Will The Westwood Scenario Cost Us

3 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Sad but true. Its getting really frustrating reading another post from somebody judging games on performances of players 3 or 4 seasons ago. Move on. KW not the player he was. If he was he would be picked. The fact we have a great young replacement and some just want to slate him  really shows  the sanity of some people on social media. The internet gives everyone a voice even the numpties you would never normally pay any attention to.

The fact that KW isn't even playing for the u23 suggest he has done something and is finished at the club, I doubt it's his ability.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It has nothing to do with football and his ability as to why he isn't playing.

I think it's a sad sad end to one of the best keepers we have had in my 40 odd years of following Wednesday.

Yes it is. Its totally to do with his current ability. Jos has made it clear that he pays no attention to all the other rubbish and he plays who he thinks is the best player for each position on current form and fitness. KW is a good goal keeper but at this stage in his career Dawson and Wildsmith are better. In my lifetime I rate 1 Pressman, 2 Hodge, 3 Woods, 4 Turner, 5 Westwood. Dawson and Wildsmith have the ability and youth to be a much better keeper than KW ever was for us

Edited by hirstys_achilles
addition

Yes it is. Its totally to do with his current ability. Jos has made it clear that he pays no attention to all the other rubbish and he plays who he thinks is the best player for each position on current form and fitness. KW is a good goal keeper but at this stage in his career Dawson and Wildsmith are better.

Have a word lad, we've played a player we signed on a free with no championship experience in the u23 ahead of an International goalkeeper who has won the player of the year award twice whilst breaking the clean sheet record and was a key factor in both our play off seasons.

The sad fact is it either boils down to saving money or he has had a falling out with someone, my money is on the latter.

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Have a word lad, we've played a player we signed on a free with no championship experience in the u23 ahead of an International goalkeeper who has won the player of the year award twice whilst breaking the clean sheet record and was a key factor in both our play off seasons.

The sad fact is it either boils down to saving money or he has had a falling out with someone, my money is on the latter.

Thats in the past. Its his form now that counts. Why so difficult to understand that age has caught up with him. From what I saw of KW last season he playing in about the right standard

5 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Thats in the past. Its his form now that counts. Why so difficult to understand that age has caught up with him. From what I saw of KW last season he playing in about the right standard

He is 33 years old which is no age for a keeper, he only played 18 times last season and most of those he carried an injury, granted last season wasn't his best however he has come out and said he is fully fit and ready to go, sadly Jos had said he was injured and that's what has cost him in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

The fact that KW isn't even playing for the u23 suggest he has done something and is finished at the club, I doubt it's his ability.

what does the club have to gain playing KW at under 23. Nothing. Its better to give young up and coming players the experience. Thats why its called the under 23. 

3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

He is 33 years old which is no age for a keeper, he only played 18 times last season and most of those he carried an injury, granted last season wasn't his best however he has come out and said he is fully fit and ready to go, sadly Jos had said he was injured and that's what has cost him in my opinion.

Age affects every one differently. Just look at his number of appearances and how it has declined over last 5 seasons due to injuries. I think people prefer conspiracy theories more than fact. Fact is the manager picks who he thinks is the best. I happen to agree. What gets to me is people can't accept JL decision and pick points off Dawson to try and back up silly theories they imagine.

Outfield players. Come on

You keep believing it is down to his ability, anyone with half an idea about football knows it's nothing to do with ability and all you can do is contradict yourself.

For what it's worth Dawson is a fantastic keeper with a big future, he has taken his chance with both hands and has a big future in the game, he is still learning and is some way behind the ability of Westwood.

Wildsmith I rate least out of the 3 and should be on loan for the season.

To write Westwood off on ability is ridiculous at best, there is one better keeper in this league and he is an England International.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Both.

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

You keep believing it is down to his ability, anyone with half an idea about football knows it's nothing to do with ability and all you can do is contradict yourself.

For what it's worth Dawson is a fantastic keeper with a big future, he has taken his chance with both hands and has a big future in the game, he is still learning and is some way behind the ability of Westwood.

Wildsmith I rate least out of the 3 and should be on loan for the season.

To write Westwood off on ability is ridiculous at best, there is one better keeper in this league and he is an England International.

You must be watching him train everyday to know that. My half an idea tells me last 20 games I saw KW play he looked a shadow of his former self. If he was only halfd as good now as you think he is he would be in the team. Take your half an idea and shove it where it don't shine cus I fed up of talking to numpties like you. Ridiculous is thinking there is any warrant in playing an out of form unfit 33 year old in front of a young tenacious goal keeper from your own youth policy. Why dont you go on and tell Jos how bloody good he was and let him laugh at your rose tinted glasses and be thankful for what you got. Another ridiculous point is that KW is only second to the england international keeper in this league. ha ha ha ha ha, that will be Dawson then.

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

You must be watching him train everyday to know that. My half an idea tells me last 20 games I saw KW play he looked a shadow of his former self. If he was only halfd as good now as you think he is he would be in the team. Take your half an idea and shove it where it don't shine cus I fed up of talking to numpties like you. Ridiculous is thinking there is any warrant in playing an out of form unfit 33 year old in front of a young tenacious goal keeper from your own youth policy. Why dont you go on and tell Jos how bloody good he was and let him laugh at your rose tinted glasses and be thankful for what you got. Another ridiculous point is that KW is only second to the england international keeper in this league. ha ha ha ha ha, that will be Dawson then.

I to am fed of talking to numpties like you so I'll agree to disagree.

22 hours ago, Bluey9 said:

I just think that we would have leaked less goals this season with Westwood between the sticks 

Just my opinion !

Its the few points that we lose now that can become very costly at the end of the season !

But how many more points might Westwood have lost us trying to play out from the back the way we have been.

Dawson is the best at this and it's why he is in goal.

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Have a word lad, we've played a player we signed on a free with no championship experience in the u23 ahead of an ex International goalkeeper who has won the player of the year award twice whilst breaking the clean sheet record and was a key factor in both our play off seasons.

The thing is all these achievements whilst being correct are all in the past. After not playing for so long he may not be as good as he was previously. I'm not saying he isn't just that we don't now know.

Although I also think that the falling out bit may also be a valid reason for his exclusion. Then again none of us really know that either.

6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Or that Westwood is not the kind of keeper that Jos wants in goal. Just like Joe Hart wasn't at man city.