Sheffield Wednesday - V- Franks Lampards Derby OMDT

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Did Jos tell Hector to let ball bounce?

Did he tell Forestieri miss an absolute sitter?

Did he start with Fox and Baker does he throw untried youngsters in too soon ? Are his formations and player selections puzzling , do we ever have the same side 2 games running ? Did Jos go against his thought process in starting with both Fessi and Matias ,just back from injuries,  when did they last start a game ? . I am all for giving a manager time but I can’t agree with so many of Jos’s tactics I find it difficult to defend him , we are 3 points off the relegation zone with a goal difference of minus 10 !! Time to prove himself as a good manager now or resign I reckon 

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Did he start with Fox and Baker does he throw untried youngsters in too soon ? Are his formations and player selections puzzling , do we ever have the same side 2 games running ? Did Jos go against his thought process in starting with both Fessi and Matias ,just back from injuries,  when did they last start a game ? . I am all for giving a manager time but I can’t agree with so many of Jos’s tactics I find it difficult to defend him , we are 3 points off the relegation zone with a goal difference of minus 10 !! Time to prove himself as a good manager now or resign I reckon 

You can't blame him for throwing in young players. Can't believe we've gone from moaning at someone not playing them to now moaning at him playing them lol

90% of managers don't start the same team. This isn't 1982 anymore. Come into the 21st century football world.

Did you honestly think this season was gonna go any different? We weren't gonna finish top 6, top half at a push. One of Jos's problems is unrealistic expectations from supporters. Which is Wednesdayites through and through really lol

Who out there, who would realistically come, is better? Nowt will change whether Jos is manager or not.

Eighteenth in the league with the joint third worst goal difference doesn’t bode well, does it? However we were beaten 1-2 by a better side, and actually had our chances, would a new manager have made the difference? DC will make his decision soon, it might well be to keep Jos, the possibility of another manager that we have never heard of doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence, I’m a great believer in asking he who got us into this mess to get us out of it, what confuses me is if it’s Jos or DC that I should be addressing the question to. 

Edited by optimisticowl

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You can't blame him for throwing in young players. Can't believe we've gone from moaning at someone not playing them to now moaning at him playing them lol

90% of managers don't start the same team. This isn't 1982 anymore. Come into the 21st century football world.

Did you honestly think this season was gonna go any different? We weren't gonna finish top 6, top half at a push. One of Jos's problems is unrealistic expectations from supporters. Which is Wednesdayites through and through really lol

Who out there, who would realistically come, is better? Nowt will change whether Jos is manager or not.

So you think we are on course then , just above relegation leaking goals galore . I never spouted on about throwing youngsters in what I want is our best 11 players available week in week out . I want to see some structure some hope for the future have I to wait a couple of years more for this and pay top dollar in the meantime 

There's not another manager anywhere in the world who wouldn't have used all three subs today. Why didn't he bring Onomah on? 

Did he get something in his eye during half time. Of course not that's abdi. He's has something stuck in his eye since he got fit 9 months ago.

how do Wednesday expect to sign decent payers when the club is owned and managed by complete idiots.

why have we even signed Onomah on premier league wages if we won't play him

of course, this is what we do. More money wasted.

we are just a shambles and have been for a long time.

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

But with those names in there I'd do it like this...

Take it to them

2018-11-24 14.52.12.png

You were right, but they forgot to take it too them, especially the front three. 

They must be on a fortune, and it now appears they have so much money they get get around the pitch.

Just now, Ozymandias Owl said:

You were right, but they forgot to take it too them, especially the front three. 

They must be on a fortune, and it now appears they have so much money they get get around the pitch.

Didn't think it was bad to be honest.

Another loss of course.

But I thought we did ok. 

22 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Didn't think it was bad to be honest.

Another loss of course.

But I thought we did ok. 

You are right it wasn't a bad performance, apart from the mistakes, but I can't wait to see who should have been marking their player for the first goal, or who didn't cover for the players who challenged for the ball.

We need to play further up the field and put teams under pressure in Midfield and up front for me. Today's line up wasn't a bad line up on paper.

However, in the second half it seems our front three find it difficult to get back on side, leaving Hector to delay playing the ball forward.

Reach and Bannan played well.

Still the vocal majority in the stands hate Fox and Pelupessy, when they are on a fraction of the players in the front three.

What frustrates people about Jos was on show today with Frank Lampard refereeing the game at Hillsborough. 

I don't mind Jos keeping his cool, but someone on the Coaching staff needs to show the players the mistakes going on through out the game aren't acceptible.

Now if our coaching team can't see that closing down, getting back from off side and marking runners into our box are minimum requirement then this is why we have a problem.

The players let down the last Manager in similar respects and it's happening again.

Decisions, Decisions

Edited by Ozymandias Owl

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It is not too optimistic to hope that we should pick up more than 1 point from 6 games - and that point was only gained by putting 11 men behind the ball for the whole game.

Teams do rotate more in modern football but not to the extent Jos does, who changes shape players and tactics every game, mostly to little positive effect. 

6 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I recommend you drop the "Red Branded" beverage and replace it with something in keeping with your beliefs.....

blue-nun-rivaner-2017.jpg

This is not the scoreline for us this afternoon by the way .............

Does HE drink Blue Nun?

garymegson

• Like 1