Chansiri's recruitment process?

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

I don't believe he has a process.

I still believe he is being advised by his incompetent friend who's been advising him from the start.

In my opinion.

Who was with him yesterday when it all kicked off outside the directors entrance. Go to any away game and you will see the said person side by side with DC enjoying a smoke. THIS is the issue at the club, and has been for a long time, in my opinion.

39 minutes ago, heppers said:

Are we still linked to Doyen?

The person who advises DC has links/had links.

Edited by mark77
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, brazilowl said:

Good point but let’s see what his record is like after 5 years 

That’s all we can do, but now, it’s pretty good Plenty of clubs, with supposedly more astute owners, have appointed bigger name managers, with less success. If you think about it, you can even understand why he appointed Jos. Fair enough, he doesn’t know the division, but plenty of promotion winning managers were in the same position What you thought you’d be getting with Jos, is someone who could organise the side, and do it on a budget Don’t forget, he came with that reputation

Convinced Katrien recommended / suggested / recruited Jos and had probably looked at him while she was at Charlton as they went through several non-descript Belgian / Euro managers, Riga, Pieters, Luzon, Fraeye and then Riga again !  

He's probably got her on the case and is looking through her old files now

Riga's available too

2 hours ago, poite said:

How does chansiri recruit managers?

I genuinely believe he advertises the job and then sits at his desk looking through CV's and invites people he's interested in for an interview. Following that he makes a decision purely on what he's seen and heard from them. That's fine if youre a businessman trying to recruit for your IT department but football managers should be recruited on far more than this. 

I think this process is what leads us to these obscure foreign managers and why we will never see a Mick McCarthy type manager on board.  

Obviously this is just my guess at what chansiri does but I'd bet I'm not far off 

Yes you are right , it’s just a guess !! 

2 hours ago, poite said:

How does chansiri recruit managers?

I genuinely believe he advertises the job and then sits at his desk looking through CV's and invites people he's interested in for an interview. Following that he makes a decision purely on what he's seen and heard from them. That's fine if youre a businessman trying to recruit for your IT department but football managers should be recruited on far more than this. 

I think this process is what leads us to these obscure foreign managers and why we will never see a Mick McCarthy type manager on board.  

Obviously this is just my guess at what chansiri does but I'd bet I'm not far off 

I think they drug them then stick a sack over their heads 

I think it goes like this:

1. DC chucks a dart at a map of the world.

2. Whichever country he hits he gets hold of their phonebook (barring the UK, that warrants a re-throw).

3. Closes his eyes, flicks through the pages and randomly points down onto a name.

4. Approaches that person to be the next Manager of Sheffield Wednesday. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Come on..

Let's not just start threads and all pile in with nonsense comments

We're going through a rough patch. Doesn't mean it's open house to just pile in/on with stuff like this

If you allow it.

Threads start with a supposedly serious subject title but the sole purpose is to ridicule the chairman or manager and suggest daft scenarios that some people actually lap up.

Zero constructive purpose whatsoever.

Then people are annoyed when some gimp is screaming at DC after the match.