From Doom and Gloom to Top 2.

Owls talk has yet again swung from 1 mood to the total opposite. The feel good factor has driven out of town the merchants of doom. To be honest im firmly sat on the fence. Lets get through the xmas period then a true picture of where the season is going can be seen.Well done to the team on its present run but more is needed.

Just now, ZicoSterland2 said:

Owls talk has yet again swung from 1 mood to the total opposite. The feel good factor has driven out of town the merchants of doom. To be honest im firmly sat on the fence. Lets get through the xmas period then a true picture of where the season is going can be seen.Well done to the team on its present run but more is needed.

I'm 100% certain this is how the manager sees it too.  Small groups of games, small targets.  Hit the targets, move on to the next group of games. 

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we were firmly entrenched in the top 6/auto battle come the FA Cup 3rd round.  I'd settle for in the play offs because it will take a run of form like no other to get us up and keep us in the auto hunt, but the motivation now is to keep touch with that top 3-4.  Quite frankly, there is very little pressure on us compared to West Brom, Middlesborough etc.  We never expected to be here.  Forest spent gazillions and I fully expect L**ds to taper off.  The grunters? Well wouldn't you like to put them under a little pressure to see if they can walk the walk?  Like I said in another thread..."All this is happened before...And it will happen again."

Quick question...if we were in the top 6/auto hunt (say maximum 9pts off autos) on FA Cup 3rd Round day, is there any P&S wiggle room to strengthen without getting rid of Reach, FF, Joao, BB, Penney or any other crown jewel? That is a question I'd like to know the answer to.  I'm not talking millions, but is there any way we could get a 6 month loan of real quality in?  If you were a senior player is there any type of player you would like to see in the door? 

I worry about a true beast in midfield as without Hutchinson we seem to lack this. Pelepussy seems to go missing at times and this exposes our defence. In attack we have some of the best options in the league but we really need to tighten up at the back. That beast in midfield is the key in my opinion.

40 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Kin elllllll!

Thought we had to wait for first 6 games, then we ain't played anybody yet, then first 10 games.

Now Christmas...bloody ell I'm sick of waiting to see if we are going down or going up :biggrin:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Kin elllllll!

Thought we had to wait for first 6 games, then we ain't played anybody yet, then first 10 games.

Now Christmas...bloody ell I'm sick of waiting to see if we are going down or going up :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Kin elllllll!

Be a long season then buddy lol .

Then of course there are posters, like me for example, who haven't swayed in my thinking that we are going up this season, a prediction I made on here after Jos's 4tyh game in charge.. It's almost like we've had so many sad times supporting this club fans have forgotten how to be happy/thankful. Glass half empty types. Can't do with them, personally, avoid them at all costs. Life's too short...

Guest LittleG
49 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

All football forums swing the same way 

3 minutes ago, Almat said:

Then of course there are posters, like me for example, who haven't swayed in my thinking that we are going up this season, a prediction I made on here after Jos's 4tyh game in charge.. It's almost like we've had so many sad times supporting this club fans have forgotten how to be happy/thankful. Glass half empty types. Can't do with them, personally, avoid them at all costs. Life's too short...

optimism-vs-pessimism.gif

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, Almat said:

And that makes it OK? Why can't we be a bit different/more intelligent? 

If we all agreed on everything it wouldn't be much of a forum

I am a fan, i can get carried away. Jos i am sure is taking a more balanced view. Pretty sure he will have them reviewing Middlesborough set plays over and over. My approach is dreaming of beating pigs at Wembley in May. Jos will be saying on to the next game. I am happy with Jos and even a really bad run will not sway my feeling he is changing the culture at our club. In Jos we trust. If he can stop us buying over the hill rubbish and instead play youngsters and buy youngsters then the health of our club will improve. Even better if we can make the play-offs or get promoted while he changes our culture.

People really struggle with the concept of discussing a negative, but still being a fan and supporting the club, or vice versa. 

But the same rings true in society these days. People struggle with anything that's not black or white. 

Dawson is a prime example on here right now. He can make a mistake but still have a had a good game, if people mention the mistake it's as if his supporters think he's being accused of not being good enough. Overall there are issues at the club, there's been team selection concerns, players not being treated right, but i'm still happy we are getting results and sat in the play off's. 

26 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

I worry about a true beast in midfield as without Hutchinson we seem to lack this. Pelepussy seems to go missing at times and this exposes our defence. In attack we have some of the best options in the league but we really need to tighten up at the back. That beast in midfield is the key in my opinion.

One defeat in 9 

:duntmatter:

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, Almat said:

Oh no I'm not! lol

Whhhooossshhhh...

If that was a whhhoooooooossshh moment, not one of the better ones! Got to go now, been good debating with you or has it?Whhoooossshhh