8 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

We need a positive thread fairly desperately....

Just wanted to highlight that Fletcher was our outstanding player today, fought hard for everything, ran his lungs out and (apart from maybe Bannan) was the only player who looked like he gave a sh*te.

Agree, always had a lot of time for Fletcher, workhorse. 

Would like to see him and Joao given a run of games together, Fletcher/Nuhiu combo is just to predictable and slow.

Just now, s6 owl said:

Whats his wages got to do with it? He gets unnecessary stick from our supporters when in reality he's our best striker alongside Hooper.

He’s on big wages because he’s a proven striker at premiership level 

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nuhiu could learn a hell of a lot from Fletcher. 

He has been around him for a while now, sadly I don't think it is sinking in!

Fletcher gets a fair amount of stick for his wages but he only gets paid what we offered him and to be fair to him there has rarely been a game where he has given anything less than his all. He misses more chances than he should do but his all round game is far superior than the rest of our strikers and although he has missed too many games through injury he has often got injured putting himself into challenges where a fair few others wouldn't bother.

14 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

I thought the fans were great too - showed. Superb ovation for him considering the situation we were in. As you say, now expect him to be dropped for the next match!

Was holding his hamstring just before he went off. Won't play Friday is my guess.