Tom Lees

• More to blame for the 2nd goal than JP in my opinion just flipping smash him instead of jockeying for 30 yards. Get Thorniley back in for the next game because he is by far a better defender
Edited by s6 owl
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:
  • More to blame for the 2nd goal than JP in my opinion just flipping smash him instead of jockeying for 30 yards. Get Thorniley back in for the next game because he is by far a better defender

cue the excuses of "Lees needs someone commanding alongside him"

Just now, Lionel Fessi said:

Pelupessy should have never let him get that close to the goal anyway, cannot blame any of the defenders.

Dawson should do better, near post and that ball wasn't hit hard enough.

Cant blame any of the 3 other defenders that had ample time to tackle him but lets blame the keeper! lol

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Cant blame any of the 3 other defenders that had ample time to tackle him but lets blame the keeper! lol

Pelupessy should have tackled or fouled him, he shadowed him for 40 yards and did nothing!

By the time he got to the box, its always risky for anyone to dive in, I agree Hector or Lees should have been able to block the shot but i wouldn't except all 3 lines of defence to be broken so easily, Dawson should do better.

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Sorry to say that Venancio was a better all round centre half.

TL often looks panicked, uncomfortable in the ball, and it's become more evident now that Hector has arrived.

I used to find it staggering when people on here were comparing him with Harry Maguire and Michael Keane, both have gone on to represent England but Tom Lees is still playing for a mid table Championship team.  

1 minute ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Pelupessy should have tackled or fouled him, he shadowed him for 40 yards and did nothing!

By the time he got to the box, its always risky for anyone to dive in, I agree Hector or Lees should have been able to block the shot but i wouldn't except all 3 lines of defence to be broken so easily, Dawson should do better.

So the other defenders are to blame then? 

2 minutes ago, David1867 said:

I used to find it staggering when people on here were comparing him with Harry Maguire and Michael Keane, both have gone on to represent England but Tom Lees is still playing for a mid table Championship team.  

There are people on here who used to think Harry Maguire wouldn't be good enough for us when we were linked with him

Edited by s6 owl

as I stated in the other 5 threads, all were to blame it should only take one player to go through barnes end of. Even ff, just sprint back and go through the fecker.

But still tom lees is half the defender he was.

Edited by Mardy Bum

1 minute ago, Mardy Bum said:

as I stated in the other 5 threads, all were to blame it should only take one player to go through barnes end of. Even ff, just sprint back and go through the fecker.

They don't need to bring him down. He's running straight at two of our CB's with no real passing options. 

The second he (too easily) gets past Pelupessy he just needs to be shown wide and out towards the corner flag. The mixture of lack of tackle around the centre circle and continuous backing off of our "best" CB is near criminal defending. And how Lees doesn't get tighter knowing Pudil has got his back is criminal. And how he hasn't been shown wide is just... just mindboggling.