Reading Fan On Twitter...

On 04/09/2018 at 10:41, bradowl said:

Sheffield Wednesday will be getting humilated tomorrow afternoon and they just need to accept that fact. I expect all of their knuckle dragging, poor supporters to apologise to me after the game. A simple and proper apology will suffice. #readingfc are on their way back. #swfc

Although the scoreline was 1-2 to Sheffield Wednesday it was not a real victory and morally we won the game. We had more of the ball and played a better passing game and if it was a boxing match the referee would have stepped in to declare us the winners. #readingfc #swfc

To all those thick Sheffield Wednesday supporters giving abuse: You are from Sheffield, I automatically win any argument. You were quiet as anything and couldn't even sell out your allocation. Terrible team, terrible people and an awful geographical location. #swfc #readingfc

Reading

lol

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

And gi us a motorway to Manchester an all. 

Too much weeing about over hills to go 30 miles.

This,had to drive that way 3 times in last month and it's a nice drive but it's a ball ache getting stuck behind lorries and poo drivers. 

10 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

This,had to drive that way 3 times in last month and it's a nice drive but it's a ball ache getting stuck behind lorries and poo drivers. 

Driving over Woodhead and Snake pass I always take my time to take in the fantastic scenery, 35mph is fast enough. :cool:

35 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Driving over Woodhead and Snake pass I always take my time to take in the fantastic scenery, 35mph is fast enough. :cool:

I like the scenery but I love driving so the roads are awesome to drive when they are empty (if ever).

3 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Has to be a joke account. They sold 12k in the home end!

No-one under those circumstances could slag off our sell out crowd.

popularf.jpg

Plenty of leg room at The Madejsky

(Exotic half time snacks too ... Otters' Noses, Wolf Nipple Chips etc)

pic didn't load again  :mad: second time this has happened

Edited by Ethel The Tree

I quite like Reading as a club. Nice fans, and generally intelligent. 

I remember a really nice piece by John Arlott about his experiences watching them when he was a child, between the wars. Arlott writing about any subject was always a treat.

It often surprises people how old they are as a club. The sixth oldest league club in the country, according to Wikipedia, founded 1871. Older than any of the London clubs, Villa, and the PNEs, Blackburns, Sunderlands that you think of as the late Victorian football powers.

More charmless in these days of corporate ownership and identikit stadiums. But most clubs are.

Slightly gruesome town, but at least it's not Swindon.