avaialble loans to championship clubs

Guest The Claw

1 hour ago, bigrbuk said:

Can imagine that argument...

"We need more players because our squad is filled with untested youngsters"

"OK, who would you like to bring in?"

"Some untested youngsters please"

Any player under 21 (I think) doesn't have to be registered as part of the 25 man squad, so a lot of our youngsters aren't classed as being part of our squad. Bringing in a couple of prem quality youngsters can't hurt.

2 hours ago, Minton said:

Why do you think Jos has been saying in the media we have a small squad? 

...because we do?

At the moment our choices in midfield are Bannan, Reach and one from Pelupessy, Jones, Boyd and Hutchinson (if not playing centre back, which in itself indicates a lack of options at another position). We have little in the way of genuine wide players and we are dependent on Academy products all over the place like Dawson, Wildsmith, Thorniley, Neilsen, Baker, O'Grady, Hunt, Preston and Jack Lee just to fill out a decent sized squad. In addition we have several players with a history of injury absences; 3 of whom aren't even available yet.

Edited by DJMortimer

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

...because we do?

At the moment our choices in midfield are Bannan, Reach and one from Pelupessy, Jones and Hutchinson (if not playing centre back, which in itself indicates a lack of options at another position). We have little in the way of genuine wide players and we are dependent on Academy products all over the place like Dawson, Wildsmith, Thorniley, Neilsen, Baker, O'Grady, Hunt, Preston and Jack Lee just to fill out a decent sized squad. In addition we have several players with a history of injury absences.

The point I was trying to make is that it builds our case for signing loan players due to the small squad size, Embargo or not.

Just now, Minton said:

The point I was trying to make is that it builds our case for signing loan players due to the small squad size, Embargo or not.

We are under an embargo because we are spending too much.  They are hardly going to allow us to increase our spending.

• Like 1

Just now, Minton said:

I realise that, but it is true anyway, unless you count large numbers of Academy players as a proper Championship level squad rather than an act of desperation.

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We are under an embargo because we are spending too much.  They are hardly going to allow us to increase our spending.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/02/birmingham-city-face-punishment-despite-lifting-transfer-embargo/

"The Football League is also permitting Birmingham to make five more signings in this transfer window, but they will be restricted to free transfers and low-budget loans."

That was due to their small squad size. The latter bit of the article is about them then signing Pedersen for £2m, despite their limit of free transfers and low cost loans, and the EFL effectively telling them that they will be going and sitting on the naughty step. (Points deduction I would imagine) 

The TLDR version: We can sign low cost loans and free transfer players if their wages are deemed moderate (£600,000 per year total I think)

Edited by Minton

9 minutes ago, Eastern said:

I don’t know actually. The EFL cannot prevent someone unemployed from securing employment. Surely???

You would have thought they couldnt , but can they stop us on the grounds we have breached the spending limit ? 

I havnt got a clue how it works. 

Edited by S36 OWL