Attack Attack Attack

44 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Honestly didn't realise Bruce was such an attack minded manager did you? 

So refreshing to see. 

We haven't been this attacking since..when? . I can't even remember. 

Held a high line yesterday, great to see so many players playing in their half (at the same time) in support when attacking.   Much better than the shi**ing dog formation just outside our own penalty box under joz...! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Honestly didn't realise Bruce was such an attack minded manager did you? 

So refreshing to see. 

We haven't been this attacking since..when? . I can't even remember. 

I think Bruce simply sees the situation for what it is.

Not going down, only option is to go for whatever you can get..Its a long shot, but whats the point of not giving it a go?

Just now, Womble Owl said:

2nd half kick off,  no pass backwards, Fernando goes straight on an attacking run. 

That summed it up for me. 

i've always thought the fecking chip into touch kick off is a waste of possession

the occasional step up to take them on if there's a gap  might work with someone with pace

Guest wilyfox
42 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Thought last night felt like the early days of Carlos again when we pressed from the start of games and put teams on the back foot.

Bruce will probarbly take the game to the opposites, absolutely sure. Bannan will play deep offensive, first choice to the position, with Forestieri pace to the attack will find the spaces, absolutely sure.

Probarbly 

25 minutes ago, Womble Owl said:

2nd half kick off,  no pass backwards, Fernando goes straight on an attacking run. 

That summed it up for me. 

It's not just that though; when we have a throw in it more often than not goes forward rather than backwards to one of the back four, then back to the keeper.

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The addition of pace into the team has had a massive effect .

the mind numbing sideways passing until closed down and then hoof forward -having to score 2 to draw  v pressing, pace and forward progressive passes and continual cleen sheets 

not much change really 

1 hour ago, owls-swfc said:

Held a high line yesterday, great to see so many players playing in their half (at the same time) in support when attacking.   Much better than the shi**ing dog formation just outside our own penalty box under joz...! 

Great to see Hutchinson tackling and breaking up attacks around the half way line then haring forward to press their keeper.

Always worries me when he plays deep and lunges in around the penalty area. 

So much has changed in Brucie’s short time here.

than Brucie’s 

We need to see if it continues.

We didn’t play this way prior to last two games which have been against two sides which like to play football from the back.

Like sides did to us when Jos had us doing it the obvious thing to do is press high and try and force the errors. It has worked.

We need to keep doing it