If they scrap parachute payments

1 minute ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Newcastle in 2016/17 season are one example but i can name two or three teams that have had Parachute Payments that haven't. Hull,Norwich,Blackpool

Exactly

Everyone freaking out about parachute payments mean clubs bounce straight back need to go check the facts first

Simply isn't happening as much as people may think

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think people are freaking out about parachute payments whilst at the same time having absolutely no knowledge of the true situation

Before ranting anymore in this thread go have a look how many teams per season are promoted back to the Premier League the season after being relegated down to the Championship

Clue - it's simply not the case that those recieving parachute payments just use the money and get promoted again

Disagree. Parachute payments of £40m per season, we get £39m over 3 seasons. How is that fair? 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s say parachute payments were scrapped starting now

lets imagine (bear with me and go with this) that we amazingly start smashing goals in and winning games this season and end up promoted

all that would happen to us (and any other promoted sides) is that they’d not sigjn anyone or give increased wages etc (meaning our top players would leave) because if we got relegated as would have an immediate FFP crisis and/or bankruptcy 

scrapping parachute payments isn’t as straight forward as we might think it is

Look at when we got relegated from the premier league last time and had all those big contracts and players we couldn’t shift 

Agree with you mate but.........we need a system where relegated clubs can't use this money to strentghen there already star studded side. Yes they still have to pay prem wages but withh FFP it is very difficult for other teams to compete on a level playing field. Not sure what the answer is but they have in effect created a 2 tier Championship league.

As you say it is not straight forward but meither is it fair or just to other sides, yes, people will say if it was us I would be different but in all honesty I wouldn't. They are getting rewarded for failure.

8 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Newcastle in 2016/17 season are one example but i can name two or three teams that have had Parachute Payments that haven't. Hull,Norwich,Blackpool

Hull and Blackpool aren't good examples, their chairmen fell out with the fans and refused to spend any money, and I think Norwich had built up a fair bit of debt by the time of their last relegation (may be wrong?).

Just now, Zlin Owl said:

Agree with you mate but.........we need a system where relegated clubs can't use this money to strentghen there already star studded side. Yes they still have to pay prem wages but withh FFP it is very difficult for other teams to compete on a level playing field. Not sure what the answer is but they have in effect created a 2 tier Championship league.

As you say it is not straight forward but meither is it fair or just to other sides, yes, people will say if it was us I would be different but in all honesty I wouldn't. They are getting rewarded for failure.

But not getting promoted so what difference does it make really?

Think everyone's had the wool pulled over their eyes by whoever freaked out about this first and it's gained momentum

Teams getting parachute payments don't just bounce straight back to the Premier League otherwise we'd know the promoted teams before the start of the season

The sooner people realise the parachute payment argument is a total red herring shouted about by people on the internet the better

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

Hull and Blackpool aren't good examples, their chairmen fell out with the fans and refused to spend any money, and I think Norwich had built up a fair bit of debt by the time of their last relegation (may be wrong?).

Still had parachute money though right?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

What about our porcine friends at the Bay of Pigs in 2007 then ? lol

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But it's not getting teams who get parachute payments promoted so I am struggling to understand why you're still trying to suggest they're evil

lol

Is it not? What's the parentage of teams yo-yoing the top 2 leagues? 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

But not getting promoted so what difference does it make really?

Think everyone's had the wool pulled over their eyes by whoever freaked out about this first and it's gained momentum

Teams getting parachute payments don't just bounce straight back to the Premier League otherwise we'd know the promoted teams before the start of the season

The sooner people realise the parachute payment argument is a total red herring shouted about by people on the internet the better

The point is, without appearing tobe pedantic is the creation of a 2 tier system. I agree they don't all bounce straight back but they also are in a position to pay the types of wages and transfer fees most can only dream of outside the Prem. It's a middle finger to the FFP system IMO

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You tell me- you're the one crying that the parachute payments are evil - so tell us the stats and let's see

I don't know, that's why I'm asking you but I suspect there's a strong correlation between p payments and promotion. 

Just now, Zlin Owl said:

I agree they don't all bounce straight back but they also are in a position to pay the types of wages and transfer fees most can only dream of outside the Prem.

But what's the point paying those wages if you don't get promoted?

Look at us for an example there

Parachute Payments dont' get clubs promoted. It's just not really happening to the extent that people are worrying about it.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

Agree regarding parachute payments, but then let owners invest the same amount as parachute payments each season!

If parachute payments dont' get you promoted what is the point of letting owners spend that much to equate to it to still not get promoted and at the same time risk their club existing after spendageddon?

Owlstalk Shop