Roland Nilsson

Sweden's U21 manager, good record since his early days in tricky times at Coventry, would reignite everyones fire.

I know he's foreign and some will say they wouldn't want to tarnish the memories but he's a far better shout than Sheridan or Waddle, has equal legendary status and he can bring a load of Swedish young uns who will run their fluffy, blondebollocks off for him and us and now Sheffield has an Ikea his missus will soon settle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Dan Pet Rescue as well. He was almost appointed when we got Carlos, will be interesting to see if he is linked again. 

I'd rather have Nilsson than someone like Megson.

Your not the only one .

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Sweden's U21 manager, good record since his early days in tricky times at Coventry, would reignite everyones fire.

I know he's foreign and some will say they wouldn't want to tarnish the memories but he's a far better shout than Sheridan or Waddle, has equal legendary status and he can bring a load of Swedish young uns who will run their fluffy, blondebollocks off for him and us and now Sheffield has an Ikea his missus will soon settle.

This Thead has now being moved to the Dressing Room 

:Pelupessy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Seriously good suggestion, SoB. Did Roland carry on playing after he left us ? Can.t remember owt these feckin days lol 

FFP
P'n'S
FFS

I think it's easy to throw some of these names in the hat if you never saw them play. When you have good memories of a player, you're a little more reticent about seeing those memories smashed into a thousand pieces by a short stint in the S6 hot seat......

6 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I think it's easy to throw some of these names in the hat if you never saw them play. When you have good memories of a player, you're a little more reticent about seeing those memories smashed into a thousand pieces by a short stint in the S6 hot seat......

on the other hand, he could be the one to sort the club out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

I think I've supported The Wednesday for about the same as you Morepork. 52 years in my case. Seen most of our players during that time, and even have some good memories of some of the worst players we've had. I know how our previous forays in the "ex player becomes manager scenarios"with most of them disastrous. 

However, Nillson seems like a good candidate, and can you imagine his staus here if he was to go on and be a success. Even for just a few seasons.

Anyways, the man is already a legend for me and nothing would change that. UTO

FFP
P'n'S

FFS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1963owl said:

on the other hand, he could be the one to sort the club out

He could, but let's be honest. If JL goes before we address the multitude of issues facing us at the moment the next guy through the door is almost certainly in for an equally rough ride. If we are going to throw our eggs in the basket of someone fans respect as a former player I'd like to see them given the best possible chance of succeeding. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

He could, but let's be honest. If JL goes before we address the multitude of issues facing us at the moment the next guy through the door is almost certainly in for an equally rough ride. If we are going to throw our eggs in the basket of someone fans respect as a former player I'd like to see them given the best possible chance of succeeding. 

fair point mate

7 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

I think I've supported The Wednesday for about the same as you Morepork. 52 years in my case. Seen most of our players during that time, and even have some good memories of some of the worst players we've had. I know how our previous forays in the "ex player becomes manager scenarios"with most of them disastrous. 

However, Nillson seems like a good candidate, and can you imagine his staus here if he was to go on and be a success. Even for just a few seasons.

Anyways, the man is already a legend for me and nothing would change that. UTO

FFP
P'n'S

FFS

Cheeky monkey Cognac!!! I am at least 3 years younger than you.... lol I'm not saying RN isn't a good or viable option, just that I'd prefer him to be given at least half a chance of doing well. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

Can see it now, DC gets a whisper of the mounting campaign for Roland as boss, talks to his people and says "Go get me Roland!"

Turns up at the Fans Forum 48 hours afer the departure of Jos, opens the meeting and says the new boss is exactly who you all want and he's here right now.  Shouts, Happy Christmas! Here's Rolaaaaaaaaaaaand, pulls back the curtain and presents:

IMG_7132.JPG

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3