George Boyd

A massive waste of money and one of the reasons for the clubs financial woes....happen to know how much he’s on and if you guess you wouldn’t be close....

‘if he was in his prime and we went up, fair enough, but like with Jones, we’ve blasted the cash on players drawing their pension and are not agile enough for this league.

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We need to change our formation to suit our players. Carlos didn’t do it and so far I’m surprised Jos hasn’t, 3 5 2 doesn’t seem to.

What formation would that be? Carlos used to play 442 generally. Jos plays 352 or 532 depending how you look at it. Personnel have hardly changed.

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

And yet he seemed to find half half a yard and look livelier when we put him higher up the position he's played most of his career in the last 15 minutes.

Yes.

It's a real mystery isn't it chaps.

Hes probably thinking he’s wasting his

time chugging up and down the entire flank chris Sedgwick style when all his career he’s been a forward player. He does cover ground and has energy but he’s never been someone to get from A to B particularly quickly, rather he just drifts. 

Adamant 4231 would suit our current squad a lot better 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Hes probably thinking he’s wasting his

time chugging up and down the entire flank chris Sedgwick style when all his career he’s been a forward player. He does cover ground and has energy but he’s never been someone to get from A to B particularly quickly, rather he just drifts. 

Adamant 4231 would suit our current squad a lot better 

I've been thinking the same re. 4-2-3-1

Who would you play where?

Just now, billyblack said:

What formation would that be? Carlos used to play 442 generally. Jos plays 352 or 532 depending how you look at it. Personnel have hardly changed.

Carlos’ 442 was very narrow and negated any width. We also didn’t have much physicality in there when Hutchinson wasn’t fit so even the classic 442 didn’t seem to apply.

I think 4231 would be best and it’s a formation Carlos started with.

We would retain a back 4, with two cms able to cover the full backs, the 3 attacking midfielders wouldn’t need to then be tracking back as they did under CC which would bring more out of Matias and Forestieri between the lines. Joao and  Hooper can both play in that deeper role and Nuhiu and Fletcher can both do a centre forward job.

I rarely criticise specific Wednesday players (over 40 years of following) .. but I don’t see what he offers. He has little pace, a strong wind could blow him over and his distribution is questionable. 

Last night he was vague at best.

I often feel he’s making up the numbers.

could someone please offer a positive about him? 

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

I've been thinking the same re. 4-2-3-1

Who would you play where?

Many of our defenders suit a standard back four and would look a lot better with a bit of midfield protection. They wouldn’t need to provide the only width either.

Any of Bannan, Hutchinson, Pelupessy, K.Lee, Kirby could fill the two cdm spots. Ideally one sitting and someone like Lee getting box to box.

FF, Joao, Abdi, Matias, Boyd, Bannan, Lee Hooper can all play between the lines and arguably perform better there.

Fletcher or Nuhiu or Joao up front. 

If taking a more attacking route you could swap one of the cdms for a second striker off the bench. Ie Winnall.

But what do I know?!

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Many of our defenders suit a standard back four and would look a lot better with a bit of midfield protection. They wouldn’t need to provide the only width either.

Any of Bannan, Hutchinson, Pelupessy, K.Lee, Kirby could fill the two cdm spots. Ideally one sitting and someone like Lee getting box to box.

FF, Joao, Abdi, Matias, Boyd, Bannan, Lee Hooper can all play between the lines and arguably perform better there.

If taking a more attacking route you could swap one of the cdms for a second striker off the bench. Ie Winnall.

But what do I know?!

I would play jones alongside hutchinson in the CDM. Problem is now and its been this way for a few seasons now, the squad is so unbalanced it leaves matias, FF, Lee, Bannan, hooper, boyd, joao, winnall, reach, nuhiu and fletcher all vying for a front 4 spot. Not to mention any of the youngsters.  

This is the problem with CC buying wingers and then playing with no width.

Edited by billyblack
More

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

But what do I know?!

I have been thinkiing the exact same apart from I'd put BB in the Lee role with Hutch behind him to start with but I think there are def some good options and flexibility in this system and especially when ñ taking into account the youngsters, Kirby and Penney for example.

You can sort of go heavyweight or more lightweight/attacking from the back four forwards depending on circumstances and opposition.

Just now, billyblack said:

I would play jones alongside hutchinson in the CDM. Problem is now and its been this way for a few seasons now, the squad is so unbalanced it leaves matias, FF, Lee, Bannan, hooper, boyd, joao, winnall, reach, nuhiu and fletcher all vying for a front 4 spot. Not to mention any of the youngsters.

I think Bannan or Lee could sit deeper if we struggled to fit them all in. At the expense of jones.

Given the age of some and our injury record I think with a front 4 that is interchangeable they’d get more game time than they thought 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I think Bannan or Lee could sit deeper if we struggled to fit them all in. At the expense of jones.

Given the age of some and our injury record I think with a front 4 that is interchangeable they’d get more game time than they thought 

Yes maybe. On the Boyd scenario. I think its simply down to us not playing him correctly. He has pedigree, Dyche is no mug. Unfortunately we excel in making good players crap.