4 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

He always puts a shift in. It's his lack of quality that's the problem.

Played and scored goals at a higher level than we as a club have been at for 20 years and at a higher level than any of our current players. Certainly offers more of a solution in our current predicament than being part of the problem.

3 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

We need a positive thread fairly desperately....

Just wanted to highlight that Fletcher was our outstanding player today, fought hard for everything, ran his lungs out and (apart from maybe Bannan) was the only player who looked like he gave a sh*te.

Seriously.... I would make fletcher...player/ manager.......get joss out .... let fletcher and bannan .. pick and manage the team ... at least it would unite the fan base

I just dont get it. Why would our younger players play like they just werent bothered?

These lads are playing for their newly gained places.

Have they been instructed by someone more senior to do this so they can get Jos the bullet?

Seasoned pros might get the hump and do this but i wouldnt expect the youth to.

Decades ago I remember Lee Chapman coming back from a Summer with an extra  couple of yards of pace. Looked like he had really worked on that aspect of his game during the break.

Is it just me or does Fletch seem to have done the same? In both halfs yesterday he was driving through midfield with the power and energy of a far younger player.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Decades ago I remember Lee Chapman coming back from a Summer with an extra  couple of yards of pace. Looked like he had really worked on that aspect of his game during the break.

Is it just me or does Fletch seem to have done the same? In both halfs yesterday he was driving through midfield with the power and energy of a far younger player.

Not like you to go MAJORLY overboard about a player.

His effort was good yesterday; but all in the wrong areas (but good crowd pleasers). 

Rarely looks like scoring, assisting or getting our team behind their defense.

He's personifies our problem. Average player on big wages, based on brief past glories. Not good enough. However we've no one else, so for effort he keeps his shirt.

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

Not like you to go MAJORLY overboard about a player.

His effort was good yesterday; but all in the wrong areas (but good crowd pleasers). 

Rarely looks like scoring, assisting or getting our team behind their defense.

He's personifies our problem. Average player on big wages, based on brief past glories. Not good enough. However we've no one else, so for effort he keeps his shirt.

Really? 

He has scored three and got two assists in his last 9 games (6 starts, 3 bench).

And as for yesterday he was involved with all our better attavking action, whether driving forward and linking with Bannan and Reach, or getting his head on Bannan and Reach and Palmer crosses.

I would say that Fletcher, Bannan and Reach stood out like beacons yesterday among a sea of dross. None of the three were amazing, but still far and away better than the rest.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Really? 

He has scored three and got two assists in his last 9 games (6 starts, 3 bench).

And as for yesterday he was involved with all our better attavking action, whether driving forward and linking with Bannan and Reach, or getting his head on Bannan and Reach and Palmer crosses.

I would say that Fletcher, Bannan and Reach stood out like beacons yesterday among a sea of dross. None of the three were amazing, but still far and away better than the rest.

Do you think he's the clearest example of SWFCs transfer mismanagement.

An average Championship forward signed (already on a big decline), signed on a MASSIVELY overgenerous contract; based on past glories. And now we're stuck.

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

An average Championship forward signed (already on a big decline), signed on a MASSIVELY overgenerous contract; based on past glories. And now we're stuck.

No.

First, he isn’t an “average” Championship player, he is an excellent one.

Second, you have the benefit of hindsight. But listing the generously-paid signings:-

Fletcher

Forestieri

Hooper

Abdi

Rhodes

Reach

Bannan

Without hindsight - that’s mouth-watering. Be honest, we were in heaven. 

With hindsight - the first four have been wracked with injury, Rhodes was a flop here, and only Reach and Bannan have been both resilient and brilliant.

Just now, Holmowl said:

No.

First, he isn’t an “average” Championship player, he is an excellent one.

Second, you have the benefit of hindsight. But listing the generously-paid signings:-

Fletcher

Forestieri

Hooper

Abdi

Rhodes

Reach

Bannan

Without hindsight - that’s mouth-watering. Be honest, we were in heaven. 

With hindsight - the first four have been wracked with injury, Rhodes was a flop here, and only Reach and Bannan have been both resilient and brilliant.

An excellent???, championship player. You remind me of a Bonnie Tyler song.

You posts appear so desperate for a hero, whilst ignoring the only possible candidate.

Fletcher s goal stats are 3 in 17. Stop snipping selected parts of the season.

• Like 1

Just now, zzmdu said:

An excellent???, championship player. You remind me of a Bonnie Tyler song.

You posts appear so desperate for a hero, whilst ignoring the only possible candidate.

Fletcher s goal stats are 3 in 17. Stop snipping selected parts of the season.

How do you know I have been lost in France many times?

But I agree it’s a heartache supporting Wednesday at the moment.

56 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Agree Fletcher looks the strongest since he join d this season.

32 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Absolutely. It marked the change in our transfer policy from spending a bit to playing championship manager. 

None of this is his problem or fault of course. You negotiate the most lucrative deal you can for yourself. 

But the Fletcher deal precipitated the big wage parity demands and insane transfers that are flipping us right now. 

Bannan, Forestieri, Lees, Lee, Westwood, etc.. all renegotiated their deals soon after and Fletcher was the new benchmark. 

Good player yes. But his wages (and everyone’s that followed) are very relevant to the problems the club has right now. 

Worked hard. Why on earth though did Jos move him to the left of a front three after half-time? Appreciate he probably wanted to give Onomah the chance to come inside (where he was as little use as on the right first half), but should have taken Nuhui off and played Joao or Preston on the left with Fletch down the middle. Wasted out left whilst Nuhui was doing the square root of naff all in the centre.