Will The Westwood Scenario Cost Us

4 hours ago, Bluey9 said:

Sadly I think it will 

Thoughts ?

I just think that we would have leaked less goals this season with Westwood between the sticks 

Just my opinion !

Its the few points that we lose now that can become very costly at the end of the season !

Trust Jos and Remy.

Westwood is 34 years old.

Do you want....

A) 6 more months of Kieran Westwood

Or B) the next 10 years of Cameron Dawson's progression into a top keeper.

If we keep choosing option A, we go backwards....with a team full of aging stars

If we choose option B, we will progress 

Edited by bigash_swfc

28 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

I just think that we would have leaked less goals this season with Westwood between the sticks 

Just my opinion !

Its the few points that we lose now that can become very costly at the end of the season !

I just think you are wrong

just my opinion !

If Dawson does lose form, then Wildsmith steps in, forget Westwood. Its the future!

Edited by Striggy

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

It's like the splitting up in a relationship ..

The worlds over 

I'm ugly 

Won't get anyone better 

Time heals 

Admire from afar 

But don't go back 

Remember the good times 

Out on the town 

Plenty more fish 

It's finished..

From the forthcoming Album 

"Bedwetters of the World Unite" 

(At some other ground not ours)

**2018 OwlertonGhost productions 

Available in all formats in reputable outlets 

And online .........

• Haha 4

We're 6th in the league! Can anyone really say that they expected that at the beginning of the season? Dawson makes the odd error but he will get better with experience, he also makes some really good saves like the one against Diedhiou (?) when 0-0 on Sunday. People seem to think that Westwood was impossible to score against and would let no goals in. He was brilliant up until last season but imo lost form last season. Think we need to move on.

5 hours ago, Bluey9 said:

Sadly I think it will 

Thoughts ?

it may well do so, but you can't make those assumptions.

as a shot stopper dawson hits the mark, his reaction saves are up there, but his decision making and execution under a cross leaves a lot to be desired (and this will be noted throughout the division).

IF jos picks the side on how people perform in training then dawson must be catching everything in the training sessions, then that would question his match temperament, and decision making.

or is it a load of b****x about 'individuals performances in training'?

54 minutes ago, dnhc said:

it may well do so, but you can't make those assumptions.

as a shot stopper dawson hits the mark, his reaction saves are up there, but his decision making and execution under a cross leaves a lot to be desired (and this will be noted throughout the division).

IF jos picks the side on how people perform in training then dawson must be catching everything in the training sessions, then that would question his match temperament, and decision making.

or is it a load of b****x about 'individuals performances in training'?

Perhaps it means Westwood ISN'T performing in training ?

Keiren Westwood

2014/15     43 Appearances - 17 Clean sheets 2014/15 PFA Team of the year, Owls player of the year

2015/16     34 Appearances - 14 Clean sheets team got to play off final

2016/17     43 Appearances - 16 Clean sheets team got to play off semi final

2017/18     18 Appearances - 3  Clean sheets

2018/19     0 Appearances

In his first season with us he help gets points and kept us in the league won the Owls player of the year and also was in the league team of the year the first time and Owls player had been since the team of the mid 90's, in his next two season he was in goal when we got to two playoff finals, in his 4th season he got injured (as well as the rest of the first team squad) and only played 18 games, this season he has been deemed not as good as the two young keeper on our books.

55 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Keiren Westwood

2014/15     43 Appearances - 17 Clean sheets 2014/15 PFA Team of the year, Owls player of the year

2015/16     34 Appearances - 14 Clean sheets team got to play off final

2016/17     43 Appearances - 16 Clean sheets team got to play off semi final

2017/18     18 Appearances - 3  Clean sheets

2018/19     0 Appearances

In his first season with us he help gets points and kept us in the league won the Owls player of the year and also was in the league team of the year the first time and Owls player had been since the team of the mid 90's, in his next two season he was in goal when we got to two playoff finals, in his 4th season he got injured (as well as the rest of the first team squad) and only played 18 games, this season he has been deemed not as good as the two young keeper on our books.

That's 39.5% success rate in 2014/15

41% in 2015/16

37% in 2016/17

Only 16% in 2017/18

So possibly he's losing his consistency ?

• Haha 1