Has there ever ?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

That works out at £1.47 per person, per game over the course of a season. I’m not exactly Alan Sugar but they’re gonna need to sell about 23 shirts per fan to break even at that rate.

lol

Not saying that it makes economic sense - just that it shows how far out of step with reality we are

1 hour ago, leicesterowl said:

Forest 2 x FULL u23 season tickets @ £100 each + 2 x junior FULL season tickets @ £ 35 each =   £270

I'm certainly not going to argue our prices are anything but a joke, and yes Chansiri is taking the wee wee. I personally struggle with the cost of keeping our 3 kids coming, and they are aged between 21 and 8 (I know, I have no right to critises anyone else's breeding habits!)

But 4-11's by the forest website £10 for a full season ticket, or half free with junior membership (£25).

I work with red dogs and sheep shaggers and have boringly talked ticket prices at length. I was under the impression for £25 red dog junior membership, your season or half season pass came free? Plus not to many 23 year old couples have kids age 4-11?

As noted, I've no agenda supporting our prices, but the example you quote suggests you have?

Our prices are dog poo I don't think anyone would argue against that.

Edited by Anus

30 minutes ago, steelowl said:

fair comment that having had sooo many years without cash when we finally got some  it would raise everyone' s expectations DC's stated target in 3 years was exciting 

interesting that in the full retrospective knowledge of what the costs are who would support the all in gamble that DC did ?

DC’s gamble took us to within 90 minutes of reaching the Premiership and the most exciting year of football I can remember for a very long time - we are currently in a mess but so many fans seem to have forgotten very quickly how very close he took us. Bad advice has a lot to answer for.

I really don’t mind the prices and would pay more if we were playing the football we were in that first season but won’t be renewing as things stand, but I still have to give DC credit for that season and hope in time he can get it right.

1 minute ago, Anus said:

I'm certainly not going to argue our prices are anything but a joke, and yes Chansiri is taking the wee wee. I personally struggle with the cost of keeping our 3 kids coming, and they are aged between 21 and 8 (I know, I have no right to critises anyone else's breading habits!)

But 4-11's by the forest website £10 for a full season ticket, or half free with junior membership (£25).

I work with red dogs and sheep shaggers and have boringly talked ticket prices at length. I was under the impression for £25 red dog junior membership, your season or half season pass came free? Plus not to many 23 year old couples have kids age 4-11?

As noted, I've no agenda supporting our prices, but the example you quote suggests you have?

Our prices are dog poo I don't think anyone would argue against that.

No agenda - just the prices being paid by friends at Forest who are gobsmacked at the prices we are paying

15 minutes ago, leicesterowl said:

Okay I can be arsed cos you are so bottom

SWFC 2x Full  U25 season ticket £870  2x Full junior season ticket £225 = £ 1,095       

Forest  2  Full  U23 season ticket  £ 200  2x full junior season ticket  £70  = £    270

That looks sooooo much better

Care to press your agenda further Mr Chansiri ??

I think people don't mind paying (to a certain level) if the product it there.  

I don't know how Forest can actually run the business based on those figures. £270 is the sort of price you'd expect at Burton Albion - 15 years ago.  It's cheaper than half season tickets at Burton this season.

https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/news/2018/november/1611-seasontickets/

3 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Personally I think throwing phrases around like Birth Right is overly romanticising things  lol

Call it what you want - we are alienating the current generation of fans by our pricing policy

I am fortunate that iI can afford to pay for season tickets for myself and both sons  (£1500 + per season)  -  i am also astute enough to understand that many can't afford this meaning that the club will lose the next generation of supporters as a result of this short sighted and greedy approach to pricing

3 minutes ago, leicesterowl said:

Call it what you want - we are alienating the current generation of fans by our pricing policy

I am fortunate that iI can afford to pay for season tickets for myself and both sons  (£1500 + per season)  -  i am also astute enough to understand that many can't afford this meaning that the club will lose the next generation of supporters as a result of this short sighted and greedy approach to pricing

I do scratch my head regards our commercial direction.

Is this KM's input ?

What exactly TF is she doing anyway ?

18 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Personally I think throwing phrases around like Birth Right is overly romanticising things  lol

Before the days of booking online I've seen supporters queuing up at 4 in the morning for cup tickets. Cup tickets away at Bradford. I was there too, I was one of the idiots who revelled in taking their shirt off on a cold January night at Derby a few years ago and a month later set off to Swindon at 5 O'clock on a Tuesday night, to get there for the last 20 minutes.

I'm certainly older now and a bit wiser, but as Bill Shankly hinted, to some people this game we follow is very important. A religion, their main focus of the week / month / year / life.

Is that being overly romantic ?

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

41 minutes ago, leicesterowl said:

Okay I can be arsed cos you are so bottom

SWFC 2x Full  U25 season ticket £870  2x Full junior season ticket £225 = £ 1,095       

Forest  2  Full  U23 season ticket  £ 200  2x full junior season ticket  £70  = £    270

That looks sooooo much better

Care to press your agenda further Mr Chansiri ??

What areas of the ground are each of them? What are the age categories of the junior tickets?

Could you post links to your sources too please?

6 hours ago, leicesterowl said:

Well said.

Short term gain, long term pain that many on here warned about when the pricing structure was brought in. 

You still have to get context in this. The additional revenue that said system is likely to have brought in (if it indeed has) is probably less than the combined wages of 2 players currently "Not being selected"

In the context of our costs and the shortfall topped up by DC it is not significant

9 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Has there ever been a time when the club has been so disconnected with the core fan base.

We've got a manager telling us to face reality, at the same time the club are trying to sell 1/2 season tickets in the north for £325

Laughable or just downright disrespectful ?

325 quid !

It's outrageously insulting, and taking the piiss.

After bleating on for three years about the the fans backing him financially, and you get what you pay for, it stinks big time. 

8 hours ago, leicesterowl said:

are you hard of thinking ? or have you not read the previous posts which include the maths - just doesn't make for good reading !!

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2018/february/forest-announce-2018-19-season-card-prices/

Where are the £35 junior season tickets? 

4-11 £10 or 12-17 £50?

Your original point would have been even stronger had you used Forests actual prices. Because then your young couple that would have knocked out two kids by the age of 17 would have benefited from full season tickets for;

2 X 18-23 @ £100 = £200

2 X 4-12 @ £10 = £20

So £220 overall making our prices seem even more daft. Granted it requires a solid commitment to early parenting, but fair play to Forest for having a better run club than us.

8 hours ago, Ash76 said:

What areas of the ground are each of them? What are the age categories of the junior tickets?

Could you post links to your sources too please?

Ours are in the North -they are in the Brian Clough stand but as you can see from the link they could be almost anywhere

1 x u17 1 x u11 (I see that I have overpriced the Forest tickets by £10)

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2018/february/forest-announce-2018-19-season-card-prices/

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/season-ticket-prices-frozen/

9 hours ago, Spookone said:

Romanticising?

My grandaughter's got one on her head, She's only 6 months old, parents say that when her hair grows it will cover it.

12 hours ago, leicesterowl said:

Just to give this some perspective - spoke to some Forest fans on Saturday 2 x adult season tickets 2x junior season tickets £270 - that is  4 FULL season tickets for less than one HALF season ticket - just let that sink in !!  Chansiri is taking the pissssss 

Just shows how out of touch Chansiri is with reality.