Roland Nilsson

As some have implied we can bandy names abiut all day long. The problem is our chairman and who's "helping him" to make decisions. I just don't see him as being capable of finding the right man or fit for our new manager. 

If Doyen are still involved heavily, we're going to end up with another no mark Doyen man who nobody else wants. 

If it's our chairman himself and Katrien, he's going to pick someone he likes again, rather than the "Right fit" for what we need both right now and going into the future. 

My personal choice would be a big character, the sort of man that Dosent suffer fools, or tolerate incompetence, yet at the same time knows how to converse with such people to get them to do what he needs them to do without upsetting or falling out with them. 

Big Ron was a master at this, I'm obviously not suggesting to bring Atkinson back out of retirement, more that that's the sort of character I think we need. 

6 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Can see it now, DC gets a whisper of the mounting campaign for Roland as boss, talks to his people and says "Go get me Roland!"

Turns up at the Fans Forum 48 hours afer the departure of Jos, opens the meeting and says the new boss is exactly who you all want and he's here right now.  Shouts, Happy Christmas! Here's Rolaaaaaaaaaaaand, pulls back the curtain and presents:

IMG_7132.JPG

I'd be more expecting this guy lol

F14F9501-062C-7CAB-8D02AA9804F73FAE.jpg

• Haha 3

Roland is certainly a credible candidate. 

But the fpp, transfer embargo and other issues that I don't really understand need to be sorted first.

This squad needs rebuilding, if a new manager, any new manager is not given the tools to do this he will fail. 

8 hours ago, Morepork said:

I think it's easy to throw some of these names in the hat if you never saw them play. When you have good memories of a player, you're a little more reticent about seeing those memories smashed into a thousand pieces by a short stint in the S6 hot seat......

Wouldn’t be a problem for me. I still have good memories of a certain Danny Wilson as a player in a very good side rather than an inept Manager.