FA Cup - Mick on Talksport

4 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

As soon as bright scored I turned to my mate to tell him our name was on the Cup, I was almost right 

My dad said the same to me, I don't think I've ever gotten over losing that final 

20 hours ago, BIG D said:

One of my favourites and almost up there with the 5 games v Arsenal is beating Palace 3-2 in extra time at Villa Park in the second replay.

Is that when Brian Joicey scored a hat trick?

20 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I'm not sure why but one of my favourite memories was Mark Brights winner in front of the Kop, in stoppage time against Sunderland in 1993.

My memory of this game was the Sunderland support that day. For noise it was the best I’ve ever heard at Hillsborough from away fans. As for the game, Wednesday did everything but score and it looked like a replay until Norman dropped that cross and

Bright pounced in the last few seconds.

Edited by sexpistol

10 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I was ball boy at the Kip End for the Southampton game in 84. Wore a pair of brand new gleaming white trainers so I could be seen on TV. Got on to the pitch near corner flag to retrieve a ball that had cannoned off the advertising hoardings. Still have the VHS. Happy days. 

Did you play for Middlewood Rovers? I think they were still the ball boys back then. My best mate often was a ball boy in them days.

On 04/01/2019 at 11:46, HIGHERSTATE said:

My favourite rounds growing up were always the 3rd round and the semi final.

3rd round as anything could happen with any team involved.  And the semi final because it was always a massive occasion and the winner used to get their trip to Wembley if they won.  It was great to see Hillsbro/Villa Park/Old Trafford etc buzzing.

The Palace/Liverpool & Oldham/ManU semi final day was probably the best football viewing day you could wish for.  Had everything.

And the 86 final-Spurs/Coventry was the most exciting and entertaining final.

I used to have these feelings also but sadly I care less about the FA Cup as each season passes. PL clubs and even Championship clubs playing weakened teams and the scheduling of games at differing times over many days have combined to make me lose interest in it.

• Like 1