than I ever could, regarding both Reach and the match which is now in our sights.

I don't think the SWFC First 11 are worried, other than what Bruce will think of them, neither do I think the Players are going in looking to just make it out alive,  they'll be going in with every intention of winning, and improving the GD.

My how things have changed over the last month.

If this game had been scheduled at the back end of last year, I would have given us no chance whatsoever.

BUT, we are a very different team now. We are by no means world beaters, but we are playing with a lot more belief and confidence, and those two factors can galvanise a playing squad to achieve more than many think possible.

Tonight is by no means going to be a walk over for us, it is going to be difficult, but for the first time in many, many months, there is an optimism surrounding the team, and hard as it might well be, I do think we will win, not by a landslide, but by doing our job professionally and with spirit.

• Like 1