Chansiri's recruitment process?

How does chansiri recruit managers?

I genuinely believe he advertises the job and then sits at his desk looking through CV's and invites people he's interested in for an interview. Following that he makes a decision purely on what he's seen and heard from them. That's fine if youre a businessman trying to recruit for your IT department but football managers should be recruited on far more than this. 

I think this process is what leads us to these obscure foreign managers and why we will never see a Mick McCarthy type manager on board.  

Obviously this is just my guess at what chansiri does but I'd bet I'm not far off 

Edited by poite

He likes to get the person with the least experience in English football, make sure they haven't got any armbands and throw them in the deep end with no money. 

Jos was a DC appointment. They probably get on well. Jos is quiet, calm and probably quite a gent. Chansiri loves this. There's no chance he'll sack Jos yet because it would make him lose face considering he chose the guy and took a good few weeks to do so. Carlos was kept way beyond his sell by date and Chansiri made it clear that it was the fans that made him sack Carlos. He didn't want to sack him. Highlighting his gross lack of intelligence in football scenarios, the guy clearly doesn't know when to hire or fire managers. Milan was a master of this. 

So... I doubt DC is looking for a new manager. He will genuinely believe we can get promoted and have plenty of time with 2/3rds of the season left. I can see another similar scenario as last year. Instead of doing it early and getting someone in to create a longer term plan. We will do the change of manager into the 2nd half of the season, no tranfer budget and a short term hashed together plan to 'save the season'. The year after will be the same as this, no money due to bad planning. No real plan to go up or down. No plans to sell players and reinvest money. Refresh the squad etc. It's gross mismanagement of the football club. Some fans still stick up for it too. Some fans even use the excuse that DC and Jos need to be praised for how well we are doing in the face of FFP sanctions when he's the sole reasons we were in the effing sanction in the first place. It's barmy. The guy has no clue how to run the club. The fans are becoming his number 1 enemy and he seems determined to let them know at every point.

• Like 1

Couple of things stick in my memory.

Think it might have be either Big Ron or Brian Clough.

Chairmen don’t decide when a manager should be sacked. The fans do it for them.

First signs of this behind the South Stand last night.

Then the outgoing manager of Real Madrid more recently.

If you go five matches without winning in football you’re going to be fired.

DC will only have people who do what he tells them. In 60 years of supporting the owls he is the worst chairman we have had. I know people have problems with Allen but this guy hasn’t got a clue and the worst thing is he makes mistake after mistake never learns. Pay on the gate no one coming. Executive boxes empty, people complaining about the shop, what does he do about things? Absolutely nothing. Most people learn from their mistakes but not this guy. Trouble is he can’t sell us for him to recoup his investment so we’re stuck with him. 

Guest Theboylangers
32 minutes ago, Blatter said:

If you go five matches without winning in football you’re going to be fired.

I agree with the sentiment here but there's a difference in not winning in 5 and losing all 5. Because you could draw 5 games consecutively and you haven't won. 

Sorry to be pedantic. garymegson

1 hour ago, poite said:

How does chansiri recruit managers?

I genuinely believe he advertises the job and then sits at his desk looking through CV's and invites people he's interested in for an interview. Following that he makes a decision purely on what he's seen and heard from them. That's fine if youre a businessman trying to recruit for your IT department but football managers should be recruited on far more than this. 

I think this process is what leads us to these obscure foreign managers and why we will never see a Mick McCarthy type manager on board.  

Obviously this is just my guess at what chansiri does but I'd bet I'm not far off 

Chansiri  dosnt recruit managers , Doyen do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I agree with the sentiment here but there's a difference in not winning in 5 and losing all 5. Because you could draw 5 games consecutively and you haven't won. 

Sorry to be pedantic. garymegson

That’s ok it’s just the difference between our lot and Real Madrid I suppose.

Think some agents advise him on managers.

I dont think CC was a bad choice but was a big mistake keeping him on 6 months too long when it was so obvious it had gone stale in the play offs v Huddersfield.

Think JL is just not suited and just not working. Has a personality of a wet weekend in Barnsley.

Not 100% JL fault we are in this position but sacking him would be a step in the right direction.