We have a chance...

Realistic or not..... 6 weeks ago we was miles off where we are now.... these next 2 games..... think the unthinkable....how many of us would of taken just a slim chance of getting the playoffs.... this chance has now arrived....... Monday night.... do we want it?? Do we want to be fighting it out with everyone else for 6th place? This is our shot..... down to you boys..... ps I'll have another tanquerrry bar man.... WAWAW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Draw keeps us interested...... win and we are properly in the mix..... defeat and we would most likely need to win the next 3 to get back in again..... Monday is our chance to be a playoff contender...... 4 points with 11 games to go..... imagine the goodwill and positive vibes if we was to win Monday...... 

• Like 1

It's like Bruce said, to paraphrase, "let's just do our best and see what happens", when asked about Wednesday's chances during one of his many interviews.  He didn't, and hasn't, said SWFC has a chance, or not, but looking at what he's done so far, I think even Bruce thinks we still have a chance.  It's a tight Table, and GD is playing a very influential role.  Points-wise, SWFC is in the race, but GD will kill you every time, as @alanharper pointed out to me a while back.  

On the upside, Wednesday is starting to make a serious dent in the negative GD, last two matches we've gained 4.  Not bad, and neither were the Opponents.  We're about to find out if Wednesday can beat a top-2 Club.  I don't think United can "afford" to lose this match, because never mind the top-2, the top-4 is up for grabs, but, GD is of paramount importance even in the top-4.  

I like Wednesday's chances against United, and making the playoffs.

I think every team they play is failing to cope with their middle of the park.

So they have Norwood and Fleck with Duffy in front. If Hutchinson man marks Duffy, that leaves Bannan to chase shadows between Fleck and Norwood. That allows United to play a very high pressing game because of the space they have and it's why they create so many chances, pinning teams back.

They're beating 9 teams out of 10, because to compete with them - you need to match their tactics - and how can you do it better than a team that plays it week in, week out?

Jos generally got it right in the big games, Reach goes in the middle to support Bannan with Hutchinson mopping up. 

Would be an absolute school boy error failing to address this.

• Like 1

The pigs are a highly motivated and pretty skilful team with a burning desire to beat us.

Derby have just been humiliated by Villa and will be desperate to make up for that performance.....if we win our next two games then I will really start to believe.

But whatever happens over the next few weeks I feel safe in the knowledge that the good times are on the way back.

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

So they have Norwood and Fleck with Duffy in front. If Hutchinson man marks Duffy, that leaves Bannan to chase shadows between Fleck and Norwood. That allows United to play a very high pressing game because of the space they have and it's why they create so many chances, pinning teams back.

They're beating 9 teams out of 10, because to compete with them - you need to match their tactics - and how can you do it better than a team that plays it week in, week out?

Jos generally got it right in the big games, Reach goes in the middle to support Bannan with Hutchinson mopping up. 

I  agree, but under Bruce, SWFC is not the same as under Jos, at all, and the results confirm this viewpoint.  I think United is a little concerned about Monday Night Football, because it's not the same Wednesday. This Wednesday Bruce Squad, attacks, regardless of the Opponent, whom Bruce probably already knows.  United ain't nothin' special.

3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

We need Reach to show abit of aggression on Monday night, all too often he’s the most polite player on the pitch. No room for that in a derby

Edited by Stoop

It'll be interesting to see which Forestieri turns up on the night. May be the difference to whether we win or lose? That said I think Hutchinson's performance will also be a big factor and Fletcher at the moment is playing like a man possessed so I expect him to play a big role. I also expect Westwood to be striving big time for a clean sheet after having them stick four past him last time. This all points towards a good performance and result for me lol

13 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

Just be happy to see us in their half - not like the disgusting tactics in the previous two games

Disgusting tactics :laugh:

With the players we had available for both fixtures we'd have been ripped to shreds if we'd gone at them. We're still going to be playing on the counter attack tomorrow, they'll most likely dominate possession. 

We will win no problems, 3-1 my guess.

Technically and quality wise, our squad is way ahead of Blades mob and Brucey will galvanise this for victory.

Of course, in terms of motivation, momentum, team spirit etc Wilder was way ahead of what Jos could produce but Steve's here just in time.

Fletch brace.

Point is they’ve been beaten a few times this season. They’re not unbeatable and we’re not the mugs we were under Jos. And even under Jos they failed to score against us...they had a free hit almost with a penalty and still couldn’t.

This is the best team that’s played them since they got promoted. 

That said. They should be beating us if they have top two hopes. Norwich swept us aside and they SHOULD be doing that.

I just think we’ll sneak it. 2-1